Justin Simmons released 👀

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, would be nice but I'd figure him to be way over our price point for the position. 

Wonder how much the Broncos are still on the hook for with him…? 

If they are eating some of that salary he could be had for a reasonable price to offset the contract he’d garner on the regular market. He might be opposed to a 1 year deal though… 🤔

Good fit. Of the released guys he has taken over my favorite spot over Eddie Jackson and Rayshawn Jenkins. Any of those three guys would fit and are natural free safeties. I am guessing Simmons will be expensive. 

• Agree 2

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Good fit. Of the released guys he has taken over my favorite spot over Eddie Jackson and Rayshawn Jenkins. Any of those three guys would fit and are natural free safeties. I am guessing Simmons will be expensive. 

Those other 2 might be better options in terms of $ to play. Both were pretty solid for the Bears and Jags. 

You might even be able to get both for a little more than the same price you’d end up paying Simmons…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Safeties got WAY overpaid for a few years. I think the market will not be kind to them this year, outside maybe one or two guys.

No way should the Bills pay top dollar for a safety. There are too many good options this year to go out and spend that much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Unpopular opinion but I would rather find someone younger and cheaper. McD is very good at coaching defensive backs.

Except for our physical specimen of a first round pick that he doesn't like so he makes him inactive. 

• Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, would be nice but I'd figure him to be way over our price point for the position. 

Completely agree. I'd want him, but he's going to command top end money.

However, if he draws the market away it's an asset to the Bills

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, boyst said:

the depth of this free agency year is insane.

Defensively, yes. For offense it seems to only be the RB and interior OLine that has any substance of quality on that market. 

Have a more offense orientated draft and go defense in FA seems to be the smarter approach. 

6 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Defensively, yes. For offense it seems to only be the RB and interior OLine that has any substance of quality on that market. 

Have a more offense orientated draft and go defense in FA seems to be the smarter approach. 

go take a look at free agent centers.

sirius nfl radio said 14 starting or formerly starting centers are avaialble.

image.thumb.png.8e21502c30caddcbcbac1e53e82ee8ba.png

Edited by boyst

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

😂

I have, hence the “RBs and interior OLine”. 

WRs, TEs and OTs are all journeymen. Same with QBs; Cousins & Mayfield are it. The only OTs worth anything out there have a load of games under their belt. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, boyst said:

Connor Williams with McGovern is probably the only combo I would prefer over the Edwards-McGovern situation. I do think they add a depth piece, maybe Brian Allen. 

15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Connor Williams with McGovern is probably the only combo I would prefer over the Edwards-McGovern situation. I do think they add a depth piece, maybe Brian Allen. 

i say we add the other connor mcgovern.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

18M for a safety.  How the hell does that happen???

Seriously these GMs are morons.

Two first round picks for Adams??? 

We certainly don't need to pay 18m for safety. I trust McD can get the most out of a lesser signing and make the most of it.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

18M for a safety.  How the hell does that happen???

Seriously these GMs are morons.

Two first round picks for Adams??? 

They tagged him twice... they basically drove the price up on themselves.  

1 hour ago, wppete said:

There is no way we can afford him. Thats too bad. 

His pay will be worse than it was.  He's now in age 30 season, so we'll see what kinda market there is.  People are expecting him to drive the price down, and i wonder if its the opposite and this market drives his price down.  

Still a great player, i'd poke around to see what money he'd expect.  I'd consider him an upgrade over hyde and poyer.  

49 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

They tagged him twice... they basically drove the price up on themselves.  

His pay will be worse than it was.  He's now in age 30 season, so we'll see what kinda market there is.  People are expecting him to drive the price down, and i wonder if its the opposite and this market drives his price down.  

Still a great player, i'd poke around to see what money he'd expect.  I'd consider him an upgrade over hyde and poyer.  

Gotta take a look. But McBeane knows this.

I can see a vet coming in due to need

and btw 30 is too old for Bills. That is nearly a risk rental for 3 years

prefer to draft or find a great younger fit in FA who learn the McD system quickly. if that's possible. Would take some wizardry I suspect

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Is it bad that I would hold it against him that the Fish put up a seventy-something burger on his defense? 🤔

He didn't play that week.

• Haha (+1) 1