Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

1 minute ago, iccrewman112 said:

At any time. Diggs can renegotiate his contract to be more tradable, if he wants out he can change the contract terms prior to the trade so the bills can do it. It likely means he takes a pay cut in order to be traded.

its up to him.

He can change his future money, but he cant change his past money. 

16 minutes ago, Malazan said:

The enemy speaks kindly and holds a knife.

I was just looking for this tweet...

The guy can't help himself. He loves the drama. He's not an idiot; he fully understands what he's doing. He's gradually making himself more unpalatable in hopes of pushing his way out IMO.

I firmly believe that the relationship between him and Josh is broken. I don't know what happened but things haven't been the same since the Bengals loss.

If his contract status was different I think he'd already be gone. Instead, I think we're stuck for another year. Him still being on the team in 2025 would be shocking.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I thought trading him after May would save $19M against the cap

I thought trading him after May would clear $19M in cap space

A post-June 1 trade or release saves $19 million in 2024 according to Spotrac, but hits us in 2025:

2024 Dead Cap: $8,849,000
2024 Cap Savings: $19,005,000

2025 Dead Cap: $22,247,000

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You may be right. But there sure is a crap ton of smoke regardless. 

If this is really just a lot of people making up fake stories (like Stef calling a Texans WR to ask about the organization), I dont know what is the benefit for such a story.

The same tweeter who said this, also said that Snell will be an Astro (and had a text screenshot from an insider). So If that ends up happening, then i'll give him some credibility. 

He also said Armstead had agreed to be a Texan. Sooooooo.....

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I agree, and none of this drama has been destructive to the team in the past, so I’m never very concerned. This doesn’t seem TO in his prime where the drama hurt the team. My greatest concern is the possibility that Diggs is past his prime. I worry about that far more than social media posts. 

I'm not convinced that's the case.

I think his disappearing act the last half the season was more attitude than injury. I also think him going after Josh multiple times and then dodging the bullets when he no-shows in the playoffs is an awful look in the locker room.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

A post-June 1 trade or release saves $19 million in 2024 according to Spotrac, but hits us in 2025:

2024 Dead Cap: $8,849,000
2024 Cap Savings: $19,005,000

2025 Dead Cap: $22,247,000

So we have a Super.Bowl hangover

no sweat 

• Haha (+1) 1

I hope we trade his ass after next season. I’m tired of this drama queen. It would just be too much of a hit to do it this off-season.  

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Ahh. Thats admittedly a bad look.

I think all this guy is doing is guessing that the general smoke around Stef and Houston is true and trying to appear ITK by "reporting" this. That seems to be his MO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Me

Me too. What if Josh Allen tears his knee in Week 1? Now you've given up your only reward for a lost season to get MHJ instead of another highly rated WR in a deep and talented class - who like other WR's taken lower than the highest rated prospect, could end up being the better NFL WR.

57 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Off-season in full effect

The thing that gets me is "I'm ready for watever" could mean LITERALLY anything. Diggs posts WAY more on Social Media about things in his day to day life than he does Football. 

He also posted a heart emoji before that. Even if it is Football, who's to say he's not saying he's feeling good about our chances now that he's got Samuel next to him and is ready for that?

I just love how he tweets something that is essentially nothing and then a bunch of people are like "I'm so sick of him, he needs to stfu" 😂

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

When does the Bills brass get tired of McDermott's defense choking in games???

McDermott throwing Diggs under the boss was the lowest of the low for this loser coach. 

I would take ten Diggs over one McDermott 

I am trying not to get emotional but the people that what to run Diggs out of town really piss me off. Diggs is the best WR in franchise history and people want to run him out of town. I've said this before but he is the only one to stand up to McDermott and his joke of an OC. I love him for that!

Andre Reed says hello. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Unless a deal blew the socks off the Bills, why would they entertain trading Diggs - especially to an AFC rival!

because some other team might not realize at this point in his career he's basically a midtier wideout masquerading as a legit #1 option

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

What if Josh Allen tears his knee in Week 1? 

You take that back!!.....that's bad juju putting something like that out into the universe!!

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

Andre Reed says hello. 

7 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Reed > Diggs. 
***** it: Moulds > Diggs

I honestly believe if Moulds had Allen for a QB, he'd be our best WR ever. That man was so talented.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Breakout Squad said:

Diggs is definitely better than Moulds 

Diggs has better feet and probably runs a better route, but I wonder how Moulds would have dominated in todays touchy feely NFL with JA17 @ the helm 🤔

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Reed > Diggs. 
***** it: Moulds > Diggs

In the context of reading Moulds, I thought you meant Josh Reed 😂

4 minutes ago, dgrochester55 said:

If Diggs tweeted about having a Pizza for dinner, the media would give a headline stating "Diggs wants to play for Jets!!!". 

Nothing to see here.

In a day and a half, we hand Diggs 18.5m in cash. Capped or not, there's no way we're paying him 18.5m for him not to be here.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I didn’t hear Lombardi. Can anyone confirm? 

I'd doubt this. If someone like Lombardi was "adamant" that he's on the market, there'd be reports everywhere. Doing a search on this, that 1 random guy is literally the only one who says that happened.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

I don’t even care anymore. Im over diggs and his no showing in every playoff game. His cap hit makes this basically a dead convo right now though. There’s not a chance imo that beane isn’t preparing for this for the draft.  He knows his days here are numbered. This team is taking a wr early 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Good lord we have to read about this everyday again?  

Lombardi says all kinds of things usually geared towards whoever his audience is.  He is always the smartest guy in the room and knows exactly what teams should be doing.  

I wish Diggs didn't make these dumb tweets, he knows what he is doing.  If he wants out he should just say it, there is nothing wrong with that....yet he keeps saying he doesn't.  Its just a dumb situation.

A part of me would love to see him get traded to Dallas for the comic relief of it but it appears they are about to start a complete do over next year.....I keep seeing the giants fans talking about this on twitter also, that would be entertaining to say the least.

Edited by MikePJ76

21 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I didn’t hear Lombardi. Can anyone confirm? 

I simply don't understand why you want this so badly.

Even if we were to entertain the idea that this is more of a possibility than it actually is - did you not see what Keenan Allen, Diontae Johnson, and Jerry Jeudy got in return on MUCH lesser contracts? 

This idea that we'd get even CLOSE to the value you think we'd get is even more unrealistic than a trade happening. No one is taking on that kind of contract for a 30 year old WR and giving us more than a Day 3 pick.

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Even if we were to entertain the idea that this is more of a possibility than it actually is - did you not see what Keenan Allen, Diontae Johnson, and Jerry Jeudy got in return on MUCH lesser contracts? 

This idea that we'd get even CLOSE to the value you think we'd get is even more unrealistic than a trade happening. No one is taking on that kind of contract for a 30 year old WR and giving us more than a Day 3 pick.

That's absurd 

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I’ll trade him for a RD1 or RD2 & another pick. 

Diggs is not those guys.  Even some of us who are down on him know that the perception of Diggs is much higher than the three you just listed. 

Teams know what we have to eat to trade him.   Diggs knows as well.  So he can be as cryptic as he wants.. he signed the contract and he played the way he played last year.  

Either there’s a market or there’s not, but we’re not giving him away.  He’s not friggin Diontae Johnson. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ll trade him for a RD1 or RD2 & another pick. 

Diggs is not those guys.  Even some of us who are down on him know that the perception of Diggs is much higher than the three you just listed. 

Teams know what we have to eat to trade him.   Diggs knows as well.  So he can be as cryptic as he wants.. he signed the contract and he played the way he played last year.  

Either there’s a market or there’s not, but we’re not giving him away.  He’s not friggin Diontae Johnson. 

even if they could he is not bringing back first round draft pick before the draft.  The best they could probably do is something like Arizona's #35 and #138.

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

TBH, I'm not even sure Diggs is trolling.  He loves him his cryptic tweets and the 'wutever' he's ready for could be the two women he checked into suites at the same hotel and his plans for the evening, the success of his fashion line - anything.

He might not have been trolling with this particular tweet, but he’s admitted to trolling

CBSsports.com has a story about Diggs' tweets seeming to be about him wanting out of Buffalo, but it is based solely on trying to interpret his tweets.  I think the Bills ownership and management definitely would move on without all of the cap considerations.  They must be getting tired of this.  I know that we are.

• Like (+1) 1

Minnesota fans warned us.  We should have noticed Diggs has an expiration date closer to a loaf of bread than twinkies.  He is too self focused to be a team player on a long term basis.  I just wish Beane could figure out a way to move Diggs without wrecking our roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Minnesota fans warned us.  We should have noticed Diggs has an expiration date closer to a loaf of bread than twinkies.  He is too self focused to be a team player on a long term basis.  I just wish Beane could figure out a way to move Diggs without wrecking our roster. 

About him being a diva? Who cares? He's had a great run on our team. And it's not over. With real receivers on the outside opposite of him, he's gonna get his share of looks.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Diggs 2024 salary fully guarantees 03/17/2024

maybe he's getting anxiety not knowing if he will stay or go

who knows what beane has or hasn't told his agent

Or he is going camping this weekend  and he is “ready for whatever “…

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Diggs 2024 salary fully guarantees 03/17/2024

maybe he's getting anxiety not knowing if he will stay or go

who knows what beane has or hasn't told his agent

so this will be over this weekend either way!