Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

I was on Diggs side last off-season. 

This year, especially after that KC game.. bruh.. shut up. 

He’s exhausting and nobody wants to hear this drama from a guy who played the last half of the year like a WR2. 

Allen answers this question correctly time after time while Diggs is in a perpetual “only God can judge me” phase. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

He’s exhausting and nobody wants to hear this drama from a guy who played the last half of the year like a WR2. 

Allen answers this question correctly time after time while Diggs is in a perpetual “only God can judge me” phase. 

But he literally did answer this question the right way today. He said he "hopes it doesn't happen".

And Josh doesn't answer this question time after time. Josh is one of the top 2 or 3 QB's in the NFL. He's literally never answered the question of "do you think you'll be traded?" because no one would EVER ask him that.

If he had to, how can you say that he wouldn't say that he has no control over that but hopes it doesn't happen? Why is that answer so controversial to you?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

But he literally did answer this question the right way today. He said he "hopes it doesn't happen".

And Josh doesn't answer this question time after time. Josh is one of the top 2 or 3 QB's in the NFL. He's literally never answered the question of "do you think you'll be traded?" because no one would EVER ask him that.

If he had to, how can you say that he wouldn't say that he has no control over that but hopes it doesn't happen? Why is that answer so controversial to you?

I’m clearly talking about how Josh answers when asked about Diggs. 

If my girlfriend and I are in weird point in our relationship and she asks me about how I feel about us, should I answer like Diggs if I truly want to be with her long term?  

Because the only way I’m answering like that is if I want to be in a toxic relationship where I constantly gaslight her. 

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If my girlfriend and I are in weird point in our relationship and she asks me about how I feel about us, should I answer like Diggs if I truly want to be with her long term?  

Because the only way I’m answering like that is if I want to be in a toxic relationship where I constantly gaslight her. 

I did also hear Allen say he doesn’t know what the future holds when asked if this is the end.

30 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Diggs answer in todays interview was significantly better.

Perhaps someone talked to him and coached him on what to say.

I also thought his responses were better today, certainly better than I expected.  I have a feeling this may be his way of sending a message to Beane that he will not accept a pay cut to play for the Bills next season.

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I did also hear Allen say he doesn’t know what the future holds when asked if this is the end.

But, but... Josh would never say something like that ever. It's not a standard football answer 😆

50 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Diggs answer in todays interview was significantly better.

Perhaps someone talked to him and coached him on what to say.

Honestly, there was nothing wrong with his answer before. A standard football answer that Josh himself gave.

People were upset over their self conceived notions of what they felt he SHOULD have said in addition and drew their own conclusions as to what his not saying them meant and punishments he should incur because of their own self conceived notions.

Then when asked again, he hit on everything they wanted. /thread

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I mean, he did call him family and his brother for life no matter what happens. I'm not sure where you're seeing gaslighting and toxic relationship is in his comments.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

24 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Diggs calls Josh family say he's his brother. Diggs probably has some issues with the team (speculation). 
WE all love Josh and WE all have some issues with the team too. Yet somehow we can't relate? 

So this is an interesting question.  Where and when did Diggs say Josh is his brother?

Allen says that about Josh.  I have not heard Diggs say that about Allen.

42 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, he did call him family and his brother for life no matter what happens. I'm not sure where you're seeing gaslighting and toxic relationship is in his comments.

Diggs said that?  Can you point me at where/when?

Edited by Beck Water

40 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So this is an interesting question.  Where and when did Diggs say Josh is his brother?

Allen says that about Josh.  I have not heard Diggs say that about Allen.

Diggs said that?  Can you point me at where/when?

Today in his interview with Kay Adams:

“That’s still family,” Diggs said. “At the end of the day, people kind of form their own opinion in regards to football. Josh extended his hand out to me when I got (traded) to the Bills. He welcomed me with open arms, open hands,” Diggs said. “That’s still my brother, I kind of get sentimental about it because he’'s still family at the end of the day. He’s always going to be family no matter how it shakes out.”

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Honestly, there was nothing wrong with his answer before.

There was, but you’re incapable of admitting it, so we all moved on.

Its like trying to convince the mother-in-law she puts too much celery in the macaroni salad. It’s a losing battle.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

What did he do now?

6 hours ago, jahnyc said:

I also thought his responses were better today, certainly better than I expected.  I have a feeling this may be his way of sending a message to Beane that he will not accept a pay cut to play for the Bills next season.

Almost no way does he take a voluntary pay cut. If he does it will go as well as when Richie Incognito accepted one at first. 

I do not know where this pay cut talk came from.

If anything, he's more likely to get his money up front by the Bills converting his salary into a bonus to make cap space.

This is the media making up insane "what if" scenarios that disregard the cap situation, asking the guy that they are speculating out how he feels about that, and then speculating on what his answer means. The snake is eating its own tail because after Sunday we start a 7 month slog to the next season and they are running out of things to talk about.

• Like (+1) 2

The way his 2nd half of the season went and various comments from people who have legit sources on here about his behavior...
specifically getting in Allen's face over every perceived mistake in the locker room 

I'd guess 50 / 50 chance he's traded.   It may depend most on what value he would bring back in a trade

Obviously, his salary doesn't make it easy....but it is possible. 

I like Diggs, but this could be a case of addition by subtraction

If I'm Beane, my top priority is to get Josh Allen 2 dynamic WR's for the next 5 years

9 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Today in his interview with Kay Adams:

“That’s still family,” Diggs said. “At the end of the day, people kind of form their own opinion in regards to football. Josh extended his hand out to me when I got (traded) to the Bills. He welcomed me with open arms, open hands,” Diggs said. “That’s still my brother, I kind of get sentimental about it because he’'s still family at the end of the day. He’s always going to be family no matter how it shakes out.”

Sounds like he knows he’s gone.  Trying to leave on good terms.