Tua expected to sign an extension with Miami this offseason, per Schefter

Roundybout

At Bama, we used to call him, "one read Tua"....he is fantastic when the play design centers on one and only read, however, when the play breaks down and he is forced to improvise, he can't do it.

College could hide his flaws.....not so much in the NFL.

Ā 

The Miami HC has been doing a fantastic job at game planning for ole "one read" and devising the O around him to hide his flaws, but you give Tua more than one thing to think about or more than one option and well, you've all seen the results on the field.

I knew the Fins taking Tua as their draft pick was a big, big mistake for them, however, as long as he is in our division, it's going to work out well for us.

On 3/1/2024 at 11:01 AM, Gregg said:

Ā 

If the Dolphins can get the #1 seed, then they would have a shot at going to the Super Bowl. They struggle to play when the weather is nasty. The Chiefs game was proof of that. There are quite a few teams in the AFC where the weather can and probably will be a factor late in the year especially playoff time.

Miami struggles against good teams. Yeah, bitter cold doesnā€™t help, but they lost two games in Miami late in the year to Buffalo and Tenn

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/1/2024 at 11:48 AM, Low Positive said:

$55 million per? I think Spotrac's projection here is too high.Ā 

Too high, but ultimately itā€™s realistic. Last year he switched agents to the people who got Watson his 100% guaranteed contract. The thing with QB contracts is that they are more so based on the position, rather than the playersā€™ abilities, and also based on how much the last QB signed for. Miami should understand that if they donā€™t make him the highest paid QB, another team undoubtedly will. We all know how hard it is to land a franchise QB.Ā 

Excellent. This should take MIami back a couple notches in what they can spend on the rest of the team. I don't fear them anymore. Tyreek is 30 and can't be the same player for much longer.

A Tua-led offense reminds me of our Frazier-run defenses.Ā  Capable of wrecking mid-to-low tier teams.Ā  But if the opponent can counter (in this case by forcing Tua to go past his first read), they are simply unable to adjust.

Ā 

We're seeing their ceiling with Tua.Ā  I think with high-enough seeding they can win a home playoff game, but will never reach the AFCCG unless they are the #1 seed, which I don't see happening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Sweats said:

Ā 

I knew the Fins taking Tua as their draft pick was a big, big mistake for them, however, as long as he is in our division, it's going to work out well for us.

Ā 

Bama coach did not recommend him to his buddy in New England.Ā  He took Mac Jones instead.Ā  Not sure if he was recommended by Nick Saban.

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

A Tua-led offense reminds me of our Frazier-run defenses.Ā  Capable of wrecking mid-to-low tier teams.Ā  But if the opponent can counter (in this case by forcing Tua to go past his first read), they are simply unable to adjust.

Ā 

We're seeing their ceiling with Tua.Ā  I think with high-enough seeding they can win a home playoff game, but will never reach the AFCCG unless they are the #1 seed, which I don't see happening.

This is probably a pretty good comp you made with frazier/tua

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Sweats said:

At Bama, we used to call him, "one read Tua"....he is fantastic when the play design centers on one and only read, however, when the play breaks down and he is forced to improvise, he can't do it.

College could hide his flaws.....not so much in the NFL.

Ā 

The Miami HC has been doing a fantastic job at game planning for ole "one read" and devising the O around him to hide his flaws, but you give Tua more than one thing to think about or more than one option and well, you've all seen the results on the field.

That's kind of the exact opposite of what Nick Saban and his game film said about him at Alabama lol

Ā Ā 

Nick Saban literally opened up the playbook to a more pro style offense because tua could get to his 3rd + read

Ā 

Something that Jalen hurts couldn't do

Ā 

When a play breaks down tua isn't a good improviser... But he can get to his second and third read in college very easily

Ā 

He struggles in the pros because he's not built for the game and once his first reads not there he's taking a hit... So gets happy feet

Ā 

Sabans my favorite coach and tua certainly did not have a problem at Alabama getting to his second third or even 4th read... I was at the Alabama spring game when tua was an 18 year old high schooler playing in the game

Ā 

And he was dicing up Alabama's defense as a kid who was technically still in high school.. early enrolled... He was a tremendous college quarterback from the day he stepped on campus

Ā 

Much better at processing and getting to his second and third read than Jalen

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Ā 

Bama coach did not recommend him to his buddy in New England.Ā  He took Mac Jones instead.Ā  Not sure if he was recommended by Nick Saban.

Tua was drafted at #6 in 2020. New England had the 23rd pick that year and they traded the pick (down).

Ā 

NE drafted Mac Jones at #15 in 2021.

Ā 

I really don't know where you are going with the above post.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2024 at 12:02 PM, Saint Doug said:

Too high, but ultimately itā€™s realistic. Last year he switched agents to the people who got Watson his 100% guaranteed contract. The thing with QB contracts is that they are more so based on the position, rather than the playersā€™ abilities, and also based on how much the last QB signed for. Miami should understand that if they donā€™t make him the highest paid QB, another team undoubtedly will. We all know how hard it is to land a franchise QB.Ā 

Ā 

That did not work out very well for the Giants. I hate the ā€œnext up, raise the salary barā€ concept. But Iā€™ll make an exception in Miamiā€™s case and suggest $65 Mil/year for the next decade or so. Ā Ā šŸ˜‹

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Dude is a super solid human being and I wish nothing but the best for him personally (except when he plays the Bills). Ā This would be so much easier if he was a whiney dbag like Mahomes, then I could hate his guts.Ā 

I agree. Such a good dude. Too bad he plays for Miami. Would like to see him in the NFC.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/16/2024 at 2:17 PM, TheWeatherMan said:

Dude is a super solid human being and I wish nothing but the best for him personally (except when he plays the Bills). Ā This would be so much easier if he was a whiney dbag like Mahomes, then I could hate his guts.Ā 

Itā€™s also easy to not hate him because the Bills are his daddy.

Ā 

Remember the 2020 blowout where they lost the game in the first Q and couldnā€™t mount a comeback against backups to make the postseason? Hard to hate something that.

Ā 

Itā€™s why Pats fans didnā€™t hate us up til like now.Ā 

• Agree 1

On 4/16/2024 at 2:18 PM, wppete said:

Ā 

He's got a good voice and a good sense of rhythm but that guitar playing.....eeeek!Ā  (doesn't help that it's over mic'd relative to his voice)

Ā 

Some folks here got a Brudda from Another Mudda in the replies:Ā Ā "instead of singing learn to throw better you neanderthal"

On 4/16/2024 at 3:32 PM, Virgil said:

I think he's worth about 75-80 mil per

Alpha touted him as an mvp candidate caliber player in his you canā€™t win with a top tier wr posts.Ā 
Ā 

it only seems fair he sets the barĀ 

Tua is hopefully going to be the highest paid QB in NFL history with over ninety percent guaranteed.
Ā 
šŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤ž