Seven Nation Army on Gamedays

53 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Why do the Bills always play this song on gamedays?  The song is 20yrs old and, as far as I’m aware, has zero relevance to Buffalo. 

In my opinion, playing this song comes off as tacky, outdated and simply put:  embarrassing. 

1. Why do we play this song?

2. Who is responsible for selecting the playlist on game days. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

I think of this song more for Ravens game days.  They've featured the Seven Nation Army tune for as long as I can remember going to that Stadium, which is many years.  I don't recall it being used in Buffalo until well after.  So I think the Bills jumped on the bandwagon which many teams have done.

Bills should be playing more TOOL on 3rd downs, seems they get a stop every time they play Sober!

NE played a ton of TOOL inside Gillette on defense through the Brady era and they seemed to do pretty good.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I saw the White Stripes at Blackpool Winter Gardens. One of the best live gigs I have ever been to. 

Aso for the people who don't think it is a classic... well I'm gonna fight 'em off, 
a seven nation army couldn't hold me back!

Thank you! I saw the White Stripes on a tiny stage many moons ago and they blew me away. (One of my wife's best friends produced their first two records too.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

It's the professional version of every school in the US playing thunderstruck before every game in the 90s and some to this day. 

I remember the days they used to play Thunderstruck and Crazy Train by Ozzy at the stadium all the time 

13 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I mean, would you prefer “Song 2” by Blur? Its possibly the one song played universally at sporting events more than 7NA, but that’s more of a “Soccer Football” thing than a “Gridiron Football” thing.

That was more of a Sabres thing here in Buffalo

41 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I'm 60+ and had never heard of this song til right now. Just went to YT to check it out, and it's pretty much garbage, IMO.

They play THAT song at every Bills game?! Yeah, I'd question it too.

I call shenanigans.  Nobody over 60 shorthands youtube to YT.  Nice try kid.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I’ve thought this for a while, it’s played out. I don’t really care all that much, but when I’ve heard it, the thought that it’s overplayed has crossed my mind. Thus it needs to go! 

I would like to start a petition. This is an important matter. We cannot go into the new stadium playing this song. 😊

29 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I mean, would you prefer “Song 2” by Blur? Its possibly the one song played universally at sporting events more than 7NA, but that’s more of a “Soccer Football” thing than a “Gridiron Football” thing.

I remember that from FIFA on PlayStation back in the day. 

26 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think the Bills should play Lady GaGa

Bad Romance? Thats the kinda relationship most of us have with this team anyway. 🥴

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Never heard of it…

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

No one tell OP how old The Shout Song is.

I’m personally Okay with that tradition. That’s why it’s important to have this convo lol. Do we really want to make Seven Nation Army into a tradition. We can do better. 

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I’m personally Okay with that tradition. That’s why it’s important to have this convo lol. Do we really want to make Seven Nation Army into a tradition. We can do better. 

No we can't.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

My friends and I call it the white trash chant 🤣

We assumed it was a Buffalo thing, but yesterday I noticed Baltimore using it.

We are in fact, white. Just to clarify. 

Personally hate the White Stripes and that hipster alternative/retro crap that came out like 15-20 years ago,  but it's a fun chant. 

Who started it? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

Why do the Bills always play this song on gamedays?  The song is 20yrs old and, as far as I’m aware, has zero relevance to Buffalo. 

In my opinion, playing this song comes off as tacky, outdated and simply put:  embarrassing. 

blasphemy!

white trash chant!~!

its a stadium anthem fcol. Next  dude is gonna say "oh that TACKY Zubaz fabric has Got To Go"

lol now you've stepped in it. I AM White trash army and I object to your post!

lmao

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I would like to start a petition. This is an important matter. We cannot go into the new stadium playing this song. 😊

Nominating 'Are You Ready For This' by Jock Jams.

Now you'll have an urge to watch old David Bronstein - The Prince of Love dating infomercials.

image.thumb.jpeg.c2f042ee447d201d1ee930b9bc1b82a3.jpeg

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

3 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Shout song > "We the Mafia" any day. 

And I love hip hop. 

That song is so basic. 

I love Benny, and he probably made the best shot at a replacement or at least a new complimentary song, but yeah. Every year someone posts a new wrong to replace Shout, and none of them ever hold a candle to the OG.

4 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Better yet, why are networks still playing 80's music like Twisted Sister in and out of commercial breaks?

Musicians, their agents, and their lawyers are either dead or drugged out zombies after the excesses of the era.

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

what would you prefer?  Taylor Swift?  Are you a Swiftie? 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I’m pretty sure every sporting event for every major sport plays this song at least once/game. 

It's the "new" Rock 'n' Roll (Part 2).

• Like (+1) 1

The song is overplayed but all stadium songs are.  Jack White seems like the kind of guy who would show up to an event in a Tesla and shame everyone who drove a combustion engine car to the party.

They need to support local bands and play Cannibal Corpse and King Buffalo 🤘

Edited by Buffalo ill

Why whine about a song? And “outdated” is the worst argument ever. Should they only play new music? 

29 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Better yet, why are networks still playing 80's music like Twisted Sister in and out of commercial breaks?

Probably because rock was better back then. 😎 And the lyrics are free of curse words so they’re safe, whatever Tipper Gore says. 

5 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

Why whine about a song? And “outdated” is the worst argument ever. Should they only play new music? 

Probably because rock was better back then. 😎 And the lyrics are free of curse words so they’re safe, whatever Tipper Gore says. 

Freak-O, I'm not getting into a back and forth with you over hair metal and Jack White. For starters, there's a reason hair metal is never coming back and there's a reason Jack White built his own instruments in his music, won over 12 Grammy's, and is actually living to enjoy his retirement. 😈

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I agree, almost every team plays that song on kickoffs. We need to do our own thing. 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I think of this song more for Ravens game days.  They've featured the Seven Nation Army tune for as long as I can remember going to that Stadium, which is many years.  I don't recall it being used in Buffalo until well after.  So I think the Bills jumped on the bandwagon which many teams have done.

I think it’s Wisconsin that plays U2’s “Where the Streets Have No Name before the home game. They really crank it. At the beginning it almost feels like you’re coming to church with the harmonium music and then it breaks out. They also play “Jump Around” by House of Pain just before the start of the 4thQ. Started in 1998 and it’s awesome to see all the students and fans literally jump around. Especially at a big rivalry game.

Another college team would do “Mr. Brightside” and it seemed like it was a unique until frickin everyone started playing that all through any kind of game everywhere.

It would be cool to have our own signature song that is played at a specific time.

I just found this on youtube. These are a VIBE that isn't stadium anthem-y but cool nonetheless.  Jack Black is iconic Don't Tread on Jack.

Edited by muppy

2 hours ago, Negan said:

Bills should be playing more TOOL on 3rd downs, seems they get a stop every time they play Sober!

NE played a ton of TOOL inside Gillette on defense through the Brady era and they seemed to do pretty good.

That evil rock n roll, bringing dark spirits into the stadium. It’s obvious Belliboy sold his soul to the devil for those championships! 

Cause it gets many people pumped up and crazy train - over 40 years old and nothing to do with Buffalo- is way over used.

May I suggest 'A Milli' by Lil Wayne?  Real loud so the snare sounds like gun shots.  That would get a rise out of everyone of one form or another; and maybe some lawsuits too.  Good stuff.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.