Browns hire Dorsey as OC

Process

11 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

Do we get a comp pick?

For a coach?  I assume your joking.

As far as Dorsey, I’m always supportive of a guy getting another job.  Why they would choose him after his predictability is a head scratcher.  He’d be better as simply a QB coach.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

if he adds to the dumpster fire which is the cleveland franchise that's fine with me. I'm not mad at he specifically but just the

whole watson debacle has soured me to the cleveland browns. Embrace your new home Ken and may your new team never

be above my Bills in the standings. Bottom line.

Edited by muppy

16 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I believe he’s a better play caller than Brady. It’ll be interesting to to see how he does. Browns are talented.

Are you saying Dorsey is better than Brady at play calling or Stephanski ?? Just wondering because if Dorsey is a better play caller than Brady oi would think he would still be employed as the Bills OC but isn't . So there's that .

11 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OMG, can't wait to see Dorsey's relationship with POShaun.  I mean why the ***** would anyone even want to work with that reprobate?  I know, there's only 32 jobs, blahblahblah.  Have some pride Ken.

I bet if you were offered $1M+ per year to work with him you would sign right up

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I didn’t realize so many are that confident Joe Brady is a better offensive coordinator than Ken Dorsey? It’ll be interesting watch where the Bills offense goes from here.

Maybe the reaction I’m getting is purely emotional. Not a lot of thought going into it.

I didn't see a lot from Brady to overwhelm me with confidence either.

But I'm hoping he makes some meaningful additions to the coaching staff.  We need a good QB coach.  And hopefully somebody who has some genius for scheming up a passing game.  I also hope that Brady rewrites/modifies the playbook and finds ways to get the team to execute at a higher level.

The one thing I've heard multiple times about Brady that I like is that he's very collaborative.  He asks his subordinate coaches and players for input.   It seems obvious but from what I've heard and read, not all OCs do this.  I'm hoping that the offensive coaches working together can come up with a better offense that maximizes Josh's potential and puts bucketloads of points on the board.  

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Oh quick, now compare the opponents!

Yes, please compare how many points the offense scored in the first Miami game v. the second Miami game (whose defense was missing many of their critical players in the second game). 

Edited by Peter

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

Yes, please compare how many points the offense scored in the first Miami game v. the second Miami game (whose defense was missing many of their critical players in the second game). 

Gonna look at that one game where Josh had 3 turnovers? But also 450 yards of offense? They were toying with Miami in that game 

6 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Happy for Dorsey but his hire surprises me. 

The coaching talent pool has been almost completely drained over the last few years. Especially on the Offensive side.

These teams are stretching to find bodies to fill out their staff.

47 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Gonna look at that one game where Josh had 3 turnovers? But also 450 yards of offense? They were toying with Miami in that game 

Ha Ha!!!

You asked to compare. All of a sudden, you are backtracking and making excuses. That is fine as long as we get to take into account all of the turnovers in the first 10 games (unless you want to blame Dorsey for those). Nevertheless, comparing the two Miami games is a great comparison. You also ignored how many critical players Miami did not have playing in that second game.

Bonus Question: Which team had the second best offense in the NFL last year (2022-23)?

God Bless.

Edited by Peter

Listened to the presser. A couple take a ways...

- Unsurprisingly, didn't say much about what happened in Buffalo. Just left it a the coach decided to make a change and he's turned the page.

- He and Stefanski are "working through who calls the plays still" but Dorsey says winning is more important to him than who calls plays. 

- Says he's excited to get Watson to bounce back to a top level QB in the league. Refers to him as a "fine person". 

38 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

My issue with Dorsey was that he seemed to have a tough time adjusting once defenses were on to him, and his relentless running 3rd and 4th from 1 yd or less from shotgun.  

That was a Daboll thing that continued with Dorsey. I think they wanted to give Josh the option to hand it to the RB or keep it and run or pass. That changed this year. 

On 1/28/2024 at 6:22 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

That’s fine. He’s still a better offensive coordinator then Joe Brady.

Be that as it may…, in the English language world wide it is, “THAN’ Joe Brady  ( this THEN that ) / (Ken is better THAN Joe) as an example of basic grammar skills,  nuthin but luv, 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I rather talk football than worry about grammar.

You could actually use both 'then' and 'than' in this sentence, and it still would make sense... funny

I rather talk football then worry about grammar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I see your takes as bad as your ability to use your native language 🤣 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.