Props to y'all (LAMP)

Simon

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

As the de facto janitor, I was really not looking forward to breaking out the mop after having the season end in such a brutal fashion. Wading through the trolling, insults and crusading and trying to moderate it all was the last thing on this planet I wanted to deal with after that game. But as I have been reading around the board, I'm totally blown away to see the class and character with which 95% of this community has reacted to having their hearts ripped out again. Much respect to this community and the strength and dignity which runs through it.

Y'all have built something really nice here and as sad as I am about the Bills, I'm just as happy with what you've created for yourselves. And maybe at the end of the day, that's what's more important.

This is the best message board in the NFL. I read all the other ones, and the personal attacks and swearing makes them very toxic. The conversation here is usually more civil due to the moderation. It's you and the other mods that make this place what it is.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

This is the best constructed and most well run fan forum I have come across. 

Thank you.

Agreed. Visually and functionality-wise, this is also the best forum (as opposed the Vikings forum, for example: difficult to read with white text on a black and purple background).

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

As the de facto janitor, I was really not looking forward to breaking out the mop after having the season end in such a brutal fashion.

Behind the scenes contributors like yourself have always been and remain the strength of the Bills fanbase. The time you would have otherwise committed to your family or other interests is not lost on the many who help keep the decks of our flotilla safe for the rest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Simon said:

As the de facto janitor, I was really not looking forward to breaking out the mop after having the season end in such a brutal fashion. Wading through the trolling, insults and crusading and trying to moderate it all was the last thing on this planet I wanted to deal with after that game. But as I have been reading around the board, I'm totally blown away to see the class and character with which 95% of this community has reacted to having their hearts ripped out again. Much respect to this community and the strength and dignity which runs through it.

Y'all have built something really nice here and as sad as I am about the Bills, I'm just as happy with what you've created for yourselves. And maybe at the end of the day, that's what's more important.

I just stayed away mostly. You're welcome.

• Haha (+1) 3

Were all numb to it by now from all the practice losing big games weve had. But yes, the forum is definitely therapeutic.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

When you've seen this movie so many times, after awhile you became numb and less combative.  It should be really easy and quiet next year.

Ha you just beat me to it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Were all numb to it by now from all the practice losing big games weve had. But yes, the forum is definitely therapeutic.

Ha you just beat me to it.

I will give Simon alot of credit. He's gotta navigate through alot of knuckleheads like me.  But thank God this forum exists if for no other reason than to vent and commiserate. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

TBD is great! I often think that being a Bills fan is like being in an abusive relationship where you try your best but your partner constantly lets you down. Such trauma requires therapy and only this place supplies it! In addition the humor, especially at times like this reminds me that after all its just a sport!

• Like (+1) 2

You know what gets me the most immediately after the final second ticks off and the Bills lose their last game... Is how many threads, post comments, etc... this board made through the pre and season to get to this point. The optimism, criticism's, humor, banter etc.... And then in a fleeting moment, it's over & we have to start all over again.

This board is more resilient than the Bills could ever be. Year after year, it amazes me! So many fibers say we should break up this relationship, but we don't, keep believing. 

Probably not healthy, but too late to change now. It's why we think we are special and we are. 

Well.... bring on the draft, there's always next year right? 😊🫰

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Probably not healthy, but too late to change now.

I think that resilience probably is healthy, as long as it's not taken to the extremes of an obsessive disorder.

The fact that we're even here probably points up that we are indeed obsessed to some degree; I just appreciate the fact that for the most part, this group manages that obsession with wisdom, humor and self-awareness. That's not a common thing when it comes to large groups of humans and I respect the hell out of it when I see it.

Stay golden, PB. 🤙

16 hours ago, Draconator said:

a yeoman's job

16 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

is yeoman’s work

I also appreciate the fact that two people in one thread posting simultaneously can spell yeoman properly. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Simon said:

Wouldn't mind you pinning this for a bit for guests and visitors (some fans who I'd like to invite to this board), so they see the good in it.

Just a thought.

3 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

I would like to call for a moratorium on all people who aren't southern born hicks and/or Daisy from dukes if hazard using the word "y'all".

There are still hicks north of the Mason/Dixon.

Y'all should recognize.....

I feel like I don't belong posting in this thread. My first reaction to the loss  was not at all self flattering.

**shaking my fist at the sky and my fellow brethren**

I do agree with Simon though. Overall the board maintained dignity and decorum. under highly stressed and emotional circumstances

I tried my best to keep my sarcasm in check, you owe me a beer 🍺 

GO BILLS!!!

Since we're lamping...

As an out of market Bills fan who has a distaste for the extremes of social media/discourse I feel fortunate to have stumbled upon this site years ago.  Appreciate all the positive and negative perspectives year round along with the wit, sarcasm...and intolerance for trolls.

But more to the point I appreciate the thin connection me and my family have to what is by all accounts a fan base made up of great peeps.

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

The defcon level was far lower than I would have expected

We had seen games lost because of special teams, offense, defense, coaching, luck in all of our losses. 

This one just combined all of them and I don't think anyone was surprised anymore. I'm hoping the players don't keep the loser stink on themselves.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.