Josh EOY presser

It's all words but Josh Allen gave great EOY presser and looks like there was a fire in his eyes. We need that WR2 but I think we could be ok next year especially if we can retain Brady and Josh plays like he did somewhat down the stretch with little to no turnovers.  There will always be some. A lot of tough cap issues but JA is a leader.  Still numb but Who knows. Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

It's all words but Josh Allen gave great EOY presser and looks like there was a fire in his eyes. We need that WR2 but I think we could be ok next year especially if we can retain Brady and Josh plays like he did somewhat down the stretch with little to no turnovers.  There will always be some. A lot of tough cap issues but JA is a leader.  Still numb but Who knows. Go Bills. 

While the Bills are out shopping for a #2 receiver they might want to grab a #1 as well.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Agree 23
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 10

In his presser yesterday, I felt so bad for him.  There seemed to be a lot he wasn't saying.

If he isn't upset that his teammates let him down yet again, he's a better man than me.  The frustration with no one else on the team making a big play or having an impact has to be taking a toll.  It's a repetitive theme.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Josh has to play a perfect game for the team to have a chance in the playoffs. Even then it may not be enough. He's going to have to find a way to be even better.

I mean if you look at most teams this deep in the playoffs, they all have to play perfect games 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Josh has to play a perfect game for the team to have a chance in the playoffs. Even then it may not be enough. He's going to have to find a way to be even better.

Not realistic to expect Josh to be any better 

Maybe his receivers need to catch better, but Josh himself is playing at as high a level as possible

• Agree 7

6 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

How is that any different than any other team?  Mahomes had a play a perfect game to beat the Bills...and he did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

While the Bills are out shopping for a #2 receiver they might want to grab a #1 as well.

At this point in his career, they need to draft a #1 that pushes Diggs to #2 for the rest of the time that we have to eat his contract.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Agree, but not about the perfect game part. He just needs to manage the game better.  If he had just kept dumping the ball off short to use the clock and then hit the TD running or passing, he would be at Mahomes level. As it is now, he’s still trying to get there.

His failure to run the clock down and get the TD is a failure because he’s paid to do that. Throwing check downs was how he got to the point where he had the knife in his hands, and he couldn’t slay the dragon. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, eball said:

How is that any different than any other team?  Mahomes had a play a perfect game to beat the Bills...and he did.

He did? He missed wide open receivers for TDs on their first two possessions and they had to settle for FGs. If you can't see the difference in margin for error between these two QBs, not just yesterday but throughout all of their matchups, then I'm not sure what to tell you.

• Like (+1) 3

Happens every year then Josh doesn't workout or practice all summer but he makes sure he hits up every golf course in the country. Maybe he should try out for the PGA.

I'm not saying he's the reason we lost, I just don't like all of this talk with no action. He should be calling up guys to run routes and workout. He needs to set the standard.

• Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

20 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Can't say we didn't have opportunities...I mean in 2019 we drafted Cody Ford over DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown.  Maybe the Bills have a scouting problem too? 

Second most wins in the NFL since 2019. Doesn’t seem like we have too many problems other than first world problems. 

We have yet to get over the hump bc sports are weird and, as in life, things aren’t supposed to be fair. You can do everything right, and still lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

We are running a high school offense right now. Your QB is the best athlete so keep the ball in his hands with a ton of runs and short throws like you have no real wr's. I know McD likes this style but I dont think its sustainable. Every drive takes max effort and will wear your team down as the season goes. We need a combo of the short game with the big plays. That is the NFL. Go watch DET, BAL, SF, etc and they do both. 

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

We are running a high school offense right now. Your QB is the best athlete so keep the ball in his hands with a ton of runs and short throws like you have no real wr's. I know McD likes this style but I dont think its sustainable. Every drive takes max effort and will wear your team down as the season goes. We need a combo of the short game with the big plays. That is the NFL. Go watch DET, BAL, SF, etc and they do both. 

This is why I’m amazed how many fans want Brady back. His offense did score some points, but it looked like a college offense built around a team with no talent. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No he didn’t… the Chiefs defense made some stops and adjustments… the Bills defense was like a knife through butter in another playoff loss. Rinse repeat. 

Exactly - Mahomes barely broke a sweat last night. The Chiefs essentially scored on every drove but one. They had 5 total 3rd downs all game. The longest drive was only 10 plays long yet they had 4 drives over 60 yards. They could do whatever they wanted to this D. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Success said:

In his presser yesterday, I felt so bad for him.  There seemed to be a lot he wasn't saying.

If he isn't upset that his teammates let him down yet again, he's a better man than me.  The frustration with no one else on the team making a big play or having an impact has to be taking a toll.  It's a repetitive theme.

It did seem different from previous ones he seemed angry in his postgame like not overtly but like underneath the surface.

The end of the year presser definitely seemed locked in sounded like he was frustrated that he had to not practice right now. But it's offseason now and he has to take a break, but he doesn't want to lose how well the ball is coming out and clearly wants to get back to it. Definitely could pick up bits in pieces from it like it sounded like he'll be involved with working with his playmakers in the offseason, though he also seemed to have to note around the same time about the pieces not being set. Though he definitely identified a group at the end I wouldn't be surprised he's keyed in on.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

This is why I’m amazing how many fans want Brady back. His offense did score some points, but it looked like a college offense built around a team with no talent. 

Feel like we set the bar way too low around here sometimes. 

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No he didn’t… the Chiefs defense made some stops and adjustments… the Bills defense was like a knife through butter in another playoff loss. Rinse repeat. 

Right just compare the Shakir TD and the wide open TD to Kelce.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Happens every year then Josh doesn't workout or practice all summer but he makes sure he hits up every golf course in the country. Maybe he should try out for the PGA.

I'm not saying he's the reason we lost, I just don't like all of this talk with no action. He should be calling up guys to run routes and workout. He needs to set the standard.

From memory he's worked out/practised every summer but the last. And considering the utter mess last year was I couldn't blame him for that.

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh will become Mike Trout

Yup, but it's even worse. The best individual players in baseball don't have the kind of impact that the best players in the NFL do, especially at QB. Trout only comes up to bat 3-4 times and will probably get walked in at least one of those at the end of games. 

We have a guy that plays great in these games (for the most part) and the coach on his side of the ball NEVER comes through even after hogging so many resources for his group. 

It's actually hard to have this level of failure in the playoffs considering what Josh has done, but McD has achieved it. 

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

This is why I’m amazing how many fans want Brady back. His offense did score some points, but it looked like a college offense built around a team with no talent. 

Regardless of Brady there is little talent to work with. Josh has Kincaid and Shakir and then a bundle of overpaid trash and bottom feeders to throw to. Cook and Josh can only run so much and it SHOULD open a passing game but most of the receivers have hot dog fingers. Their long game is pretty much extinct. 

We have 10 draft picks this year after we get our 3rd round compensatory pick.

Brandon Beane needs to work magic this year and get at least 2 good WRs... one of whom needs to be a 1st or 2nd round stud.  Also needs to find a mid to late round RB who can complement Cook's running style.  Might need a Center, too.

I haven't watched the presser.  I will eventually.  This just sucks because Josh was so awesome yesterday and there's going to be this narrative comparing him to Phillip Rivers for the whole offseason we have to hear. 

Can I crawl in a hole and come out a year from now when we're back in the playoffs, please?

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Winner of the worst post of the day and there have been many

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.