Enjoy This Moment

Bills!Win!

I spent 2001-2017 (ages 9-26) rooting for an abysmal Bills team who would always let us down. It was a yearly tradition to see ourselves “In The Hunt” at Christmas time.

Year after year I had to watch undeserving fan bases like the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Giants and Eagles make deep runs. As exciting as football was in my youth, I missed out on the Bills playoff experience. I always heard about the 90’s and Rich Stadium and how it was the ultimate home field advantage. 

The only time the Bills made the playoffs was when I played Madden. As I played I always imagined in my mind what it would feel like to host a playoff game and who that franchise quarterback would be and what he would look like. 

Enjoy what we have. We may only ever win 1 Super Bowl in Allen’s career and who knows, it could be Elway-esque. Nothing is guaranteed. We have our ups and downs but I’d take this season over any of those drought seasons. So when you want to complain about the coaches or some other minor problem, just take a moment to reflect on where we came from and appreciate what we have 

Someday we are going to look back at these years as the Good Old Days. 

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 11
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 21
  • Thank you (+1) 16

I want to punch myself in the face, lay naked in the street and scream “what’s the frequency, Kenneth?” All at the same time.

To each his own on how we are handling this monumental moment in Bills history.

Go Blue.  Kick their a**.  Make us proud and euphoric.

• Sad 1

Great post.  Enjoy every second.  The Bills have been able to achieve some sustained success since Allen, McDermott, and Beane came along and as soon as I start to catch myself taking it for granted I think about the Sabres and what the alternative could be.  Then I go right back to appreciating every minute of this.  There were times during the drought years where I questioned if the Bills would ever make it back to this level.

Anyways...Go Bills!!! Beat KC and punch our ticket to the AFC Championship game

• Like (+1) 2

one lombardi before I die...

Super Bowl Football GIF by Oxford Pennant

as a fan of more than 5 decades, I have been soaking up this last run this team has been making since McD & Company took over the reins. been an up and down ride, but not one a well seasoned fan shouldn't be able to endure, just as many seasons and regimes have seen through the years. but this one seems special. resilient is putting it mildly. what a group, what a team, all playing for each other and the city of buffalo and fans throughout the nation, and even the world.

yeah, I can say I'm enjoying the moment and hanging on for the ride...

• Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want to punch myself in the face, lay naked in the street and scream “What’s the frequency, Kenneth?” All at the same time.

I was actually blasting this last night.  Good man.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

I spent 2001-2017 (ages 9-26) rooting for an abysmal Bills team who would always let us down. It was a yearly tradition to see ourselves “In The Hunt” at Christmas time.

Year after year I had to watch undeserving fan bases like the Colts, Patriots, Steelers, Giants and Eagles make deep runs. As exciting as football was in my youth, I missed out on the Bills playoff experience. I always heard about the 90’s and Rich Stadium and how it was the ultimate home field advantage. 

The only time the Bills made the playoffs was when I played Madden. As I played I always imagined in my mind what it would feel like to host a playoff game and who that franchise quarterback would be and what he would look like. 

Going from Tecmo Bowl/Super Tecmo Bowl then Madden 96 and Jim Kelly to the endless disgusting QBs we had wasn't pretty either LOL 

Imagine watching other teams like the Buccaneers, Saints, Seahawks and especially the Cheatriots SUCK for decades and then all of a sudden they are handing them Super Bowls like candy! THE single most frustrating non-Bills element to all of it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I want to punch myself in the face, lay naked in the street and scream “what’s the frequency, Kenneth?” All at the same time.

My brain initially read that as “epileptic.”

That works too…

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Going from Tecmo Bowl/Super Tecmo Bowl then Madden 96 and Jim Kelly to the endless disgusting QBs we had wasn't pretty either LOL 

Imagine watching other teams like the Buccaneers, Saints, Seahawks and especially the Cheatriots SUCK for decades and then all of a sudden they are handing them Super Bowls like candy! THE single most frustrating non-Bills element to all of it.

Losman was actually really solid in franchise mode in Madden 06 or whatever after a few seasons fwiw

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll enjoy it when they finally get over the top. I’m not interested in settling for a playoff team that never wins a title. 

The drought doesn’t change the goal because we’re contenders. Win the damn thing. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Watching these other teams - we can easily win the Super Bowl.  We are by no means a perfect team, but teams are weak league wide this year.  

The only playoff team the chiefs have beaten this year is the Dolphins!  They are as beatable this year as they have been in the Mahomes era. 

The Ravens are good but, Lamar is a weakness when the competition improves.  Our D matches up well against them and will be disciplined.  Those balls with poor ball placement will be defended.

the NFC is a step behind the AFC as a whole.  Lions are a great team but Jared Goff is not winning a SB.  Sorry but Baker Mayfield ain’t either.  And SF is totally beatable.

• Like (+1) 1

The first game I went to, Fergy was the QB. OJ was on the team. It was a Monday Night game against the Dolphins. I was like 7. I saw a guy being carried into the stadium, carried by 4 friends, each grabbing a limb. Bills won in convincing fashion. I remember my parents had season tickets for the first year of Rich Stadium. When it was raining out, I went to school in my mom's Bills rain poncho with the standing Buffalo helmet on the front.

All I want is one Super bowl victory. I have a calm feeling about today's game. Buffalo will win today. We will be in Vegas and come home with the Lombardi.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

My son is going to be 14 next Friday.  We live north of Albany NY.  Solidly in Giants, Jets, And Patsy country.   I put him and my daughter (less into it) in Bills gear from birth.    

One of my greatest memories in my entire life and certainly the greatest memory of being a Bills fan is when my son wanted to watch the end of the Bengals/Ravens game that year.   I thought it was over but he insisted.   Dalton throws the TD and my 9 year old son dives into my arms with tears in his eye screaming with joy!   

This is a great privilege to have in our lives.   But what may be to come could create memories like that one for so so many!

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll enjoy it when they finally get over the top. I’m not interested in settling for a playoff team that never wins a title. 

The drought doesn’t change the goal because we’re contenders. Win the damn thing. 

Or even an AFC Championship.

This is a huge game for McD.  

We're the better team today, at home, this will likely be the most insane 12th man ever, and they are no excuses, not even injuries. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Some of us already know what these days feel like, and already call them the good old days.

This is round 2, but I think it has the potential to be better than the last time.

Today's game is the biggest of Josh Allen's and Sean McDermott's lives.

It is the most important game played in that stadium in 30 years.

I'm getting seriously nervous.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Some of us already know what these days feel like, and already call them the good old days.

This is round 2, but I think it has the potential to be better than the last time.

Today's game is the biggest of Josh Allen's and Sean McDermott's lives.

It is the most important game played in that stadium in 30 years.

I'm getting seriously nervous.

We won for straight AFC Titles then, so not even.

It's quite arguable that this team is better than the '91 team that spanked KC in the playoffs 37-14.  

Edited by PBF81

8 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

Most undeserving fanbase of all is clearly Baltimore.  They stole the team from Cleveland just before they won a superbowl, and they were all high-fiving each other as if it had anything to do with Baltimore.

Understand and you're right. But, one thing that noticed watching the San Fran/GB game was all the fans just sitting in the stands. No emotion, just a relaxing evening a football. 🙄 

It's a playoff game at home!! Get up!! Cheer!!! Scream!!! Take your shirts off (ladies only, of course!!!) Just struck me as weird. 

Just now, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Understand and you're right. But, one thing that noticed watching the San Fran/GB game was all the fans just sitting in the stands. No emotion, just a relaxing evening a football. 🙄 

It's a playoff game at home!! Get up!! Cheer!!! Scream!!! Take your shirts off (ladies only, of course!!!) Just struck me as weird. 

They got tired of winning, like Trump promised.

Been around here a long time, 60 years and a 48 yr season ticket holder.

Just want the younger fans, like my kids and grandkids, who have not seen the best of times to enjoy the moments like today.

I remember the 1st championship game over 30 years ago, the Bills won, I cried, big fat snowflake tears. Those happiness tears were only matched by the the birth of my kids.

People that aren't real fans of a team just don't get it. Mafia gets it.

I will be leaving for the long drive to the Stadium soon, I will do all I can to try and be calm, cool and collected but I am already amped, I can tell by my pacemaker.

May all of us, young, old, former players, current players and anybody else who has had enough of Tay, Trav, Pat, Btit and the Chiefs come together today.

They're killin me Whitey, They're killin me!

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stroke 17 said:

Been around here a long time, 60 years and a 48 yr season ticket holder.

Just want the younger fans, like my kids and grandkids, who have not seen the best of times to enjoy the moments like today.

I remember the 1st championship game over 30 years ago, the Bills won, I cried, big fat snowflake tears. Those happiness tears were only matched by the the birth of my kids.

People that aren't real fans of a team just don't get it. Mafia gets it.

I will be leaving for the long drive to the Stadium soon, I will do all I can to try and be calm, cool and collected but I am already amped, I can tell by my pacemaker.

May all of us, young, old, former players, current players and anybody else who has had enough of Tay, Trav, Pat, Btit and the Chiefs come together today.

They're killin me Whitey, They're killin me!

GO BILLS!

image.png.3ebbee4d99da2a699f1115c1f879c2f8.png

29 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

21 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Or even an AFC Championship.

This is a huge game for McD.  

We're the better team today, at home, this will likely be the most insane 12th man ever, and they are no excuses, not even injuries. 

GO BILLS!!!

If you didn’t enjoy going on a roll after a 6-6 start, or the playoff win over the Steelers last week, well, I feel sorry for you.  Enjoy the ride, there is a lot of cool stuff happening! 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Please post the video link 

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

If you didn’t enjoy going on a roll after a 6-6 start, or the playoff win over the Steelers last week, well, I feel sorry for you.  Enjoy the ride, there is a lot of cool stuff happening! 

LOL   Where the hell did that come from.  To start, I was responding to another's comment in a similar vein.  

Some of you guys, you can't seem to comment without making it personal.  

Sorry to disappoint you, I've enjoyed it quite thoroughly.  See if you can wrap your mental arms around the fact that if we can't win today then we'll have won a grand total of one D-Round game on McD's entire watch.  IDK, maybe multiple thoughts push you over the top in terms of capability.  LOL 

Too much to grasp, along with the ramifications of it?  

Honestly, if you can't argue the topics, why bother?  I truly feel sorry for anyone that struggles to do that.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

If the Bills lose today, they will literally finish and draft in the same spot they did last year. While its cool that they have gone on a roll they needed to do it just to make it. Don't lose to highly inferior teams like the Jets, Patriots, and Broncos and we would be the 1 seed and we would have hosted Houston and then Baltimore or KC. I get there are two sides to this. I look at it as we can beat anyone but we always put ourselves behind the 8 ball with dumb play. This team can win a SB. I'm not satisfied losing to the Bengals, Chiefs and Ravens every year and watching them represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I've watched this team lose 4 SBs, I sat through the Music City Miracle and 13 Seconds. I've watched my heart snapped multiple times at home games on last second losses amongst many other things like Hamlin and Kevin Everett.

I'm sorry some of you are young enough that this is your apex being happy to watch them play in January. I want the parade. I've been enjoying this roller coaster for 34 years.

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If the Bills lose today, they will literally finish and draft in the same spot they did last year. While its cool that they have gone on a roll they needed to do it just to make it. Don't lose to highly inferior teams like the Jets, Patriots, and Broncos and we would be the 1 seed and we would have hosted Houston and then Baltimore or KC. I get there are two sides to this. I look at it as we can beat anyone but we always put ourselves behind the 8 ball with dumb play. This team can win a SB. I'm not satisfied losing to the Bengals, Chiefs and Ravens every year and watching them represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. I've watched this team lose 4 SBs, I sat through the Music City Miracle and 13 Seconds. I've watched my heart snapped multiple times at home games on last second losses amongst many other things like Hamlin and Kevin Everett.

I'm sorry some of you are young enough that this is your apex being happy to watch them play in January. I want the parade. I've been enjoying this roller coaster for 34 years.

I remember when I had only been a fan for 34 years. I know the ride well. I can recite all the disappointments, too. But I don’t allow them to make me miserable. 

• Like (+1) 1

I will enjoy it when we win something. Until then we are Phillip Rivers and the Chargers or Marvis Lewis and the Bengals. Nobody remembers those teams or is impressed that they were above average for many years. Need to win it all at least once to be considered great

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

I will enjoy it when we win something. Until then we are Phillip Rivers and the Chargers or Marvis Lewis and the Bengals. Nobody remembers those teams or is impressed that they were above average for many years. Need to win it all at least once to be considered great

Stare Judging You GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Enjoy what we have. We may only ever win 1 Super Bowl in Allen’s career and who knows, it could be Elway-esque. Nothing is guaranteed. We have our ups and downs but I’d take this season over any of those drought seasons. So when you want to complain about the coaches or some other minor problem, just take a moment to reflect on where we came from and appreciate what we have 

Someday we are going to look back at these years as the Good Old Days. 

Go Bills

During the next 17 year drought, I will indeed look back at this time as the Good Old Days.

But if we lose today, it will be a very, very bad day.

There's no in-between today.  Regardless of what else happens in the world today, as a Bills fan it'll either be a really, really good or a really, really bad day.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

it was surreal.  These were bottom feeders during the 90's, then suddenly winning.  Add in the Colts also.  It's our turn to become a dynasty!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.