There is no dominant team

2 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I, like everyone else, thought San Francisco was the class of the league and possibly destined for the SB. They are drowning right now. Lamar Jackson just had a Tyrod Tayor game. If we can hurdle the Chiefs, the world is ours, man. 

And we will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I, like everyone else, thought San Francisco was the class of the league and possibly destined for the SB. They are drowning right now. Lamar Jackson just had a Tyrod Tayor game. If we can hurdle the Chiefs, the world is ours, man. 

I see what you did there. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I mean if Lamar Jackson had a Tyrod Taylor game and they still won by 24 points, that seems pretty dominant to me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Totally. After Burrow went down, our chance became wide open. Not that Cincinnati was a dominant team, but I have no confidence we can beat them in the playoffs. KC’s down year. Then our team started to slip and I was thinking our best shot to date is going to get blown away. 

This is THE opportunity. The Bills will just have to suck it up, win with injuries, win the AFCCG on the road, get rest and destroy the NFC rep.

• Like (+1) 1

It just seems like that because defenses are a lot better this year around the league. It makes offenses look worse.

These teams in the playoffs are all pretty dang good. They are more balanced and nuanced than most years, including the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The AFC will dominate in the Super Bowl.  This is our big chance, the NFC has nothing.  

The AFC may not fair well. The AFC is gonna beat the ***** out of each other the next 2 games

KC is a playoff team who will not lay down without fighting. The first game probably still still on their minds and thinking they got robbed and are owed something. They will be out to prove themselves.

Whoever wins this game has to go to Baltimore. The crows in Baltimore are tough. They have an overlooked defense that doesn't break and barely bends. The defense in Baltimore will be at up on the likes of old man Kelce and other chiefs players. By comparison we are a much older team and they won't be kind to the Bills offense. 

By the time the AFC gets to the Super bowl they will be playing teams that haven't been tested as much as the AFC and probably be a lot more fresh. 

• Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

If Allen plays error free and the front four can step it up yeah. 

I do think it’s a now or never kind of moment for the bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I'm not there yet so many things to come yet loaded receiver class so if not now we can still push ahead

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

The AFC may not fair well. The AFC is gonna beat the ***** out of each other the next 2 games

KC is a playoff team who will not lay down without fighting. The first game probably still still on their minds and thinking they got robbed and are owed something. They will be out to prove themselves.

Whoever wins this game has to go to Baltimore. The crows in Baltimore are tough. They have an overlooked defense that doesn't break and barely bends. The defense in Baltimore will be at up on the likes of old man Kelce and other chiefs players. By comparison we are a much older team and they won't be kind to the Bills offense. 

By the time the AFC gets to the Super bowl they will be playing teams that haven't been tested as much as the AFC and probably be a lot more fresh. 

What the Bills have in terms of proving themselves, against the Chiefs, at home, after the last four seasons, AFC Championship Game, 13 Seconds, etc., absolutely dwarfs the Chiefs and Toney being flagged Offside. It’s not even a blip in comparing the two.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If our lads don’t get the W at home those who have complaints about the previous results during the playoffs can put them to bed. 

Can not let them win. It’s a trip to Baltimore team who we play really well and then a SB appearance… AFC has the better conference final four

39 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

What makes you think the Bills are the dominant team? They *may* win out and grab the Lombardi trophy, but from what they have shown me this year, I'll believe it when I see it. Even in the Miami game 2 weeks ago, they certainly didn’t show domination over the Fish....thank God for that punt return TD! And last week, let's be honest, the Steelers shouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

What the Bills have in terms of proving themselves, against the Chiefs, at home, after the last four seasons, AFC Championship Game, 13 Seconds, etc., absolutely dwarfs the Chiefs and Toney being flagged Offside. It’s not even a blip in comparing the two.

Tell that to the chiefs. I'm looking at it from their seat. You know, the one at the kiddy table with their dwarf QB Kermit

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

Tell that to the chiefs. I'm looking at it from their seat. You know, the one at the kiddy table with their dwarf QB Kermit

To the Chiefs? The team that has played in more big games and won multiple Super Bowls, is going to be so incited that it matters? No way, they’ve had six games since then, it’s a blip. Buffalo is going to explode with energy tomorrow, Bills win.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

How did you walk away from the Ravens game thinking Lamar was anything less than great?  He was nearly flawless.  He didn’t put up gaudy passing numbers, but if he goes 16/22 for 2 TDs plus 100 yards and 2 more TDs rushing without turning the ball over the rest of the way, they’re winning the Super Bowl.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

I think too many Bills fans are downplaying how good Baltimore is playing right now.  I think probably because of previous playoff duds in the Lamar era but this is the best version of this era's Ravens team this season.  I'm not saying we can't beat them but for the fans that think playing them is just going to be some sort of cake walk...well they are going to be in for a rude awakening.  That's if the Bills even get by the Chiefs first. 

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Did you know this game happened a few weeks ago?  Not sure why you would think San Francisco is the class of the league with that result.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401547622

9 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

We need to first get by KC,  I just hope we don't see a repeat of last season when the Bills came out flat on offence and defence could not get off the field. 

7 hours ago, Billl said:

How did you walk away from the Ravens game thinking Lamar was anything less than great?  He was nearly flawless.  He didn’t put up gaudy passing numbers, but if he goes 16/22 for 2 TDs plus 100 yards and 2 more TDs rushing without turning the ball over the rest of the way, they’re winning the Super Bowl.

He should have been picked in the EZ just before his first rushing TD.  If that happens and if Harris doesn’t get dinged up, it’s a different game.  

They were padding Lamar’s stats in the 4th with the game out of reach.  The football gods will take notice. 

What?

8 hours ago, boyst said:

Remember the 1990s when every one of our Super Bowls we lost to a team from the best division in football?  Playing good teams strengthens a team, not weakens a team. When the Bills destroyed the Raiders in January 1991 we all though that we'd cruise vs the Giants, but we forgot the gauntlet the NFL East and the NFC was. I prefer a team that has been winning against the best vs cruising against bums. The AFC has all the class teams. 

Think of it as a QB driven league. I'll take Allen, Mahomes, or Jackson over Purdy, Goff, or Mayfield evey day and hour of the week.

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

I love it!!! Absolutely hit the nail on the head, this is the game with the most motivation for the bills since the superbowls....Josh and steff must be licking their chops and I bet the coaches have installed/saved the best plays on offense and defense for this opportunity  🙌  🦬  bills by a billion!!!!

• Agree 1

It is fair to say that Lamar and the Ravens are the class of the NFL today… well until next week. Purdybad & the 9ers have been exposed as fraud champs. The Lions could and should beat them.

However, I am 100% focussed on the dinner hour today… putting everything into a Kermit beatdown.

Next week, we can talk about next week.

• Agree 1

San Fran got roughed by AFC teams this season, should have lost to GB. 

Ratbirds looked great in the 2nd half, ordinary in the 1st half. 

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yes indeed. If they lose today (they won't), this board will be on suicide watch.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.