Best Way to Get to/from Highmark From Rochester

Irv

I go to a handful of games annually.  Lucked out and got tickets with parking in Lot 1 for Sunday's game.  I'm not sure if this belongs here of OTW.  If it gets shut down, I understand.  Is there a better way of getting to/from the stadium from Rochester than I-90 and exiting at Mile Strip or one of the other exits off I-90? Thank you.    

Been doing this for 36+ years.

I-90.  Don't exit at 219, go past and get off at Milestrip.  Then diverge based on where you park.  For example, I park at a woman's house across from ECC on Southwestern.  I turn into Home Depot Plaza, then cut behind the next plaza toward Wegmans.  Get onto McKinley, then left on Brompton and left on Southwestern.

If you're at Lot 1, you could go all the way down McKinley then cut over to Big Tree.  Depending on how early you get there, traffic will affect travel time.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Could go past milestrip to Hamburg exit and loop back camp rd to 20 to 20A. Not sure what the ultimate goal is but we always stay at Camp Rd exit and don’t run into any traffic issues but we park at ECC so easy out after the game. Not sure how bad it would be getting out of lot 1 onto big tree back to 20.

Drive, train or fly, walking would really suck…

1 hour ago, Irv said:

I go to a handful of games annually.  Lucked out and got tickets with parking in Lot 1 for Sunday's game.  I'm not sure if this belongs here of OTW.  If it gets shut down, I understand.  Is there a better way of getting to/from the stadium from Rochester than I-90 and exiting at Mile Strip or one of the other exits off I-90? Thank you.    

Sled dog team?

• Haha (+1) 1

I have had seasons for many years and come from Rochester. I take the same route every time. Thruway to Pembroke exit (rte 77). Take that to 20A all the way to lot 1. Piece of cake. Traffic usually starts backing up at 219, but still not too bad. On the way home, usually the same, but sometimes I'll switch it up and take 20A to Warsaw to 19, just for a change of scenery. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I have had seasons for many years and come from Rochester. I take the same route every time. Thruway to Pembroke exit (rte 77). Take that to 20A all the way to lot 1. Piece of cake. Traffic usually starts backing up at 219, but still not too bad. On the way home, usually the same, but sometimes I'll switch it up and take 20A to Warsaw to 19, just for a change of scenery. 

Do what this guy said... I come from north of Batavia and that's the same way I go. From the time I leave my driveway I'm at the 219 intersection in 45 minutes at the most and then usually another 15 minutes or so for that final mile.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Irv said:

Take the 90 to the Pembroke exit... head south on 77 to 20a (Big Tree road) and take a right... right to the stadium. Best back door to the stadium from the Roch without a ***** ton of traffic. Plus, it's scenic... you get to drive by my old house.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Irv said:

90 to 400 to union to

southwestern.  You’re welcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would avoid 20A at this time of year. No way I'd drive through Warsaw with any chance of snow happening.  You have to go up and down the hill into Warsaw.

Edited by Wacka

5 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

I-90.  Don't exit at 219, go past and get off at Milestrip. 

This was how I got to the Rich Stadium opener in time for kickoff in the summer of '73, didn't get stuck in that historic traffic jam.  Got to see the first ever Billsy play at the stadium: Washington ran the opening kickoff back for a TD.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

This was how I got to the Rich Stadium opener in time for kickoff in the summer of '73, didn't get stuck in that historic traffic jam.  Got to see the first ever Billsy play at the stadium: Washington ran the opening kickoff back for a TD.

Yep I was there.  I was 10 and have no idea how we got there from Kenmore.  I don't think we ever took the same route to/from the stadium back in the day.

Take the Rally Bus.  Did it for the Broncos and Jets game this year.  Bus parks a short walk (10 minutes) to the The Ralph.

Takes longer but not having to sit in bumper to bumper traffic, drive home in the dark, or worry about running over a drunk pedestrian is worth it to me.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, teef said:

i don't know if this helps, but i've always parked at kettles and have had a very easy time getting in and out.  my gps tells me what to do.

Kettle's is strategically placed for this trip for me, but never been.  If i roll in at 3:30 will i sttill have a shot at getting a spot? That's only 3 hours from kick so I know its probably gotta be tight at best

3 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Kettle's is strategically placed for this trip for me, but never been.  If i roll in at 3:30 will i sttill have a shot at getting a spot? That's only 3 hours from kick so I know its probably gotta be tight at best

You may.  There’s a decent amount of parking in the back, but I’m not sure if the snow cuts it off. It’s also not so close the stadium that it’s packed quickly, so it may work. 

• Like (+1) 1

Is the 90 traffic really that bad?!

I generally can get to Rochester from my house in the greater buffalo area in 58 minutes. Seems crazy needing to go almost an hour North/South just to get East/West 

55 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

58 minutes according to Google Map.

There are only so many ways to go from Rochester to Buffalo.

48 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I usually take the Thruway to Depew, then get on Transit there.  I always come home up Transit, saves a lot of time and frustration.

52 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Is the 90 traffic really that bad?!

I generally can get to Rochester from my house in the greater buffalo area in 58 minutes. Seems crazy needing to go almost an hour North/South just to get East/West 

90 traffic on game day can be backed up to 33 or even more.

44 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Thanks.  I'll be gunning for there, whats the usual charge?  

it was 20 or 25, but i'd guess it's more now.  shouldn't be anything too absurd.  sorry i can't give you any more specifics.  i didn't have a chance to go to a game last year or this year, so i'm not sure how much has changed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.