Zerovoltz loses bet and pays the bill

Zerovoltz

29 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I showed up here back before the Bills played KC in KC and gave an honest assesment of how that game would go.  I predicted a Bills win.  I am a troll.  

In fairness, Ice Bowl would often say the Bills were better than the Packers and he was a troll...🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The only fake is you, my man. That's the new narrative. I disagree that there's room on this board for this: what you actually did was come onto an opposing team's message board, whine about a completely legal stutter step/juke move, claiming it was something else, and called Josh Allen garbage. You've never made such a post against your own team's QB for doing the same, even worse, and avoided acknowledging it.

What you did was trolling and there is no room on this board for that from an opposing team's fan.

Sorry, I disagree with this.  Zerovoltz’s original post was a really terrible take that was guaranteed to generate a heated response here. However, we have to consider it in context…Zerovoltz has a long history of coming here and posting highly informed and respectful takes about all sorts of Bills and Chiefs-related issues.  IMO, he’s one of the best of the fans of other teams who posts here.  So, as bad as his original post was, I don’t think it was made in bad faith and it does not even come close to outweighing his positive contribution to this community.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

....I thought it was a fake slide.

I ALSO thought and continue to think, that there is room here for a fan of a rival team, to make that thread, and have that thread allowed to stand, and not ban the poster who started the thread.  I knew it would be an extreemly unpopular take, but you guys have thick skins and can handle it.  I wouldn't expect anything less than the response I got.

That doesn't change the fact I don't welch and when KC has lost to the Bills I always show up, post, offer congratulatoins and take my medicine (although this last meeting, I predicted a bills win)  

If that thread wasn't trolling then it was some truly terrible decision making.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I ALSO thought and continue to think, that there is room here for a fan of a rival team, to make that thread, and have that thread allowed to stand, and not ban the poster who started the thread.  I knew it would be an extreemly unpopular take, but you guys have thick skins and can handle it.  I wouldn't expect anything less than the response I got.

That doesn't change the fact I don't welch and when KC has lost to the Bills I always show up, post, offer congratulatoins and take my medicine (although this last meeting, I predicted a bills win)  

I think you may have got more grudging acknowledgement if you agreed Mahomes is hardly innocent in this regard - often seemingly going to step out of play before suddenly jinxing inside. Saying that, like many (all?) Bills fans, I would still argue that wasn’t a fake slide yesterday.

As mancc said, you are in general a reasonable poster - especially for a Chiefs fan!!! - an even reasonable posters can have unreasonable takes once in a while. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

This sort of thing has been asked by other Bills fans here to me.  

I don't post on Chiefs planet.  Not my kind of place.  A lot of bad Chiefs fans there.  Not representative of the fans you actually find on gameday at the stadium.  

In short...you'd probably not be welcomed warmly there.  Also...if you search my history...I have complimented this community numerous times.  This is a great board...lots of really engaged fans, that show up when times are good or bad.  I'm glad to be a small tiny part of it here.

That BS.  Any opposing fan who posts there will be hazed, but they’ll be accepted as long as they contribute in an entertaining way.  They’re a lot of things, but they don’t ban opposing fans.  

I’ve never understood people who don’t like trash talking with buddies who like other teams.  Shoving it in their fat faces when you finally win one is half the fun.

1 hour ago, Starr Almighty said:

I'll tell you one thing. I've went to the game in KC last year and that website is in fact the total opposite of what I encountered at the stadium. The people were great.

They were this year too…until the lateral was called back. They then turned into total entitled babies. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Is this a gambling site?

Shaw, I can understand why you’d ask that, going back decades before Jimmy the Greek & Bret. But seriously man, how CAN  you ask that in 2024?

ALL Pro Sport$ are totally into gambling today, due to their cut of the billion$! EVERY day in every way, gambling is associated with the Sport, even in the pre game shows up and to the second the ball is kicked, thrown or tipped or the puck is dropped! It is totally integrated into the intrinsic fabric of the sport.

Now, that may make the old time sports fans queasy, or the clued out non gamblers incredulous,  that “they are shocked that gambling is going on- Rick”, but this is reality.

And for a total sports fan, 100% Bills fan and decades long gambler like myself, party on… big & small!

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

And now you try and kill us with kindness. We're on to you. There's definitely something amiss here. 🧐

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

They were this year too…until the lateral was called back. They then turned into total entitled babies. 

I can see that. Think about it as a fan you think you just won and it gets taken away. Remember the game I went to they also lost and they didn't act like babies because it wasn't snatched away like that. I would of been angry too as a Bills fan. At least I think that's why they did it. I may be wrong.

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I showed up here back before the Bills played KC in KC and gave an honest assesment of how that game would go.  I predicted a Bills win.  I am a troll.  

Chronology of events is relevant

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes to do that you need to pretend to be a Bills fan.

Well, for real though. We gotta police ourselves. Why should we welcome outsiders to do it when we already have the insiders that do it 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Sorry, I disagree with this.  Zerovoltz’s original post was a really terrible take that was guaranteed to generate a heated response here. However, we have to consider it in context…Zerovoltz has a long history of coming here and posting highly informed and respectful takes about all sorts of Bills and Chiefs-related issues.  IMO, he’s one of the best of the fans of other teams who posts here.  So, as bad as his original post was, I don’t think it was made in bad faith and it does not even come close to outweighing his positive contribution to this community.  

It was absolutely made in bad faith. That's why he used the term "garbage" to describe Josh Allen's run and wouldn't do the same in reference to Mahomes' runs.

Edited by LeGOATski
  • Agree 4

13 hours ago, Billl said:

That BS.  Any opposing fan who posts there will be hazed, but they’ll be accepted as long as they contribute in an entertaining way.  They’re a lot of things, but they don’t ban opposing fans.  

I’ve never understood people who don’t like trash talking with buddies who like other teams.  Shoving it in their fat faces when you finally win one is half the fun.

The words I've seen there go far beyond "hazing" and "talking trash with buddies".

Saying they hope an opposing player dies of AIDS goes beyond the limits of good taste or "fun trash talk".

There are good Chiefs forums, I'm sure. And I have no problem with Chiefs fans, in general. Anyone who has ever gone to KC for a game has nothing but nice things to say about Chiefs fans in real life, and I believe them. I'm sure it's a good, passionate, kind, welcoming, lovely fan base.

But Chiefs Planet? Absolute toxic garbage people. I've given it several chances over the years, thinking that maybe the first time was an outlier. Each time, the same thing. Horrible, nasty, mean spirited, beyond-the-bounds-of-good-taste stuff, constantly.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Can someone (OP?) define what constitutes a juke vs a fake slide from a QB?

Isn't any movement that appears to show a slowdown (which is often part of a juke move) going to possibly look like a potential slide to a defender (especially at full speed)?

What's the difference, and is a QB not allowed to juke now?  I don't think Allen's intent was at all to "fake slide", I think it was to fake, period.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I believe his idiotic fake slide take was born out of frustration and sadness as he was realizing KC were now going on the road to face Allen instead at home to play a rookie. He was obviously upset and feeling scared and lonely and lashed out, seeing your season end before it actually happens must be traumatic.

• Agree 4

15 hours ago, mannc said:

So you're saying your a Chiefs fan😂

J/K

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

Can someone (OP?) define what constitutes a juke vs a fake slide from a QB?

Isn't any movement that appears to show a slowdown (which is often part of a juke move) going to possibly look like a potential slide to a defender (especially at full speed)?

What's the difference, and is a QB not allowed to juke now?  I don't think Allen's intent was at all to "fake slide", I think it was to fake, period.

I don't know if this is the right thread, but yes, that has been the jist of our response. Unless you are willing to judge anything other than a dead run as a fake slide that sounds impossible to consistently enforce. People have pointed out the Mahomes fakes going out of bounds a few times.

Of course, the easy solution is to just get rid of the slide rule or show a lot more leniency (treat it like any other hit after the whistle) but the league will never do that.

On 1/16/2024 at 7:05 PM, Billl said:

Don’t disappear after Sunday you fat f***!

😉 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 1/17/2024 at 10:41 AM, julian said:

I believe his idiotic fake slide take was born out of frustration and sadness as he was realizing KC were now going on the road to face Allen instead at home to play a rookie. He was obviously upset and feeling scared and lonely and lashed out, seeing your season end before it actually happens must be traumatic.

Yeah, well f… him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billl said:

We need a Chiefs @ Bills game trash talk thread.

I don’t pay much attention to tbd during the game.  

But if you win, it’s either because you were lucky enough to be a healthier team or because that rat Hochuli took us down like he did vs Philly.  We’re the better team this season. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:32 PM, Starr Almighty said:

I'll tell you one thing. I've went to the game in KC last year and that website is in fact the total opposite of what I encountered at the stadium. The people were great.

Yeah Chiefs fans were awesome when I went out there. Kind people, passionate about football.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.