Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

7 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I wasn't until the last injury report. Hearing the rumors from HappyDays is seemed like Dodson and Spector should be good to go, with Spector likely with a pain management issue. But Dodson is limited and Spector still hasn't practiced.

TJ should come back. He didn't seem that broken up in game, and he almost immediately was available for practice and in team drills. But you never know until the final call comes. It is (in theory) in the hands of independent neurologists. 

IF. It’s aj klein , Dorian and cam Lewis in slot. Were F’d on D. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Season 2 Ball GIF by Leroy PattersonThat's basically what it would look like^ if I were to watch that game again lol.

i don't know how some of you guys can stomach it

I’ve watched it a couple times but always turn it off with 13 seconds remaining 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If the Chiefs lose will Mahomes take the L like a professional or be a total sore loser B word again? 

Depends how they lose. If he can excuse any of the teams poor performance on any other factor it and chooses to act out it will be telling. 

• Agree 1

I've watched 13 seconds several times: Josh's 75 yard TD to Gabe plus the Bills' final two drives, but that's it. Bass lining up to kickoff at 13 seconds is the same for me as Norwood lining up in Tampa.

Reminding myself of that pain without being fully immersed in it is cathartic. I simply can't allow Josh's performance to become a kind of lost media.

6 minutes ago, Punch said:

I've watched 13 seconds several times: Josh's 75 yard TD to Gabe plus the Bills' final two drives, but that's it. Bass lining up to kickoff at 13 seconds is the same for me as Norwood lining up in Tampa.

Reminding myself of that pain without being fully immersed in it is cathartic. I simply can't allow Josh's performance to become a kind of lost media.

I turn it off at the game tying gield goal evey time

10 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Von and Coach are really smart people. Anyone think that maybe they were saving Von for this part of the playoffs and that his injury recovery was all for show? He could be a game changer when healthy. 

Yes and I'll go one step further - the whole domestic violence thing was staged as well. They convinced Miller's fiance, the 9-1-1 operator and the Dallas police to go along with the ruse. All for this game.

Expect five or more sacks from Miller on Sunday night.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

10 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Von and Coach are really smart people. Anyone think that maybe they were saving Von for this part of the playoffs and that his injury recovery was all for show? He could be a game changer when healthy. 

a lot of ridiculous things said in this forum. Same guy thinks the moon landing was fake.

37 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Whats the Chiefs injury report look like? I've seen the report but don't pay enough attention to know who's actually at risk of not playing and if it's significant 

To my knowledge they aren't going to be missing any significant starters.

Almost remarkable how many breaks this franchise gets since the Mahomes era lol

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’ve watched it a couple times but always turn it off with 13 seconds remaining 

Exactly what I do. Great game up until that point. 

11 hours ago, Blank Stare said:

I get the excitement of the home game and all, but really wish Dion could show some restraint here. Like it or not, they are the defending champs. Don’t poke the bear unless you’re damn ready to back it up. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39338809/bills-eager-play-playoff-home-game-vs-chiefs

Was only a matter of time, but PFT couldn’t wait to pick it up too. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dion-dawkins-patrick-mahomes-has-never-been-here-with-fans-so-good-luck

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Dion still talking about wings 

I’m guilty of making a bigger deal about stuff like this. ***** talk is part of the sport (which I love if it’s not my fav team), but you just know that’s all we hear after the game if the Chiefs come out on top “Good Luck”. 

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

If the Bills lose, you fire McDermott, period.  No more excuses.  You have the game at home ... as you had Cincinnati at home last year ... don't care about division titles, playoff appearances, Wild Card round victories ... if the Bills lose again at home in the playoffs, you have to change the regime, it will have been proven without doubt that McDermott simply cannot get the Bills over the hump.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 5

5 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

I’m guilty of making a bigger deal about stuff like this. ***** talk is part of the sport (which I love if it’s not my fav team), but you just know that’s all we hear after the game if the Chiefs come out on top “Good Luck”. 

Liam Neeson Good Luck GIF

and we will deserve to hear it all. Put up or shut up for our boys. We WILL win...31-20

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

If the Bills lose, you fire McDermott, period.  No more excuses.  You have the game at home ... as you had Cincinnati at home last year ... don't care about division titles, playoff appearances, Wild Card round victories ... if the Bills lose again at home in the playoffs, you have to change the regime, it will have been proven without doubt that McDermott simply cannot get the Bills over the hump.

McDermott isn't getting fired unless we lose like 56-0 and wears a turbin in the press conference.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 9

A few of the Bills have gone out there to implore the crowd to be as crazy and loud as possible.  They've made reference to how tough it was during previous playoff games in Arrowhead to hear the snap counts and audibles.  So I think they're trying to get the fans riled up.  The home noise is obviously a really big deal. I haven't heard any slander towards the Chiefs.  Mostly, that they are the champs until someone beats them....blah blah blah

9 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

That's what Michael Irvin said this morning.  He picked the Bills in a close game, but he said it's Armageddon in Buffalo....and if the Bills can't beat this version of Kansas City, they need to tear it all down and try something else.

Edited by zow2
  • Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Because you say stuff does not make it true. That’s not how the internet works, despite what some people think. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Who do you replace him with?

1 hour ago, stlbills13 said:

Whats the Chiefs injury report look like? I've seen the report but don't pay enough attention to know who's actually at risk of not playing and if it's significant 

Good question.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/injury-report/

The two most significant injuries on that report are Derrick Nnadi with a tricep injury (he's their starting NT) and L'Jarius Sneed, one of their starting corners, with a calf.

We had someone in here saying Nnadi was a "mediocre player" who "might help against the run" which I think is someone who doesn't understand the difference between a NT/1TDT and a penetrating/3TDT.  Like the Bills, the Chiefs rotate DLmen, but Nnadi has their 2nd highest snap count for a DT on their roster with 45% of the snaps (2nd to Chris Jones with 68%) so they'll miss him if he can't go.  He's been DNP in 2 practices.

Sneed has played 91% of the CB snaps this season and IMHO is one of the key factors that have made the KC defense formidable.  He's been "LP" with a calf which can mean anything.  If he plays but his hampered, that would help our WR. 

A sneaky factor might be Wanya Morris.  He's their backup LT and was playing for Donovan Smith.  Smith was on IR for 5 weeks but returned to play 100% of the snaps against the Dolphins.  He's still listed on injury report with a "Neck" but FP.  Morris had a concussion during the Chargers game and was ruled "out" against Miami.  Morris went from "FP" Wed to "LP" Thurs, not a good sign especially when a guy is in concussion protocol.  So if he can't go, and Smith were to be injured again, the Chiefs could be thin at LT. 

Unfortunately, they look pretty freakin' healthy.  They have some notable starters on their injury report - LB Nick Bolton, DE Charles Omenihu, WR Rashee Rice - but they're all full participants and likely to play.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

A few of the Bills have gone out there to implore the crowd to be as crazy and loud as possible.  They've made reference to how tough it was during previous playoff games in Arrowhead to hear the snap counts and audibles.  So I think they're trying to get the fans riled up.  The home noise is obviously a really big deal. I haven't heard any slander towards the Chiefs.  Mostly, that they are the champs until someone beats them....blah blah blah

That's what Michael Irvin said this morning.  He picked the Bills in a close game, but he said it's Armageddon in Buffalo....and if the Bills can't beat this version of Kansas City, they need to tear it all down and try something else.

Irvin is a nit wit so I would not put too much stock in his opinions, whatever they might be.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Irvin, pardon my saying so, is either an idiot, doesn't pay attention to the Bills enough to look at the depth and injury chart, or is posturing for clicks. 

The Bills have been playing without 2 all-pro defenders (Matt Milano and Tre White who yes, had come back to form when he went down) as well as NT DaQuan Jones ("the straw that stirs the DL's drink").  OK, they filled in for Matt Milano by splitting his role between Tyrel Dodson and Jordon Poyer, and filled in for Tre White by trading for Rasul Douglas.  They got reinforcements in the form of Linval Joseph, and now they have Jones back.  And Terrell Bernard at MLB has been a revelation.

Now Douglas is gonna be playing hurt (assuming he plays); our other starting corner Benford is injured and not practicing (and if you want to know how key he is, listen to Micah Hyde talking to him pre-game on "mic'd up"); our rising star MLB Bernard is injured and not practicing; Rapp, the S that backfilled for Poyer and allowed the Bills bring Poyer up as a sort of "pseudo Milano" is injured and not practicing; Dodson is gonna be playing hurt (assuming that he plays).  Dodson's primary backup is also injured and not practicing.

As of right now, it's looking like our starting MLB is gonna be a 32 1/2 yr old vet who was sitting on the sofa 10 days ago and our starting OLB is gonna be a rookie with all the promise in the world and the propensity to be in the wrong place doing the wrong thing right now, platooning with Jordan Poyer, which will leave Cam Lewis or Damar Hamlin paired with Hyde at S.  CB will be an injured Douglas paired

I don't want to be a "woe is me" type, but if we can't beat this version of Kansas City, it is very likely to be because when you're starting 2nd and 3rd string defenders against Pat Mahomes, who can crunch up talented 2nd and 3rd string LBs and DBs and pick his teeth with them.

There is going to have to be some rebuilding this off season just due to contracts ending, but "Tear it all down and try something else" may be foolish in that situation.

• Agree 4

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Currently we have an in-depth Rocky movie discussion. 

the people that call this station are very interesting.

The guy a few minutes ago really needed to blow his nose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.