What's your confidence level going into the game today?

Virgil

10 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Watching the Cowboys get man handled by a lesser GB team makes me a wee bit nervous. Bills should win but I think it’ll be close. 

How can one say GB is lesser.  QBs pretty even.  RB edge to GB. 

Both Ds are meh.  

Came down to QB and HC and GBs younger tandem won

I try to keep an even keel in life in general, and definitely when it comes to the Bills. My four years of HS were the four SB losses. Being around a bunch of teenagers during that time helps you to put sports in perspective. Never get too high. Never get too low. Now if we win the Bowl, I'll probably be as hype as I've ever been from age 12 until now. Today though, nervous excitement. Really hoping today isn't the last game until August. Go Bills!!!

In the playoffs, you either see teams kick it into a higher gear... or their weakest points are exploited and become their downfall.

You saw it this weekend.  The Chiefs have struggled badly in the passing game, but were able to make the big plays Saturday night when it counted.  Meanwhile the Cowboys were destroyed by their inability to stop the running game.

The big weakness for this Bills team is sloppy play.  It's been this way for the last 3-4 years.  They beat themselves with turnovers, drops and penalties.  The defense is best when playing with a lead.  So when they start slow on offense, games that shouldn't be close end up coming down to the very end.  

If the Bills play focused and clean, I could see this postseason being like 2022 (hopefully without the 13 seconds).  We struggled during the regular season during that year too, but really turned up during the playoffs.  My fear is that we get a repeat of 2023, almost giving the Wild Card game away to the Dolphins and then getting blasted in the Division Round.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

All true, but when the kickoff happens the players know what is at stake.  Guys have been playing football their whole lives.

They know what is at stake and what has to be done.

I feel pretty good.  The fans that are there will be pumped.

This is where having a room full of veterans that have been through the wringer might really show its value. 🤞

• Agree 1

I’m feeling a 10, we got this!

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Feeling better the closer we get.  I know the Bills still have a sick feeling over their last playoff game vs Cincinnati in the snow.  They are so ready to make that right. Also, the 7 seed won yesterday.  It feels like it would be so against the logical rationale of football to have the other 7 seed pull the upset.  But the Bills still have to play with the intensity light years more than what we saw last January.

We have one more win then the Steelers this year.  They are a tough physical team.  And so are we.  Playoff games should never be easy.  Look at the Bills-Colts game from 3 years ago.  Came down to the end.  If Josh plays well we should win.  But we have only beaten the Chiefs, Chargers, Pats and Dolphins by 3, 2, 6 and 7 pts.  And all 4 games were in doubt in the 4th quarter.  Only the Cowboys' game was a blowout.  But we are battle tested.  So we should prevail.  

37 minutes ago, muppy said:

I have a strange sense of calm today that I really can't explain logically. I really hope it is an omen

GO BILLS

Are you just having a puff induced zen moment??? 

I’m never calm before a game. I often cook something to burn nervous energy, but rarely have an appetite to enjoy it. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m seeing better numbers now.  Projected at 10-15mph.  That does make me feel better about the game, but also realize that can change 

I checked OP weather, and it looks like the winds will die a little by each hour. I think towards the end of the game they should be at about 10mph. Way better yesterday.

27 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

High...like an 8.

Was just out snowblowing and there is almost no wind at all, at least where I am in Depew/Lancaster area.

It's cold, like 11 degrees but no real wind. Will be similar to the Patriot game just a few degrees warmer.

Just got done snow blowing in Lake View. No significant wind here either. Not like yesterday and Saturday night when I had to wear my ski goggles to snowblow.

2 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

This is the most winnable game they could have in the playoffs other than probably Miami. If Buffalo can’t win this game handily then they have no business being the 2 seed. 

Yeah, we can't use the weather as an excuse either. It's not "perfect" out, but it's light wind and snow(where I am at least). So, if we lose, we were either outcoached or outplayed or who knows? I am already so tired from this game, and it hasn't even happened yet 😑

33 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Bills fans are insane.  They'll be there.  At least one will be shirtless. 😆

topless men in Bills swag. Gotta love us . Of course we do or we wouldn't be here in tailgating mode  almost 5 hours pregame. arriba arriba

:-))))

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Were they really lesser?

Love has been the best QB in football since week 10 or 12 I think throwing 18 TDs and only 1 INT during that time.

We have seen over and over again it's about being hot at the right time...Dallas was fading mostly, GB was coming on.

Good point. I still think the Cowboys had the superior roster. 

2 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Good point. I still think the Cowboys had the superior roster. 

Maybe but when the pressure is on you can either rise to it or fold with it. They had all the pressure on them at home, GB had no pressure at all, they weren't even supposed to be there. 

They came out loose and free and the Cowboys came out tight and afraid of making a mistake. When GB scored to put them down 7-0, you could see them tighten up even more.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I'd say I'm at a 6.5.  

You didn't specify a scale so I hope that's not on a scale of 1-100 

My confidence level at this point is 6.667 out of 10. If the game was yesterday, it would have been sub-5.0

I really think this, of all games, will be decided by ball security. We cannot turnover the ball esp in our side of the field

Just now, Big Turk said:

Maybe but when the pressure is on you can either rise to it or fold with it. They had all the pressure on them at home, GB had no pressure at all, they weren't even supposed to be there. 

They came out loose and free and the Cowboys came out tight and afraid of making a mistake. When GB scored to put them down 7-0, you could see them tighten up even more.

Just curious did you think the Packers would win? I thought the Cowboys would take them down. 

I'm pretty much 50/50. It largely depends on which Bills team shows up for the game. If they bring their A-game, then I don't think anyone can beat them. That's the team I want to see for the next four weeks. Hopefully, the only upset on wildcard weekend is the one we saw yesterday afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Confidence in our players against their players: 8

Confidence in our coaches vs their coaches: 3

I'll go an overall 5, but I'm charged up to see a blowout.

covering all bases and contingencies I see lol Copy and I get it 🙂 Smart. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I have zero concerns/nerves about the Steelers. If this game was in a dome I’d be at a 10. 

My only concerns are with the bills inconsistency and propensity to let inferior teams hang around. I am not confident, I’d say a 6.

I'm seeing winds at 10-15 mph in the forecasts I'm checking.  Is anyone seeing worse than that?

That's not bad at all.  If that forecast holds, I'm a 9 out of 10.  With Watt out, if we can pass, I can't see us losing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Draconator said:

I'm at a 7.5 to a 9. Not nervous at all. 

And currently, at my house in Orchard Park, there is like zero wind. Bright sunny skies. 

how certain are you that the stadium will be at near capacity for the game today. Can BFLO snow plow logistics pull this off? What do you think?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.