Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

A previous soccer manager at the club I support fought long and hard against under soil heating at the stadium. His argument was there's no point having the pitch playable if the officials/coaches/fans can't get there to watch due to impassable roads etc.

It's the same argument with the dome. Fine, so the game could be played. But if no one can get to the stadium, then the dome doesn't make a difference.

Agree, unless the dome is being built over half of WNY it wouldn't matter

1 minute ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

I watch some nyc stations ion youtube, they were freaking out last week when then were expecting 2 to 3 inches of snow.

Lake Effect is a different animal. I call it "Angry Snow" because at times it's snowing so hard the snow falling creates updrafts that cause flakes next to it to "fall" upwards.

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

Put another way, if Houston wins we’re all gonna be Dolphins fans tonight and next week.  If Cleveland wins, we’ll just start getting ready for the Chiefs next week. 

I’m really not sure I can root for the Dolphins two weeks in a row.  So, go Browns. 

I don’t really care who we get. No one in the AFC is unbeatable. If we are at our best we can beat anyone - and we basically have already. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Do JJ and the other smart guys realize that this is done for safety reasons?? Not only for the players, but for the fans as well. 🤷

For what it's worth, seems Watt is at least somewhat willing to acknowledge that.

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

Think they are missing the safety component for fans and workers. The new stadium is not below the ground and has some fan cover. Likely this will mitigate the insane swirls that exist at the Ralph/Highmark. It’s about the potential disaster of 70,000 traveling in this. Watt and Steeler fans were and are hoping for the worst possible conditions knowing that helps them. 

No he's either an idiot, or purposefully ignoring it.

Well even if he is ignoring it definitely wouldn't out option C. Both.

Edited by Warcodered

3 hours ago, stevewin said:

I'm an enginner and I have it off - as do most other tech companies.  And employess at most white collar companies have flexible options for vacation/personal days

Good for you.  I have to work.  Should we start a tally?  The fact of the matter is, more people will have to work on Monday than Sunday.

7 minutes ago, 1997WS6 said:

Good for you.  I have to work.  Should we start a tally?  The fact of the matter is, more people will have to work on Monday than Sunday.

I was responding to someone saying only government workers and 'bankers' have off for the national holiday - simply not true

Edited by stevewin

39 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's so funny to see people who probably have never seen something like this in their life commenting on it. They are clueless 

For 90% of the commenters complaining, this would be the worst winter weather they have ever been a part of. This would have shut down where they are at for a week. It's only keeping us down for a day.

Expected snow totals just got updated to near 30" for Buffalo.

Is there a link for that snow total??

1 minute ago, 1997WS6 said:

I also agree that most people have to work on MLK Day. Only reason I don't is that I am currently working a construction project on a US Navy base, and they told us to shut down for the federal holiday. My wife has to go work though at her accounting job.

1 hour ago, freddyjj said:

Lots of FA QBs and they could afford to sign one as little $$ invested  in QBs now.  Cousins would fit there 

Yeah, maybe.  All I'm saying is that Rudolph is 8-4 with the Steelers, this is the first time he's got a decent team to work with.  If his passing continues on anywhere near where it is now, they'd be nuts to not try him in the role next season.  

Hochul mentioned talking to emergency response teams.  And I don't doubt that public safety was a legitimate concern.

But Kathy is a Bills fan.  She knows the Bills game needs to be in Buffalo.  And that bad weather can be an equalizer.  And that a stadium full of screaming mafia is an advantage.  And that all her friends and family wanted her to do right by the Bills.

I don't think for a minute that public safety was her only consideration.  

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I believe there is an NFL rule that mandates 6 days rest for teams between playoff games

They seem to count the day you play to the next day you play so that's 5 days not playing. It's worse because the Chiefs already were given a day from the start, but it is what it is. Bills have to roll with whatever they get and do what they have to do.

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, maybe.  All I'm saying is that Rudolph is 8-4 with the Steelers, this is the first time he's got a decent team to work with.  If his passing continues on anywhere near where it is now, they'd be nuts to not try him in the role next season.  

Hope they make that bet cuz imho it’s the wrong one and will hurt them short term and long term.   

• Like (+1) 1

I've really been giddy since this announcement.

It's a whiteout tomorrow.  I kept rationalizing that we're still the better team - but it would have been a weird game, where something flukey could have won it.

Feels like we're back to having a big advantage.  And this is such a good playoffs for us to go on a run.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Why does this ***** seem to only happen to Buffalo?

Other NFL cities have bad weather too and their games never get moved. 

There’s bad weather , then there’s dangerous weather. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I really don’t want to play Tuesday.

It would mean an 8 day rest for KC and only 5 for us. Not ideal.

14 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I believe there is an NFL rule that mandates 6 days rest for teams between playoff games

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They seem to count the day you play to the next day you play so that's 5 days not playing. It's worse because the Chiefs already were given a day from the start, but it is what it is. Bills have to roll with whatever they get and do what they have to do.

13 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Hochul mentioned talking to emergency response teams.  And I don't doubt that public safety was a legitimate concern.

But Kathy is a Bills fan.  She knows the Bills game needs to be in Buffalo.  And that bad weather can be an equalizer.  And that a stadium full of screaming mafia is an advantage.  And that all her friends and family wanted her to do right by the Bills.

I don't think for a minute that public safety was her only consideration.  

Well I am thinking for a minute it was her first concern. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Shortchaz said:

Talks are beginning on retrofitting a roof on a yet to be built stadium 

happy jim carrey GIF

the first new Bills stadium renderings are out! 😂

Edited by 0017

I saw the Steelers also changed their travel plans to fly in tomorrow at 3 pm instead of 3 today. Seems like that could be problematic if it’s not going to let up until Monday. Seems like they should have stuck to their plan and been here ahead of the storm. Think of the outrage if they end up pushing it back till Tuesday because of that decision. 

• Agree 2

Just now, rusty shackleford said:

I saw the Steelers also changed their travel plans to fly in tomorrow at 3 pm instead of 3 today. Seems like that could be problematic if it’s not going to let up until Monday. Seems like they should have stuck to their plan and been here ahead of the storm. Think of the outrage if they end up pushing it back till Tuesday because of that decision. 

Guess they forfeit if they can’t make it 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Agree 2

Just now, rusty shackleford said:

Steelers logic, hey we're not playing next week. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

Don't you just hate how the governor has to be involved, and all the lawyers about law suits if someone gets injured driving or slipping on ice. Soon all games will be played only if temp is 55 to 70, (heat stroke issues uou know). 

I was not going to the game, but have been at many when the opposite sideline was not always visible. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.