Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think that’s fair though.  We were under the assumption that we’d have to play the Steelers in a game where all of our advantages were taken away due to weather.. weather so extreme that it isn’t even football anymore. 

However, we were offered the opportunity to play today in ideal conditions.  We lobbied to play tomorrow in wind/cold, but nothing that should truly affect us. 

The league gave us the ok to change the playoff schedule.. not just this week, but basically ensuring we must play KC, if we win, on Sunday (which they’d probably do anyway) but this now affects, potentially, two weeks of their scheduling.  

No excuses.  

I’m not scared of any of these teams.

Move the game, don’t move the game, it doesn’t matter.

If we lose, we lose. But I’m not bowing down to anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Also, I might be wrong but the NFLPA has strict guidelines on organized meetings/practices. KC won’t be able to meet and start practicing till most likely Tuesday. Yes, the physical rest is different for KC, and the Bills also get to know they stay home all week and use their facilities right up till kickoff. 

Also, we're getting 2 more days rest before we play Pittsburgh than KC had before playing Miami.  I'm not sure it evens out for a game next weekend, but our guys are getting a break, they're just getting it now instead of before KC..... if we actually beat Pittsburgh...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The conference in general is so weak this year…. Baltimore is the biggest threat but they aren’t a daunting task like the Chiefs were in 2020/2021…. It’s such an opportunity for the Bills and McD….. if they can’t at least get to AFCC I don’t know how anyone can have confidence in this regime/group going into next season and beyond. 

We're way ahead of ourselves. But Houston just made the Browns defense look terrible. They have several WR to cover and a RB that would love to come here and let us know we made a mistake.

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Agreed.  SF is really the only team that I would say strikes fear in me. That team is built for a title - strong lines on both sides, great running game & WR's, well coached.  It's the one team I feel like we'd need some breaks against.

The Ravens are formidable, but I see that as more of an even match-up.

Every other team is pretty flawed and beatable.

Big thing is try to get these players healthy in order:

1. Douglas

2. Dodson

3. Rapp

4. Gabe 

They were 95% of their opening day roster going into Miami. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think the Ravens pound the Texans. Two score game IMO.

Yea.. I’d love for the Texans to take out Baltimore, but they give me the vibes of a team that caught fire, at home, against a beat up Browns squad that was due for regression. 

The caveat being the time off the Ravens have had.   If Houston can get up early, I do wonder if Lamar could press given his lack of playoff success. … but I’m not betting on it. 

Edited by SCBills

So the Steelers are flying in Monday at 3pm. FYI that came from Kathy's press conference.  

Does she not realize the game starts at 430pm and you have to get the gear off the plane.  Plus at least walk the field and figure out what cheats to where.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, scuba guy said:

So the Steelers are flying in Monday at 3pm. FYI that came from Kathy's press conference.  

Does she not realize the game starts at 430pm and you have to get the gear off the plane.  Plus at least walk the field and figure out what cheats to where.

I thought they were flying in at 3 today 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Success said:

Agreed.  SF is really the only team that I would say strikes fear in me. That team is built for a title - strong lines on both sides, great running game & WR's, well coached.  It's the one team I feel like we'd need some breaks against.

One thing to remember is that Miami and San Francisco run very similar offensive systems.  They rely quite a bit on pre-snap motion, misdirection and eye candy.  Less about the talent at the QB position, and more about scheming the weapons open.  And that's not something that usually fools the McDermott/Buffalo defense.  If anything, we struggle with elite QBs who are patient and know how to gradually pick down the field with underneath throws (this is why Joe Burrow seems to be our kryptonite).

The Ravens are formidable, but I see that as more of an even match-up.

We've had Lamar Jackson's number in the past.  

Every other team is pretty flawed and beatable.

The biggest threat is still Kansas City (sad to say).  Never count out an elite QB.

There will be A LOT of talk about Patrick Mahomes never playing on the road in the playoffs, and that will be plenty of motivation for them to bring it.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

going to have to wait and see if less rest=less prepared, less energy? it would seem to me they would be pumped for another home (especially knowing it would be the chiefs) playoff game and play at a high level knowing a win, is the afcc game? no one wants to see another like that of last year where the energy level was below low against burrow and the bengals? 

exciting times, for sure.

Why the hell did the #2 seed get put in a position to have 1 day less rest from the start anyway?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Why the hell did the #2 seed get put in a position to have 1 day less rest from the start anyway?

meh, it would have been pretty negligible IMO (assuming they were going put us as a Sunday Div. Round game and not a Saturday).

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t want to hear a word about excuses?

AFC CG, we weren’t ready for that yet

13 seconds was self inflicted 

Damar Hamlin, weather, injuries etc

I have no appetite for weather or rest disadvantage.. figure it out.  It seems we were given the option of playing today, indoors.. it seems we said “no thanks”.   We are clearly aware of what that means by playing another day later.   

It’s always something it seems, and it’s exhausting as a fan.. and surely for the team.. but at some point you need to simply overcome it.   And hopefully that point is this year. 

Agreed. IF they beat Pittsburgh,  that would mean home game on Monday late afternoon and home game the following Sunday.  That’s plenty of rest and no travel especially when you factor in the playoff adrenaline. 

The rest aspect will be a media narrative all week if we are fortunate to be winners tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The Bills playoff position wasn’t determined until the leagues final regular season game ended. The potential matchups / times were shown at halftime. Iirc , the Chiefs were playing on Saturday regardless (I believe NBC wanted Mahomes for their Peacock exclusive game ) and there was a scenario where the Bills were involved in that game. The Bills as the 2 seed were going to play Sunday after a Sunday nite game the previous week. That sounds about right. It was one more day rest vs the 3 seed with a Saturday game. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

I'm more worried if this game gets moved to Tuesday. The rest could be 4 days. I think this time of year. Everyone is tired and banged up. Playing at home vs familiar opponent helps. 

Rules are a minimum of 6 days.  The Bills would play the Divisional Round on Monday.

8 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

I'm more worried if this game gets moved to Tuesday. The rest could be 4 days. I think this time of year. Everyone is tired and banged up. Playing at home vs familiar opponent helps. 

I'd assume, if the game is pushed back to Tuesday, then the Divisional Round will be pushed back in turn to the following Monday. Then the Championship game might be a Monday night game too.

But, weather wise, Tuesday evening looks little different to Monday afternoon.

Edited by UKBillFan

14 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

I'd have to think that game gets moved to Monday if that is the case.

I haven’t read the whole thread, is there some substantiated report that the game would be moved to Tuesday?  Seems like a lot of posts about that.  I thought Monday was calling for 1-3 inches and only 10-20 winds decreasing the closer we get to evening… which seems like a normal wintry day in WNY not whiteout blizzard conditions.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I haven’t read the whole thread, is there some substantiated report that the game would be moved to Tuesday?  Seems like a lot of posts about that.  I thought Monday was calling for 1-3 inches and only 10-20 winds decreasing the closer we get to evening… which seems like a normal wintry day in WNY not whiteout blizzard conditions.

Monday and Tuesday's conditions seem to be similar so I don't get the idea behind pushing it back another day.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's not game time weather that is at issue. It's getting the previous day's mess cleaned up in time for travelers to the game, including the Steelers team.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Monday and Tuesday's conditions seem to be similar so I don't get the idea behind pushing it back another day.

Think the only way it's moved to Tuesday is if the stadium isn't cleared in time and/or Steelers can't get to game.  The latter seems unlikely but who knows re the former!

• Thank you (+1) 1

With playoff games getting later and later, Buffalo refusing to build a dome, and the Panthers stinking for the foreseeable future, I propose the Bills reach a deal to play their playoff games in Charlotte for the next 10 years.

• Dislike 1

Curious - does anyone know about who clears the lots?  Do the Bills pay private contractors and is the amount of equipment they have limited?  Would they potentially be working overnight as well as tomorrow

4 minutes ago, vincec said:

With playoff games getting later and later, Buffalo refusing to build a dome, and the Panthers stinking for the foreseeable future, I propose the Bills reach a deal to play their playoff games in Charlotte for the next 10 years.

The game being moved had zero to fo with the stadium or field...it's about travel to and from the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Not sure.  Sounds like the snow is supposed to taper off later.  They could also just drive up. Only 3 hours

I'm tellin' ya, this talk of flying to Rochester etc., it would take far less time to simply drive from Pittsburgh to Buffalo.  

In the meantime, the Steelers actually have an advantage since their players can get to their practice facility, so I don't want to hear any crying from them when they're discussing why they lost.  

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Think the only way it's moved to Tuesday is if the stadium isn't cleared in time and/or Steelers can't get to game.  The latter seems unlikely but who knows re the former!

Right, if they can get the stadium clear enough and the Steelers, NFL staff, etc can make it in, the game will be held.  Not every foot of roadway and parking lot will be cleared. Parts of the Thruway and 219 may still be a mess… likely a few thousand fans will be eating their digital tickets. I think the show will have to go on, unfortunately for the fans that won’t be able to make it.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I've heard opposing fans bring up D-Day a few times over the past day.  

I mean....really?  Comparing a football game to one of the most impactful military events in world history?

That said - the tweet above is hilarious, and I didn't realize that about D-Day.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Ratings. 

It's kind of funny.  It's like some fans think the NFL is doing things based on what makes sense, or what is kind, or reasonable, or fair.

The answer to any question about why the NFL did something is always going to be the same from now until Doomsday.....MONEY.

Money=ratings=viewership=etc.

Why in the world do you think we still have 3 pre-season football games, more teams in the playoffs, and 17 games?

That's right.  Money.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.