Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

6 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Did McDermott explain, or was he even asked, why Spector entered the game over Dorian Williams? If Dodson is a no go, would they again have Spector up as next man, or would a week off of prep allow for Williams to possibly slide into that role?

WGR said Spector is better at stopping the run,, and Williams is better at defending the pass.  The Bills were prioritizing stopping the run, hence Spector.  Spector was another, next man in, that had a great game!

• Agree 1

I always want home field advantage, but why does our weather always do this to us for a game? It's been so mild so far, so of course it might be a slopfest for the game. I don't normally like resorting to this, but we might need to run Josh all game. Hopefully Cook and Lenny can get something going. Ugh.

57 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I always want home field advantage, but why does our weather always do this to us for a game? It's been so mild so far, so of course it might be a slopfest for the game. I don't normally like resorting to this, but we might need to run Josh all game. Hopefully Cook and Lenny can get something going. Ugh.

I may be wrong, but wasn't the weather similar (to what is forecasted) for the Wild Card Patriots game 2 years ago?

Bills won 47-17 and Allen went 21-of-25 for 308 passing yards and five touchdown passes.

Edited by NI Bills Fan

13 minutes ago, NI Bills Fan said:

I may be wrong, but wasn't the weather similar (to what is forecasted) for the Wild Card Patriots game 2 years ago?

Bills won 47-17 and Allen went 21-of-25 for 308 passing yards and five touchdown passes.

That game was very cold, dry, little wind. 

This game will be somewhat cold, high wind, maybe some precipitation, per forecasts. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, chongli said:

They do have a point with the last one, but it's harder than it sounds. A big reason why those numbers are there are because our pass D is so good. YPC is high but yards allowed is middle of the pack.

Yeah, you can run on the Bills. But are you prepared to settle for field goals and that one tackle for loss can soon your drive? 

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

They do have a point with the last one, but it's harder than it sounds. A big reason why those numbers are there are because our pass D is so good.PC is high but yards allowed is middle of the pack.

Yeah, you can run on the Bills. But are you prepared to settle for field goals and that one tackle for loss can soon your drive? 

I bet Joseph is activated again for this game. Sit Von. He isn't good against the run and makes little difference in the pass rush these days.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I bet Joseph is activated again for this game. Sit Von. He isn't good against the run and makes little difference in the pass rush these days.

Honestly yes. I am not as critical of Von's play as some others (and the numbers make it highly likely he gets a full offseason to rehab to play for his contract) but yes, I firmly believe that the Bills are going to focus on shutting down the run. The highest yard total the Steelers had this year was 290 against the Bengals a few weeks ago. I believe in the ability to get coverage sacks. If we make the Steelers have to put their faith is Mason Rudolph chucking it, I feel good about our chances.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Pittsburgh has a couple solid WRs so if they have trouble passing in the wind that helps us.  It's not like the Steelers totally rely on running.

This is one of those playoff games the Bills just need to win and dominate in boring fashion (i.e. Dallas game).  This won't be a day for style points.  If they can get through Pittsburgh, the Bills could roll.  

I know as fans we expended so much mental energy thinking about making the playoffs, i can't imagine how the players feel.  It would be easy to come into this game, and not be as emotionally fired up as they were in Miami.  They have to think about the lessons from Cincinnati last January....and I see McD is even bringing up the preseason game vs Pittsburgh.  McD knows he needs to get these guys actually fired up and prepared to play at the level of intensity the Steelers will bring.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I really believe that from here until the rest of the season, we will see the 2nd half of the Dolphins game performance from Josh Allen. SteAllen has found his GROOVE😎

No doubt that tens of millions of Bills fans all over the world are hoping and praying for this, because if it comes to fruition, a SB Victory is very probable. When he is "hot", the Bills offense is virtually unstoppable.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Pointless as we likely will have a localized weather event involved that they have no means or experience to even forecast.

Outside of NOAA/NWS Buffalo or Donn Paul, I wouldn't trust any of those other places for weather in these situations.

Heavy lake snow is likely for Saturday/Sunday and possibly into Monday. Probably measured in feet not inches.

I have to drive.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Sloppy and bad weather is a bonus for the worse team. Keeps score down, closer and mistakes happen. Josh has shown an ability to throw a little bit and better than others in it. It’s funny because this board hates that our weather might have impact. 

19 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Felt like everyone could finally take a deep breath and exhale after last nights W and what it meant. Now the Bills need to Carpe Diem and get it done.

Steelers will bring physicality to the game. Gotta match their physicality. Bills need to get out of the gates early and force Pitt out of their game plan. Gotta shut down their running game and get pressure on Mason.

Offensively, Bills need to take advantage of Pitts weaknesses at LB and secondary.  Run their offense and don’t give Pitt any points off of turnovers. Kick the ball in the end zone to eliminate any ST gaffes. Brady needs to do better at having a counter punch ready for the blitz. 

The table is set, now the Bills need to take care of business and get it done.

BillsMafia will be loud and out in full force.

LETS GO BUFFALO 🦬 

it’ll be Naji Harris up the middle.  The dude is a beast.  He’s hard enough to tackle without adding cold, wind and maybe snow to it.  The Bills probably wouldn’t do it, but I’d consider playing 3 LBs.

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

Sloppy and bad weather is a bonus for the worse team. Keeps score down, closer and mistakes happen. Josh has shown an ability to throw a little bit and better than others in it. It’s funny because this board hates that our weather might have impact. 

We don't like domes, right?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It really kind of did lol we were passing the ball into the wind without much issue late in that one to the point where I think even belichick was pretty shocked.  Not sure why we didn’t attempt it sooner. 

Remember that dime that Josh threw to Diggs that would have been a TD? Such an amazing throw that’s fallen through the cracks. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

it’ll be Naji Harris up the middle.  The dude is a beast.  He’s hard enough to tackle without adding cold, wind and maybe snow to it.  The Bills probably wouldn’t do it, but I’d consider playing 3 LBs.

Very happy that Jones is back. We are a different defense with him in there.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm going to drive halfway and stop in Utica Saturday. But then how do I get home?

Drive very slowly and hope the Thruway doesn't get shut down. 

The good news is with Lake Effect Bands you don't have to drive very far normally to go from heavy snow to no snow, so it might be a rough drive for like an hour or so but once you get out of the 10-15 mile band conditions improve rapidly.

Can't remember where but I saw a picture of a street where one side of the street was on the edge of a heavy lake band and the other side was just outside it. The one side of the street had like a foot and a half of snow and the other side had like an inch. It was one of the craziest pictures I have ever seen...looked like it was photoshopped but it was real.

Edited by Big Turk

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Pitt will utilize their QB as a game manager. He will only be asked to make a few big plays and avoid the big turnovers. Rudolph has sonewhat shown he's capable of doing that. Whether he does who knows. 

Pitt will try to win playing tough defense, getting turnovers, and pounding the rock. They have a nice one two RB duo. 

Pitt is playing with "house money." They have nothing to lose. Their path to victory is pretty slim IMHO. 

One last note is nasty weather could really help out the Steelers since they don't have a very good offense. 

If bad weather favors the running game, then the Steelers aren't in great shape.  Rudolph's 1 TD per game won't help. He's going to get lit up.

• Like (+1) 2

Predominant winds right now favor locations south of orchard park for Sunday. Winds don’t really change to wsw/sw until Monday/Tuesday timeframe. I still think weather affects the game with high winds, snow showers, and temps in low 20s 

Edited by Awwufelloff

The weather is gonna suck.  But looking at the next 7 days, if you had to pick a day to have the game it looks like Sunday is the best one.  

Will be cold but not single digits.  Based on predicted precip and winds, Sunday at 1pm looks like the best bet for a game.  Everything leading up to the game is terrible or very high winds...and Sunday night it's forecasted to be bad again for a few days.

This far in advance any slight change in the forecast could be bad news though. 

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Sit Von for every logical reason under the sun. Activate Eli Ankou and Joseph. If the weather shuts down the passing game, they'll need every man they have for the trenches. Could be a very dull game of stalled drives, punts, and missed field goals, decided by fumbles. With a concussion, Ty Johnson likely won't play, which is killer, since he's so dynamic. It doesn't look like they have another RB on the practice squad. Might be a Cook, Fournette, Murray day, with short passes to Kincaid and Knox, and designed runs for Allen.

I'm not saying anything new, just mulling. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I wish this entire thread wasn’t trending towards talking about the weather

Bills fans have to search for reasons that their favorite team will lose the game to cushion any incoming disappointment. Steelers fans, OTOH, are all sure that they are going to the SB. They also think that Mason Rudolph, a guy who has been sitting on their bench for 6 years, is the answer to their QB situation for the next decade. They remind me of Pats fans during the Mac Jones Pro Bowl year. They are so used to winning and having a franchise QB that they see mirages. 

• Like (+1) 1

On the bright side, if Rasul Douglas can't go, the 30 mph wind should severely limit the downfield passing for a the team with a weaker armed QB.  Dane Jackson is a dawg coming up and tackling and we can try and focus more on the short game/screen game/run game of Pittsburgh.

We know Josh Allen can push it down the field and we know Josh Allen can be a focal point of the run game. 

Of course we'd all rather more ideal conditions, but we've got to find the advantages where they exist... and we will have some clear advantages, even with the cold & wind. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Weather doesn't look too bad.  Cloudy and windy for the game.  It's 5 days away so things can change but by the weather gods, we have mostly been in favor this year. 

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Buffalo+NY?canonicalCityId=60f9a2ed365f6f8cebd4cf543557cb60f0d1129208900298e1e3e6fd704009b2

Sun 14 | Day

23°

24%

WSW 21 mph

Cloudy and windy. High 23F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph.

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

I get it but i dont know that i trust dorian to do it right now if Dodson cant go.  I would stay with taron just cause i trust him to be in the right run fit more than dorian.  would consider an extra DL and have rousseau or floyd play a SAM role though.  they have played off ball this year some.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.