Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

Solution: Switch our game and KC/Miami

This makes that game a day game which will make the temperatures a little more bearable, and we get the game over on Saturday night before the storm gets too bad.

Although now we are less than 24 hours away, so probably not really possible given the time frame, but it could've helped out fans of both KC and Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Solution: Switch our game and KC/Miami

This makes that game a day game which will make the temperatures a little more bearable, and we get the game over on Saturday night before the storm gets too bad.

Although now we are less than 24 hours away, so probably not really possible given the time frame, but it could've helped out fans of both KC and Buffalo

Too late probably.  Peacock would be pissed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Great after we beat Pittsburgh we can go through this all over again next week! 

Maybe we play again on Monday? 

I get moving it and ultimately it’s the right move I think. 

But I hate having a short week when both our opponents play Saturday/tomorrow. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

The forecast is getting more biblical by the hour. I really hope the NFL thinks this one through and doesn't risk the lives of fans getting to the stadium if the conditions are going to be dangerous. Move it to Monday or to another location like Detroit. Also the quality of football if this storm is as bad they say will be horrendous.

Can't move it to Detroit, Rams vs Lions there on Sunday night.  When it  comes to distance, Detroit Cleveland and maybe Toronto (if still up to NFL standard) only fields within reasonable load-up-the-trucks-and-go distance.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

moving a playoff game out of your own city is complete insanity. If the day has to change, fine. 

I would have much less of an issue with Toronto. 

EDIT: I just hate moving this to an AFCN stadium to play an AFCN team.

Edited by Mango
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Too late probably.  Peacock would be pissed.

Too late would have sufficed imo. The network feed (pissed or not) is the simplest factor to overcome logistically. And that's not meant  to dismiss the broadcast implications.

Edited by SinceThe70s

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Don't know that it helps having a State of Emergency already declared by Hochul.  

Does it help if she calls out Steelers fans and tells them to stay home?

Because she did that too…

One of the more embarrassing things I’ve ever seen in my life. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

I would have much less of an issue with Toronto. 

EDIT: I just hate moving this to an AFCN stadium to play an AFCN team.

The skydome is currently being renovated so that's a non starter but I never want to see the Bills play there again. Horrible memories!

33 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Can't move it to Detroit, Rams vs Lions there on Sunday night.  When it  comes to distance, Detroit Cleveland and maybe Toronto (if still up to NFL standard) only fields within reasonable load-up-the-trucks-and-go distance.

They could still move it for Monday night to Detroit. If it stays in Buffalo the snow stops by Monday but they could still have 2 feet on the field and in the stands on Monday and apparently the temperatures Monday are deep freeze 5F!!

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Does it help if she calls out Steelers fans and tells them to stay home?

Because she did that too…

One of the more embarrassing things I’ve ever seen in my life. 

You joking, or serious?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Wow, meanwhile I’m sure Steeler fans are watching that and encouraged to come to the game now.  Thanks Kathy….

Yeah I'm sure their whole decision making process hinged on what Kathy Hochul had to say. I can see the vast unwashed hordes rising in the west (it's west for me).

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Yeah I'm sure their whole decision making process hinged on what Kathy Hochul had to say. I can see the vast unwashed hordes rising in the west (it's west for me).

Im sure 80% of Bills fans watch that video and shake their head at her nonsense. 

She’s putting weird vibes into the universe.  Like not knocking on wood or walking under a ladder in Bills gear for no good reason. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Neckbeards for miles!

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Yeah I took all of the overs. lol.

If the time or location of the game changes, those bets will void unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Wow, meanwhile I’m sure Steeler fans are watching that and encouraged to come to the game now.  Thanks Kathy….

So Steelers fans who weren't planning on attending are just supposed to up and go out of spite over a silly barb by a hometown Governor? And they'll be just fine traveling through the snowbelt?

At the same time, plenty of people here are acting as if Bills fans traveling to the game will be on the Great Siberian Ice March. Slight hysterical double standard in play.

Edited by BrettFavre
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BrettFavre said:

If the time or location of the game changes, those bets will void unfortunately. 

So Steelers fans who weren't planning on attending are just supposed to up and go out of spite over a silly barb by a hometown Governor? And they'll be just fine traveling through the snowbelt?

Yes.  Some people listen to authority, and some like to do the exact opposite.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

game-of-thrones-white-walker-army.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Im sure 80% of Bills fans watch that video and shake their head at her nonsense. 

She’s putting weird vibes into the universe.  Like not knocking on wood or walking under a ladder in Bills gear for no good reason. 

I think her and her speech writer were the only one's who thought it was a good idea.  As far as weird vibes go, I'm more worried about McDermott bringing up the Nazis not letting the freezing weather deter them from occupying Poland as a pre game pep talk.

• Haha (+1) 4

Really? People are upset because a politician is making a lighthearted comment saying the opposing team's fan base should avoid a storm and not attend the game in Buffalo?

Really? You think THIS will galvanize the Pittsburgh fan base and the team? This is prime bulletin board material?

Too ***** much.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.