Wild Card Weekend - Wild Card Weather

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Does anybody have any idea what implications the State of Emergency has on the game? 

One would assume it is an automatic postponement or relocation, right? 

no. State of emergency just allows pieces to be in place to help out to clear snow and rescue stranded people and restore power. SOE does not equal driving bans and all that. NFL might take it into consideration, that I have no clue. But SOE is an order to allow for certain things to be put in place ahead of time in this case.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Latest NWS forecast has increased highest snow totals from 24 to 36 inches.

This is not your average lake effect snow event

WE'RE ALL DOOMED!!!!11111111111SHIFTONESHIFTONEONEONEOOOoooo....

Edited by boyst

3 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Did you create a burner account for this one circumstance or did you lock it up during the chilly pats game two years ago?

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

And what if it was??? We'd have lost on purpose "bcuz snow is coming next week". What?

We were already in the playoffs. We'd have played backups.

I don't think people are getting the difference between ordinary "bad weather" and the kind of conditions we played in vs. the Colts in 2017 (sustained massive snow but no wind; we pulled it off in OT with Joe Webb playing QB - that just shows how flukey the conditions made it) or vs. the Pats in 2021 on Monday night (they won with Mac Jones throwing 3 passes). THAT's the kind of weather I'm talking about. If we get that, it's basically a coin flip.

The fact Schefter addressed this means contingency plans are in place.

Whether the “status quo” changes, we shall see.

I tend to think it’s 90/10 we play at 1 pm Sunday, but Schefter posting about our game, both tweets, puts some doubt in my mind. 

Especially with the ominous “….” at the end of his post. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

The fact Schefter addressed this means contingency plans are in place.

Whether the “status quo” changes, we shall see.

I tend to think it’s 90/10 we play at 1 pm Sunday, but Schefter posting about our game, both tweets, puts some doubt in my mind. 

there always were and are contigency plans. he addressed this to garner clicks.

his immediate post after this was teams were told games are to be played as scheduled.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Especially with the ominous “….” at the end of his post. 

The dreaded ellipsis!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, boyst said:

there always were and are contigency plans. he addressed this to garner clicks.

his immediate post after this was teams were told games are to be played as scheduled.

Perhaps. 

If I tell you the the teams have been told it’s status quo for the 1 pm game.

or

teams have been told it’s status quo for the 1 pm games…

Which makes you more certain?

Im not sure the league wants to draw attention to a State of Emergency being usurped for a football game, God forbid anything tragic were to happen as a result. 

13 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Not average... but also not record shattering.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

We were already in the playoffs. We'd have played backups.

I don't think people are getting the difference between ordinary "bad weather" and the kind of conditions we played in vs. the Colts in 2017 (sustained massive snow but no wind; we pulled it off in OT with Joe Webb playing QB - that just shows how flukey the conditions made it) or vs. the Pats in 2021 on Monday night (they won with Mac Jones throwing 3 passes). THAT's the kind of weather I'm talking about. If we get that, it's basically a coin flip.

I was at that game in 2017 

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Of course not.   But we could plow.  And drive.  And see.  As I understand your point (it’s not going to be markedly better on Monday),  I reject it.  I’ve lived through it.  I won’t be good in Monday if the snow is as forecasted, but it will be light years better than what the current forecast indicates will be a blizzard on Sunday. 

Not like this weather.  Sorry, but you’re wrong.  The Bills have never hosted a football game in the type of weather that is forecasted for Sunday,  

There is zero chance that a day after a storm like that ended a game could be played.  Some people were stuck in their homes for a week.  over 30 people died. Plowing routes to and from the stadium was not a public priority, as you should already have known.

If it is to be as bad as you are saying, they wouldn't be playing Monday. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.