Bills @ Dolphins game thread - 1st Half

Simon

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

They’re playing like their qb keeps giving the ball to the bad guys. It’s 7-7 in almost a half, to a high scoring team that Josh keeps giving the ball to. 

Fundamentals don't care about score. It's the basics of football

Contain

Tackle low

Wrap up

Go for the ball

Pursuit angles

We aren't doing it. 

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

The first INT...Josh has no defense.  that was ALL QB and ALL TERRIBLE.

HE's just a fly by the seat of his pants guy.   Sometimes it works magnificently, sometimes he makes plays that are so bad I can't believe an NFL player would make them.  It's who he is.

Obviously it all evens out for the better, or else we wouldn't have the records we have had with him.

I'm not sure how you can say Josh has no defense on the first one when we'll never know the play call or what the route option was. Obviously Allen thought Davis was going to be where he threw it. And Davis was...less than one second earlier...

One of them misread it, and they will have to tell us in the postgame.

Just now, AlfaBill said:

He did. But Gabe NEVER helps out. The ints are always to Gabe. 

Gabe ran to a WIDE open middle of the field. No one knows that the right move was but I trust that was it. Josh just panicked. 

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

It was an option route for the WR and it only works when the QB and WR are on the same page.

They weren’t.

Should Josh have turfed it? You can make that case if you want, but there is reason why more than half of Allen’s INT’s are to Gabe.

When a disproportionate number of bad plays are happening on throws to one guy,  at some point,  it's not a coincidence.

• Like (+1) 1

NGL I'm a little concerned that a defensive coordinator with 2 weeks of tape on how to totally throttle this offense is getting walked down the field after the first set of in-game adjustments from the opponent.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

Gabe ran to a WIDE open middle of the field. No one knows that the right move was but I trust that was it. Josh just panicked. 

Maybe he knew Gabe would drop it. 

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I sure do love how the refs keep calling against us but Miami can do whatever they want to our receivers and get away with it.

Agree. That no call dpi on Knox was about as blatant as it gets

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Really?  How about just admitting that Josh threw a ***** ball.  That'd be easier 

A lot of us saying that INT wasn’t on josh have been critical of other ints he’s thrown in the past.  Just cuz he throws more ints than he should doesn’t make every single INT 100% his fault