Bills at Dolphins: Thursday injury reports

Peace Frog

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I just heard Marcus Spears say on Get Up that Waddle was out. Maybe has insider knowledge? 

Waddle has a high ankle sprain so likely out.

We'll find out later today on others.  I'd guess Tyreek will be listed as questionable and play through it to start the game

He  re-aggravated it in Baltimore pretty badly.  Jumped and landed kinda sideways with all his weight on it 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We'll find out later today on others.  I'd guess Tyreek will be listed as questionable and play through it to start the game

He  re-aggravated it in Baltimore pretty badly.  Jumped and landed kinda sideways with all his weight on it 

In his house fire pic his foot was in a boot

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I had the same thought… now that he’s healthy, what are the chances that he’s made active and then pinned on Hill (with a safety to bracket him)???  Is that a totally insane idea?

Yes. Elam has done nothing to prove he can handle the best WR in the game, much less in a must win game. Douglas and Benford don’t has his speed, but they can handle Hill 

20 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Yes. Elam has done nothing to prove he can handle the best WR in the game, much less in a must win game. Douglas and Benford don’t has his speed, but they can handle Hill 

I guess my question would be - Elam played in at least a couple of the games against Miami last season.  How did he do in those games, and how did we use him?

32 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Lewis mostly plays safety but also gives you flexibility because he's also the back up slot corner.

He also is one of the core special teams players - over 300 snaps this year, - swiss army knife player.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He’s been re-aggravating it every week. He will probably get a dozen snaps.

13 hours ago, Devilmann said:

That is one heck of a list Miami has there. There should be zero excuses why we can’t stomp a mud hole in their butts. 

I would bet that the Miami injury report is bogus and most of those guys will be good to go, it’s put out as a ploy to create over confidence in their opponents, imo the game is gonna be a hard fought outing, that the Bills win. 

41 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I would bet that the Miami injury report is bogus and most of those guys will be good to go, it’s put out as a ploy to create over confidence in their opponents, imo the game is gonna be a hard fought outing, that the Bills win. 

it is most definitely not bogus, but a few of those DNPs have a chance to play (mostert chiefly among them)

Mike McDaniel declined to rule out Waddle or Mostert. Lumping Waddle in there, it looks like just gamesmanship by the fishy coach to make the Bills prepare for them all. No way Waddle could or should be put in Sunday with a playoff berth already locked up. The beat reporters covering Miami refrained all week from pushing for a more accurate update on Hill, who was seen on live TV in a walking boot, watching flames coming out of his house. The team has also been trying to keep it quiet that Achane spent this week in a walking boot as he struggles with turftoe. That was discovered when a wide shot on Hard Knox showed him. It would seem reasonable to think Miami is desperate enough to use Hill even if he's hurt to keep the Bills' defense honest.

15 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

I don’t care how many of those guys on Miami end up playing. It doesn’t change the fact that they are hurting a LOT more than us. No excuses.

if we can’t beat a Miami team that is more beat up than they have been all season, then it was never meant to be.

I read this almost every week on here no matter who we are playing.  In some form of this comment. 

6 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

The “no excuses” people are out in force. 

Every ***** week. 

Edited by nedboy7

16 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/bills-dolphins-thursday-injury-reports-002108882.html

Buffalo Bills (10-6)

Credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

Did not practice

N/A

Limited participation

S Damar Hamlin (shoulder)

S Micah Hyde (neck)

Full practice

QB Josh Allen (neck)

DE Leonard Floyd (ribs)

Notes: Floyd was upgraded from DNP to full on Thursday.

Miami Dolphins (11-5)

Credit: Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports

Did not practice

WR Tyreek Hill (ankle/personal)

DE Bradley Chubb (knee)

CB Xavien Howard (foot)

RB Raheem Mostert (knee/ankle)

WR Jaylen Waddle (ankle)

Limited participation

RB De’Von Achane (toe/ribs)

OL Terron Armstead (knee/ankle/back)

LB Jerome Baker (knee)

OL Lester Cotton (hip)

OL Liam Eichenberg (calf/ankle)

S Jevon Howard (knees)

OL Robert Hunt (hamstring)

OL Austin Jackson (oblique)

LB David Long Jr. (knee)

LB Duke Riley (ankle)

Full practice

CB Jalen Ramsey (knee)

QB Tua Tagovailoa (quad/left shoulder)

DT Zach Sieler (illness)

QB Mike White (shoulder

Notes: Armstead was upgraded from DNP to limited on Thursday. … Sieler was upgraded from DNP to full. … Hill was downgraded from limited to DNP.

Story originally appeared on Bills Wire

Some of these listed on the report are still going to play,  Bills just need to know where to tackle/hit when the game starts. Example is Hill and Waddle/Mostert,  the Bills need to tackle/hit around the ankles.  Anyone saying that is not nice are kidding themselves if they think Dolphin players are not going to go at Allen shoulder area. Even the Pats were going after Allen's shoulder area

End of the day the Dolphins are hurting,  the Bills need to attack through the air and get an early lead.  As the game goes on players on that report will begin to wear down and maybe not be as effective after the pill for pain that guys take before games begins to wear off.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Lewis mostly plays safety but also gives you flexibility because he's also the back up slot corner.

Lewis is an accident just waiting to happen,  has no where near the athletic talent or speed that Elam has.

5 hours ago, 26TrapDraw said:

We weren’t meant to see him in the boot when he left practice to go to his house fire. He will not be a 100 percent. If the Dolphins think he will fly around when he wore an immobilized boot on Wednesday this Sunday they are fooling themselves. Let’s go play this Triage unit physical and kick their ass. 

Tackle at Hill's ankle area,  that boot being worn says he won't be anywhere near 100%

25 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Mostert and Achane a close second.

Are you saying questions on if they will be playing or trying to defend them?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Lewis is an accident just waiting to happen,  has no where near the athletic talent or speed that Elam has.

Elam is more athletic talent and speed over all of our secondary and he is still not dressing.  In the NFL, you need more than just speed and athletic talent.
If it was just based on that, you wouldn’t have early first round busts.

Lewis is a good player and might be one of our starting safeties next year.

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Miami try and run it more this Sunday with all the injuries they have. I'm not sure that they can, but Achane is a gamebreaker, and probably will be mostly healthy. 

100%, to include swing passes to Achane all day. Run the clock down.

Bills counter that by going up by double digits. A quick start is much needed this week, which hasn’t happened in nearly a month now.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Remember last year when the Bengals were starting second string guards vs the Bills and the entire oline was banged up?   Dont put too much stock into injury reports.    Even the backups are NFL players.   

Exactly,  the goal should be playing with pace and trying to get as many possessions as possible,  Dolphins will want to slow this game down and keep their defence off the field. 

The Bills need to play this game like their playing KC,  force the Dolphins into being one demensional

Bills need to convince themselves the Dolphins listed on injury report will all be playing except Chubb and maybe Waddle.

17 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Buffalo Bills (10-6)

Did not practice

N/A

Limited participation

S Micah Hyde (neck)

Full practice

QB Josh Allen (neck)

DE Leonard Floyd (ribs)

Miami Dolphins (11-5)

Did not practice

DE Bradley Chubb (knee)

CB Xavien Howard (foot)

WR Jaylen Waddle (ankle)

Limited participation

LB Jerome Baker (knee)

OL Lester Cotton (hip)

S Jevon Howard (knees)

LB David Long Jr. (knee)

LB Duke Riley (ankle)

Full practice

CB Jalen Ramsey (knee)

DT Zach Sieler (illness)

QB Mike White (shoulder

Notes: Armstead was upgraded from DNP to limited on Thursday. … Sieler was upgraded from DNP to full. … Hill was downgraded from limited to DNP.

Chubb and Howard already have been ruled out by head coach Mike McDaniel. Mostert and Waddle, two players who missed last week's loss to the Baltimore Ravens because of their injuries, likely will have their playing status determined Friday, and a lot depends on whether they can participate in practice.

6 hours ago, MPL said:

I used to play little league baseball with this super athletic kid. He was an outfielder and could generally get to any fly ball with ease. However, instead of making routine plays, he would purposefully slow down so he had to make a more spectacular catch. I think that kid grew up to be the Buffalo Bills. 

This is amazing. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Some of these listed on the report are still going to play,  Bills just need to know where to tackle/hit when the game starts. Example is Hill and Waddle/Mostert,  the Bills need to tackle/hit around the ankles.  Anyone saying that is not nice are kidding themselves if they think Dolphin players are not going to go at Allen shoulder area. Even the Pats were going after Allen's shoulder area

End of the day the Dolphins are hurting,  the Bills need to attack through the air and get an early lead.  As the game goes on players on that report will begin to wear down and maybe not be as effective after the pill for pain that guys take before games begins to wear off.

Tackle at Hill's ankle area,  that boot being worn says he won't be anywhere near 100%

Are you saying questions on if they will be playing or trying to defend them?

Im saying there is a possibility both may be out this Sunday. Neither has the impact that Hill/Waddle posess but it would be significant nonetheless. 

The latest is that Waddle has made significant progress as of today.

Also, Morse has an illness and is now questionable for Sunday.

smh…

6 hours ago, MPL said:

I used to play little league baseball with this super athletic kid. He was an outfielder and could generally get to any fly ball with ease. However, instead of making routine plays, he would purposefully slow down so he had to make a more spectacular catch. I think that kid grew up to be the Buffalo Bills. 

Did the kid end up anywhere? I need to know the end of the story. 

12 hours ago, Herc11 said:

He was limping around in between plays. I think he plays this weekend, but he's def not 100%

When he returned to his house while the firefighters were putting out the fire Tyreek was in a walking boot.

Waddle has a high ankle sprain and those take time to heal.

23 minutes ago, Old Coot said:

When he returned to his house while the firefighters were putting out the fire Tyreek was in a walking boot.

That’s why Im shocked Waddle is listed as questionable.  I can’t see any way he plays on Sunday but it sounds like they are optimistic.  

The fact Hill returned so quickly is amazing though his numbers seem to have plateaued so maybe it’s a factor since Tenn.  so maybe it’s still a factor 

1 hour ago, Old Coot said:

Right. Many were surprised by the boot which I didn't understand because it's been out that he has been dealing with an ankle injury as well.

6 minutes ago, JMM said:

Does anyone know if Waddle and Mostert practiced today? If not, believe me they are NOT playing Sunday.  If they were limited probably 50/50

Both limited. 

Video of Waddle from practice, and he's catching passes without an obvious limp. 

I think they both are playing. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Elam is more athletic talent and speed over all of our secondary and he is still not dressing.  In the NFL, you need more than just speed and athletic talent.
If it was just based on that, you wouldn’t have early first round busts.

Lewis is a good player and might be one of our starting safeties next year.

I agree with the first paragraph.. The second made throw up in my mouth. 

On 1/4/2024 at 9:08 PM, Peace Frog said:

Buffalo Bills (10-6)

Did not practice

N/A

Limited participation

S Micah Hyde (neck)

Full practice

QB Josh Allen (neck)

DE Leonard Floyd (ribs)

Miami Dolphins (11-5)

Did not practice

DE Bradley Chubb (knee)

CB Xavien Howard (foot)

WR Jaylen Waddle (ankle)

Limited participation

LB Jerome Baker (knee)

OL Lester Cotton (hip)

S Jevon Howard (knees)

LB David Long Jr. (knee)

LB Duke Riley (ankle)

Full practice

CB Jalen Ramsey (knee)

DT Zach Sieler (illness)

QB Mike White (shoulder

I presume all play and play at 100%.  Act as if it's week 1 and they are all healthy or you end up playing down to them

And we all know what happens when we do that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.