Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

If he is, he's nowhere near to full speed. He's gone from missing two days of practice in a row. You don't go to full and the injury is supposed to take multiple weeks to heal.

They will probably roll drug the hell out of him, put him out for a few snaps to open up stuff for Hill.

They risk him getting injured again and completely losing him for the playoffs. After the Chubb debacle I suspect the sit Waddle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

They risk him getting injured again and completely losing him for the playoffs. After the Chubb debacle I suspect the sit Waddle. 

I think if any of the Dolphins' injured players are cleared by docs/trainers to play and the player themselves feels good to go, they go.  This is a huge game for Miami as well.  Aside from the possibility of the Bills being out with a loss, a win in this game means the exact same to both teams...the chance for 2 straight home playoff games, avoiding Baltimore until at least the AFCC game and possibly hosting the AGCC game if Bmore loses in Divisional.

I don't the Dolphins will, or should, rest anybody who CAN go.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

The right thing to do would be to rest Waddle, but McDaniel has more balls than brains, evidenced among other things by the way he treated Tua last year.  Playing him and losing him for the balance of the playoffs would be a very McDaniel thing to do.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

Enough of the injury talk, now it is time to man up and play.  (I am sorry, it was driving me nuts, I felt sure that Hill, waddle and Mostert would play when it came down to it.)

I mean, WE as fans can talk about it, right?  We're not playing the game lol.  It is kind of a big storyline heading into the game.

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It was built in 2019 so what other year were they even in contention then?

it looks like an old video.  If it isn't then that is not great for Miami and thank you very much.

Physicality - that’s how we beat the Lolphins again.

We can talk about all the scheme all you want, but if every player legally knocks the sht out of them on both sides of the ball we will win comfortably.

Miami is a weak, soft, finesse team like we used to be. I think it’s obvious we’ve toughened up. We can bully them for 4 quarters and demoralize them.

This is a big game for Brady from a perspective of keeping the OC title long term. The 49ers and Ravens killed Miami by targeting their linebackers and utilizing the middle of the field. We haven’t been doing that at all, and this is the perfect opportunity to break our tendency to play outside the numbers and work the middle. James Cook needs to be utilized as a receiver in this game - Miami can’t handle pass catching running backs. There’s ZERO reason we shouldn’t exploit this. Diggs/Kincaid/Shakir should all have success over the middle with these LBs in zone or man. Who knows, maybe Knox will even show up if they pay too much attention to everyone else.

I hope to see Diggs more involved and on the field more. I’d put him all over the formation, put him in motion so see who’s covering, and exploit the best matchup from that information. Diggs in the slot over the middle would be great to see. Less Sherfield, more Diggs/Kincaid/Davis/Shakir.

Bench Murray, activate Playoff Lenny and use him to pound Miami. 

On defense, it’s all about pressure with 4 guys with the occasional 5 or 6 man pressure. Teams have not been blitzing Miami and having great success against their garbage O-line. If we can get consistent pressure with 4 Tua is going to get rattled like he always does. IDK what McD has done to limit Tyreek in the past 6 games we’ve played against him but keep it up. What we have to do is make Miami be methodical and not give up the big Tyreek TD that he can score on any down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I mean, WE as fans can talk about it, right?  We're not playing the game lol.  It is kind of a big storyline heading into the game.

It was a diversion to weaken our resolve.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

it looks like an old video.  If it isn't then that is not great for Miami and thank you very much.

People take crappy videos all the time, and the oldest it can be is still 2019 that's not exactly a leap back to the time of grainy video recording either.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Sounds like the Dolphins are trying to get 'all hands on deck' and view this as a must win game. No surprise though as it should be for a team that's led the division essentially from start to finish minus week 4.

Bills need to be ready and come out firing on all cylinders or they won't win this game if they fall behind and/or play like they have the last 2 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

Use Cook in the passing game again...last 2 games: 1 target, 1 catch, -4 yds

3 games prior: 15 tgts, 13 catches, 180 yds, 2 tds.

Not sure why they stopped but they need to throw to Cook this game. Easy, quick release, confidence building throws are just the ticket to get Josh back on track imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Enough of the injury talk, now it is time to man up and play.  (I am sorry, it was driving me nuts, I felt sure that Hill, waddle and Mostert would play when it came down to it.)

Why can't we talk about injuries lol? We're not playing

28 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Not sure why they stopped but they need to throw to Cook this game. Easy, quick release, confidence building throws are just the ticket to get Josh back on track imo.

Yeah been saying Cook should be the focal point of the offense moving forward. Get him the ball both running and throwing it.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, billsfanmd07 said:

I cant see them blowing it on purpose....If the Ravens can get to the 45 each drive they have a magic button. Almost guaranteed 3 points. Several players near contract bonus. If they laid down and the Bills did win. I think that could be bulletin board if we met in AFCCG. Besides The Steelers are their rival and have beaten them several times. I feel they want the Steelers out of their hair and would not fear this Bills team at home. The dark horse are the Browns. They could come to Balt and take them out, putting us at home for all 3 games.

I hope you're right, and I hope the Ravens do to them what we did to the Dolphins in 2020.

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

Physicality - that’s how we beat the Lolphins again.

We can talk about all the scheme all you want, but if every player legally knocks the sht out of them on both sides of the ball we will win comfortably.

Miami is a weak, soft, finesse team like we used to be. I think it’s obvious we’ve toughened up. We can bully them for 4 quarters and demoralize them.

This is a big game for Brady from a perspective of keeping the OC title long term. The 49ers and Ravens killed Miami by targeting their linebackers and utilizing the middle of the field. We haven’t been doing that at all, and this is the perfect opportunity to break our tendency to play outside the numbers and work the middle. James Cook needs to be utilized as a receiver in this game - Miami can’t handle pass catching running backs. There’s ZERO reason we shouldn’t exploit this. Diggs/Kincaid/Shakir should all have success over the middle with these LBs in zone or man. Who knows, maybe Knox will even show up if they pay too much attention to everyone else.

I hope to see Diggs more involved and on the field more. I’d put him all over the formation, put him in motion so see who’s covering, and exploit the best matchup from that information. Diggs in the slot over the middle would be great to see. Less Sherfield, more Diggs/Kincaid/Davis/Shakir.

Bench Murray, activate Playoff Lenny and use him to pound Miami. 

On defense, it’s all about pressure with 4 guys with the occasional 5 or 6 man pressure. Teams have not been blitzing Miami and having great success against their garbage O-line. If we can get consistent pressure with 4 Tua is going to get rattled like he always does. IDK what McD has done to limit Tyreek in the past 6 games we’ve played against him but keep it up. What we have to do is make Miami be methodical and not give up the big Tyreek TD that he can score on any down.

Agree. Just like the Cowboys game - punch them in the mouth early and often to see the tone.

• Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

We're constantly having to ask these "what happened" questions with this team. 

Allen one week is 320 and 4 TDs, the next week its 169 and 1 INT. 

Diggs disappears and it's all fine at OBD. 

Cook 179 yards one week, 35 the next week. 

Kincaid 8 catches one week, 1 target the next week. 

We all see these things. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

that kind of sucks that Mitch might not  be able to go on Sunday.  Next man up!  (And hopefully no one else gets sick)

I hope it's not the flu - the last thing we need is to have a bug spreading around the team at this time of year.  I remember when Bruce Smith got the flu and missed the playoff game at Pittsburgh, and we lost.  Really made me angry- the stupidity of not getting a flu shot when there can be such huge ramifications if you don't and get sick at the wrong time.  There simply is no such thing as just playing anyway if you get a knock-you-on-your-ass type of flu.

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

I hope it's not the flu - the last thing we need is to have a bug spreading around the team at this time of year.  I remember when Bruce Smith got the flu and missed the playoff game at Pittsburgh, and we lost.  Really made me angry- the stupidity of not getting a flu shot when there can be such huge ramifications if you don't and get sick at the wrong time.  There simply is no such thing as just playing anyway if you get a knock-you-on-your-ass type of flu.

So, who said he didn’t get a flu shot? Just because you get a flu shot doesn’t mean you’re fully immune to the flu. 

Cook missed a day due to illness, he played. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

This is one of the most ridiculous comments ever on here.  

Flu shots, just like “vaccines” do NOT guarantee someone won’t get sick. Every person’s body responds differently regarding immunity.  I know multiple people who got a flu shot and immediately got the flu for weeks after.  Bashing Bruce Smith for something that happened decades ago and is a personal choice is pretty sad

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills become the first team in NFL history with 7 night games in a season when this game is played.

7 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I've never got the flu shot and also never have gotten the flu.

10,000 IUs of Vitamin D a day is better than any flu shot for someone that doesn't take it.

There is a reason why flu season happens in the winter when there is no Vitamin D from sunshine available in most places.

Also the flu vaccine ranges from below average in it's effectiveness to completely ineffective. It's basically made based on what scientists "think" will be the 3 most common strains that year but they have no idea what they actually will be.

They thought they were close to a "universal" flu vaccine a few years ago but they couldn't get it working properly and effectively gave up.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

So, who said he didn’t get a flu shot? Just because you get a flu shot doesn’t mean you’re fully immune to the flu. 

Cook missed a day due to illness, he played. 

I know it's possible that he got a different strain and did get a flu shot.  Since that was not advertised at the time I assumed it was not the case.  I'm just saying I hope everyone is flu vaccinated to at least increase your chance of not getting it, because the time of year that it goes around is PLAYOFF time, and missing a game or having to play when your compromised is not in the best interest of the team.

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I know it's possible that he got a different strain and did get a flu shot.  Since that was not advertised at the time I assumed it was not the case.  I'm just saying I hope everyone is flu vaccinated to at least increase your chance of not getting it, because the time of year that it goes around is PLAYOFF time, and missing a game or having to play when your compromised is not in the best interest of the team.

Again. Wrong. I know people who have never gotten a shot and have never had the flu. Others who get it every year and still get the flu afterward

you have no way of knowing whether a player’s system will react positively or negatively to a flu shot.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We're constantly having to ask these "what happened" questions with this team. 

Allen one week is 320 and 4 TDs, the next week its 169 and 1 INT. 

Diggs disappears and it's all fine at OBD. 

Cook 179 yards one week, 35 the next week. 

Kincaid 8 catches one week, 1 target the next week. 

We all see these things. 

And we all see that this happens to EVERY other team in the NFL, especially this season.

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Again. Wrong. I know people who have never gotten a shot and have never had the flu. Others who get it every year and still get the flu afterward

Me. I take 10000 IUs of Vitamin D every day. Getting sick more often in the winter is a sign your Vitamin D levels are low.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Oops, I guess I touched on the 3rd rail topic of vaccinations.   Some people never got polio vaccine and didn't ever get it, so I guess they should have just never pushed it and saved tens of thousands from the crippling disease.  The logic of some here cracks me up - but I will bow out now, there's no convincing people whose minds are made up.  Peace out - praying the Bills can all stay healthy!

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, Georgia Bill said:

Oops, I guess I touched on the 3rd rail topic of vaccinations.   Some people never got polio and didn't ever get it, so I guess they should have just never pushed it and saved tens of thousands from the crippling disease.  The logic of some here cracks me up - but I will bow out now, there's no convincing people whose minds are made up.  Peace out - praying the Bills can all stay healthy!

Trying to defeat your previous post for absurdity level? Apples to oranges. 

But, we can agree on your last comment!! Praying the Bills can stay healthy for sure.

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Flu shots, just like “vaccines” do NOT guarantee someone won’t get sick. Every person’s body responds differently regarding immunity.  I know multiple people who got a flu shot and immediately got the flu for weeks after.  Bashing Bruce Smith for something that happened decades ago and is a personal choice is pretty sad

Doctors will even tell you the flu shot is a guess based off of years prior. 

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

My son got the flu shot 3 weeks ago.  Guess what he was diagnosed with today.  The flu.  I know so many people that either have gotten Covid or the flu over the holidays.  Stuffs going around.  

I think I’m saturated.  I’ve read and listened pro and con about the game.  I’m shutting down, going off the net until Monday.  If they win or are in, I’ll be back.  If they’re out, I’ll see you all at the draft.   Good luck Bills.  My final take is I think this is going to be a nail biter.  Aren’t they all?   

• Agree 1

Just now, dma0034 said:

Pretty sure Waddle is going to play. Okne of the Dolphins reporters showed him at practice today and he looked good. He does get banged up a lot in games though. 

Waddle said “he has a chance” to play.

Game time decision most likely. Mostert too

34 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Not only that flu shots use dead virus so often the body reacts especially the first year you get it as if you have the flu, symptoms are similar but your body doesnt know its not sick... the following years your body is able to fight it off quicker because it already has similar antibodies as if you already had it... immunity dissipates over time... it is how the whole deal works. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Pretty sure Waddle is going to play. Okne of the Dolphins reporters showed him at practice today and he looked good. He does get banged up a lot in games though. 

Just ankle tackle Hill & Waddle all day.  Twist those suckers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Leaving Kohou on Diggs without more help was a mistake.  Howard was available for that game and shouldve traveled.  Try anything cause 6 for 120 and 3 TDs seems like a mistake or are you saying there was no way of stopping Diggs that day?  We saw Kohou lining up on Diggs and took advantage.  

While this is true the post said they better not make the mistake again and make Jalen travel this time around. Also I'm not sure if you've noticed hardly anyone travels anymore

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.