Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

I'm still hilariously dumbfounded by everything I have seen in the media and on twitter. 

"Jalen Ramsey needs to shadow Diggs"

For some reason people don't realize how Diggs has played against Ramsey.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Anyone thought about this? If we go to OT do we run the lock and play for a tie? I guess it all depends on if Pittsburgh and Jacksonville win.

McDermott's dream: a situation where playing to a tie is a good thing. We finally hit his coaching sweet spot.

• Haha (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Dr Krentist said:

If they really cared about the stat, they would have him play just the first offensive play and handoff the ball.

But then per game averages would be negatively affected - things like passing yards per game for his career.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This actually makes me superstitiously nervous. The last time I remember all the hype about Bills fans taking over a stadium and seeing an airplane video exactly like this was 2021 when we played at Tennessee.

We lost 34-31.

(Edited this because I obviously got the year wrong initially saying it was 2020 :lol:)

Edited by transplantbillsfan

11 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This actually makes me superstitiously nervous. The last time I remember all the hype about Bills fans taking over a stadium and seeing an airplane video exactly like this was the Covid year when we played at Tennessee.

We got steamrolled 42-16.

lol wut? There were no fans in the seats that year. There certainly weren't planes full of fans going. You know, the whole COVID thing.

The last time we took over Nashville was in 2019. 70% Bills fans. We won 14-7.

edit:

Bonus pic of the stadium emptying over the bridge into downtown Nashville. Complete Bills takeover.

yt2mQFp.png

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol wut? There were no fans in the seats that year. There certainly weren't planes full of fans going. You know, the whole COVID thing.

You're obviously right about the year I got wrong.

It wasn't 2020.

But it's also not 2019.

It was 2021. We lost 34-31

And we had almost the exact same video of Bills fans on an airplane for that game.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This actually makes me superstitiously nervous. The last time I remember all the hype about Bills fans taking over a stadium and seeing an airplane video exactly like this was 2021 when we played at Tennessee.

We lost 34-31.

(Edited this because I obviously got the year wrong initially saying it was 2020 :lol:)

I'm sure there's videos of planes full of Bills fans plenty of times we've played Miami these past few years.

52 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm still hilariously dumbfounded by everything I have seen in the media and on twitter. 

"Jalen Ramsey needs to shadow Diggs"

For some reason people don't realize how Diggs has played against Ramsey.

I sure hope you're right about this because at first I thought you were going to say that anyone at this point could shadow Diggs. You wouldn't have been wrong either. IMO 

33 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

We lost 34-31.

And the Jacksonville playoff game

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Not gonna lie, if I had to coach in the heat and humidity of Miami I would be wearing board shorts and a white t-shirt.

I think I speak for all of us when I thank you for at least wearing a shirt. :D

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

McDermott's dream: a situation where playing to a tie is a good thing. We finally hit his coaching sweet spot.

McD had his watch inscribed with “WWDJD” What would Dick Jauron do?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

edit:

Bonus pic of the stadium emptying over the bridge into downtown Nashville. Complete Bills takeover.

yt2mQFp.png

That was the same year that some schmuck jumped off the side of that bridge and missed a table brutally. I was trying to find the video, but it might be one that was so bad it was deleted from the Internet. I was at the game. Duke Williams made a great touchdown catch and we all thought we had something there.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

Mike Florio and a few other guys say the Miami Dolphins are the ultimate test for us…. Really? On what basis do they figure that…. We crushed them earlier in the year… There just coming off another beat down plus half there team is injured… Please help me understand why there the ultimate test????

Because the media NEEDS something to get clicks and views. The real test is within us....AND the Baltimore Ravens.

But hey, whatever it takes to post bulletin board material to get the team extra hype then by all means.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I actually miss Thursday Night Football. I might be disturbed…

There's nothing better than a good ol' Commanders vs. Bears or Panthers vs Texans matchup on a thursday night in mid November 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

MY LORD!!!!! Is it Sunday yet!   Need Bills Football!

I know. All I’ve been able to think about this week is the bills on Sunday. It really has a playoff like aura to the build-up

• Like (+1) 1

Look the bills couldn’t be luckier

how does a team like Miami who is decimated with injuries have such credibility to beat buffalo?

evenn when healthy they aren’t beating winning teams?!?

sorry Dallas is the same as Miami so they don’t count

any good team they lose to - so how is it they are going to beat buffalo?

sorry I’m not seeing it…

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

edit:

yt2mQFp.png

It wasn't that many people! As in it was even more than that in all seriousness 

My favorite memory of that game was a random photo someone I didn't know posted of people coming in the stadium from the top of the seating area.  I easily noticed @LeviF sticking out like a sore thumb. The gleam off his head and the 47' he rose above everyone else helped!

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Look the bills couldn’t be luckier

how does a team like Miami who is decimated with injuries have such credibility to beat buffalo?

evenn when healthy they aren’t beating winning teams?!?

sorry Dallas is the same as Miami so they don’t count

any good team they lose to - so how is it they are going to beat buffalo?

sorry I’m not seeing it…

Well, their last road game was almost a disaster against Easton Stick.  And i do think the banged up Miami roster is still way better than what the Chargers put out there.  Plus Miami has a better QB, coaching and plays.  

So I can picture a loss, but sure hope not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Look ugh this is frustrating

all the scardie cats about the game against the chargers

cmon people think!!!!

traveling out west - you just need to win!

what am I missing?  Do people not understand this ?

12-24 against that franchise all time

1-10?  In road games dating back to god knows when

They suck against the chargers idk

• Thank you (+1) 1

Call me crazy, but I can't help but shake the feeling that the Bills are more likely to reach the Super Bowl as a 7 seed than a 2 seed. (6 seed and they'll be one-and-done - winning twice in KC isn't realistic IMO).

As a 7 seed...

• Bills would face Miami in the Wild Card round. I can't see the Dolphins beating them twice two weeks in a row, especially as banged up as they are.
  • They would then travel to Baltimore to face the Ravens in the Divisional Round. Lamar Jackson and some other key starters won't have played for three weeks. That hot streak they've been on? Probably dissipated. They'll be rusty. Not to mention no one will expect the Bills to win that game. That's the type of game they're most likely to win.
  • In the AFC Championship we may have to travel to KC. But considering how off the Chiefs seem to be this season, I wouldn't bet against the Texans or Browns being the opponent. I'm not scared of those teams, especially as a Bills team riding high feeling like they have nothing to lose. All the pressure will be on the Texans/Browns hosting an AFC Championship game they never expected to host.

As a 2 seed...

• Bills would most likely host the Texans in the wild card round. After an emotional win in Miami, coming back home and facing a up-and-coming Texans team? Ripe for an upset.
    • (Yes, they could face the Steelers or Jaguars - neither of which are that scary on paper but they're good defensive teams who've played well lately and the "ripe for an upset" statement still applies)
  • Even if they can get past the Wild Card round, they host what will likely be the Chiefs in the Divisional Round (I can't see the Dolphins beating Chiefs in KC). Beating Mahomes/Reid twice in one season? That is a tough ask, even at home.
  • Then if they get to the AFC Championship, they more than likely have to face the Ravens in Baltimore (unless the Ravens are upset). The rust will have been shaken off by then and the Ravens will be fired up and riding high. I don't see this Bills team capable of winning that one.

We'll see what happens, but I've been thinking of this all week. All to say if the Bills are locked into the 7 seed with a loss going into the game Sunday night, I won't be feeling any nervousness at all at kickoff.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 5

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Call me crazy, but I can't help but shake the feeling that the Bills are more likely to reach the Super Bowl as a 7 seed than a 2 seed. (6 seed and they'll be one-and-done - winning twice in KC isn't realistic IMO).

As a 7 seed...

• Bills would face Miami in the Wild Card round. I can't see the Dolphins beating them twice two weeks in a row, especially as banged up as they are.
  • They would then travel to Baltimore to face the Ravens in the Divisional Round. Lamar Jackson and some other key starters won't have played for three weeks. That hot streak they've been on? Probably dissipated. They'll be rusty. Not to mention no one will expect the Bills to win that game. That's the type of game they're most likely to win.
  • In the AFC Championship we may have to travel to KC. But considering how off the Chiefs seem to be this season, I wouldn't bet against the Texans or Browns being the opponent. I'm not scared of those teams, especially as a Bills team riding high feeling like they have nothing to lose. All the pressure will be on the Texans/Browns hosting an AFC Championship game they never expected to host.

As a 2 seed...

• Bills would most likely host the Texans in the wild card round. After an emotional win in Miami, coming back home and facing a up-and-coming Texans team? Ripe for an upset.
    • (Yes, they could face the Steelers or Jaguars - neither of which are that scary on paper but they're good defensive teams who've played well lately and the "ripe for an upset" statement still applies)
  • Even if they can get past the Wild Card round, they host what will likely be the Chiefs in the Divisional Round (I can't see the Dolphins beating Chiefs in KC). Beating Mahomes/Reid twice in one season? That is a tough ask, even at home.
  • Then if they get to the AFC Championship, they more than likely have to face the Ravens in Baltimore (unless the Ravens are upset). The rust will have been shaken off by then and the Ravens will be fired up and riding high. I don't see this Bills team capable of winning that one.

We'll see what happens, but I've been thinking of this all week. All to say if the Bills are locked into the 7 seed with a loss going into the game Sunday night, I won't be feeling any nervousness at all at kickoff.

Good reasoning, but why worry about it? Whatever happens is going to happen. NFL is wild this year and there's no guarantee we play the Texans as the 2 seed. And they have cooled off considerably here lately. A rook qb in Buffalo in his first playoff game? I'll take that too. Whatever happens before the Bills play, I just want to beat the Dolphins Sunday night and then carry the momentum from there. If the light bulb comes on for the Bills offense they can beat anyone. And it's going to take that bulb to come on to go all the way. They know what is on the line. Gonna be a fun ride hopefully. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.