Ja’Marr Chase on Chiefs Secondary: “It’s not like they got a Jalen Ramsey..”

Big Blitz

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Ramsey is currently leading the league in passer rating against him (down in the 30s).  He's like 6th in completion % against.

Wanna know who's leading the league in completion % against him right now?  I DID not see this coming, I promise you....

....Ronald Darby.  No kidding.  Ronald Darby, Bills 2nd round draft pick in 2015.

It seems to be a trait of elite WR.  Remember Tik-Tok Boy dancing on the opponents team logos?

Dude. I watched that Ravens/9ers game and kept asking myself who TF #28 was. 

Good for him. He played well in Philly but had multiple years where injuries took ahold of his career. 

Nice to see him playing good football. Wasn’t a bad pick here either just the by-product for securing a trade. 

Still wild that we gave up him and a 3rd rounder for Jordon Matthews. 🤯

Edited by BBFL
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

At one point I found it easy to root for the Bengals. Loveable losers that finally turned the corner and all.

Now? Not so much. Bunch of cocky asshats. Reminds me of the Legion of Boom era Seahawks minus the Super Bowl title. 

For me it was seeing a few interviews with Burrows. He's genuinely a creepy, unlikeable guy.

I like Boyd and Tee Higgins, and I think Chase and Burrows are both really great players. But they quickly turned into a completely unlikable group. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

At one point I found it easy to root for the Bengals. Loveable losers that finally turned the corner and all.

Now? Not so much. Bunch of cocky asshats. Reminds me of the Legion of Boom era Seahawks minus the Super Bowl title. 

Let's be real, it's because of other reasons we hate them...

1) They made the SB before we did

2) Everyone in the media hopped off the Allen bandwagon & positioned Joe as the #2 behind Mahomes

3) Embarassed us at home in the playoffs, then talked smack about it

4) Beat us again this year, proving to most fans they're better than us when healthy

If they hadn't become so successful, we probably wouldn't care what they say about anyone... especially not the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Good for him. He played well in Philly but had multiple years where injuries took ahold of his career. 

Nice to see him playing good football. Wasn’t a bad pick here either just the by-product for securing a trade. 

I know, right?  Jordan F'ing "Buffalo made me a Father, Nothing to do there but each other" Matthews.  From 800 yds in Philly to 282 yds here.  Oh I dunno Jordan, maybe get in the playbook and try to play ball?

He's still in the league, BTW.  Has been playing ST in Carolina.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The video vs the quote 

Pretty different if you ask me

Basically saying the chiefs are all solid, well coached players that don't need to do anything fancy

Unlike when you have a guy like Jalen Ramsey where you scheme up hidden coverages or blitzes because you have a guy that you can leave one on one 

All fine.  

But tell me how we’d feel if Mitch Morse came out today and said “yea that Miami D line does a lot of good schematic things, but it’s not like they got an Aaron Donald.”

That's the equivalent.   

44 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Let's be real, it's because of other reasons we hate them...

1) They made the SB before we did

2) Everyone in the media hopped off the Allen bandwagon & positioned Joe as the #2 behind Mahomes

3) Embarassed us at home in the playoffs, then talked smack about it

4) Beat us again this year, proving to most fans they're better than us when healthy

If they hadn't become so successful, we probably wouldn't care what they say about anyone... especially not the Chiefs.

If that's your reasoning, so be it. Not mine in the least. 

• Agree 4

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

All fine.  

But tell me how we’d feel if Mitch Morse came out today and said “yea that Miami D line does a lot of good schematic things, but it’s not like they got an Aaron Donald.”

That's the equivalent.   

I wouldn't say equivalent as you could debate that miamis d line has a very very good DLine, including a guy that's a bout to be paid as a top 5 defensive tackle. KC doesn't have that quality of defensive back 

But again the quote is always gonna look worse as you don't get any body language or actual pauses and read of the person saying it 

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Ramsey is currently leading the league in passer rating against him (down in the 30s).  He's like 6th in completion % against.

Wanna know who's leading the league in completion % against him right now?  I DID not see this coming, I promise you....

....Ronald Darby.  No kidding.  Ronald Darby, Bills 2nd round draft pick in 2015.

It seems to be a trait of elite WR.  Remember Tik-Tok Boy dancing on the opponents team logos?

Darby played well here but McDermott moved him as wasn't best fit with the zone defense plus we got EJ Gaines in the trade prior of Watkins. Jordan Matthews didn't do much after he left Philly which surprised me as thought he was a decent WR along the lines of Robert Woods.

Edited by The Jokeman

12 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Darby played well here but McDermott moved him as wasn't best fit with the zone defense plus we got EJ Gaines in the trade prior of Watkins. Jordan Matthews didn't do much after he left Philly which surprised me as thought he was a decent WR along the lines of Robert Woods.

Darby=Elam? 

14 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Diggs talks mad crap (him and Jaire Alexander last year). And he’s right and he’s awesome. But I do agree what is the point in saying it. 

After the game though. Mind boggling why a player would give the defense extra motivation,  especially in a must win

13 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Diggs talks as much 💩 as any other player in the league. Josh also flaps his gums an awful lot.

But,

Our guys keep it off media outlets.  You'll never hear them smear other players during conferences or post on X or IG. 

in game is different. They never talk crazy before,  now all week coaches can motivate the DBs even more by these comments 

11 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

For me it was seeing a few interviews with Burrows. He's genuinely a creepy, unlikeable guy.

I like Boyd and Tee Higgins, and I think Chase and Burrows are both really great players. But they quickly turned into a completely unlikable group. 

Burrow....it's Burrow. This drives me insane. Just like when Bills fans say Epenza. It's Epenesa. Sorry pet peeve

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They are always finding these mysterious beefs for motivation.  Something completely out of context, if not fabricated. 

Then they run their mouths and say things 10x worse than things they claim to be angry about.  

It's hard to root for that team.  At least when brady's patriots would find fake bulletin board material, they rarely took shots at opponents in that era, and were even complimentary to the Bills in the worst of days.

12 hours ago, zow2 said:

From the same clowns who coined it “Burrowhead” before the playoff game. Why do they want to poke the bear? That’s fine, i want a Cincinnati loss here. I also can’t see KC losing a 5th home game.  No way.

Should be allenhead…we are that fateful 13 seconds away from winning 4 in a row there 😂

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BBFL said:

We gave up Darby for a 3rd and Matthews.  That’s why he was traded.  Draft capital and scheme fit.  He’s best in man, not so much in zone

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BBFL said:

We didn't give a 3rd rounder. We GOT a 3rd rounder for him, plus a player.

It was a good trade.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

We didn't give a 3rd rounder. We GOT a 3rd rounder for him, plus a player.

It was a good trade.

My bad. Knew there was a 3rd rounder involved. 

Given how Matthews turned out and the fact we didn’t keep Harrison Phillips when he came into his own, don’t know if it was good but rather an even trade. Darby played well there and we got Phillips. Almost a wash. 

On 12/28/2023 at 7:43 PM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The video vs the quote 

Pretty different if you ask me

Basically saying the chiefs are all solid, well coached players that don't need to do anything fancy

Unlike when you have a guy like Jalen Ramsey where you scheme up hidden coverages or blitzes because you have a guy that you can leave one on one 

Yeah sorry, not when he follows it up with I hope they take it and run with it and put it in their lockers.

This is Bengals fans showing up on our board last year and “educating” all Bills fans about how their team was superior and they said it’s because we respect you that we’re coming on this board and talking down to you. 

That’s the personality of Chase and his loudmouth team. 

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

The guy is more interested in taking smack and playing tough guy .. embarrassing. Your playing football not MMA what an absolute clown!!

I’d still take him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Chase is bragging about his toughness, after amassing 41 yards on 3 catches in a 'win or go home' game for his team.  Sneed and his team actually have something to play for, so why the hell would Sneed fight him?

The faux tough guy act of the Bengals has gotten really stale.

9 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Chase is bragging about his toughness, after amassing 41 yards on 3 catches in a 'win or go home' game for his team.  Sneed and his team actually have something to play for, so why the hell would Sneed fight him?

The faux tough guy act of the Bengals has gotten really stale.

💯 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.