Around the League Week 16

PetermansRedemption

So, question....if the Texans & Colts lose today & then again next week and then the Bengals lose next week and the Broncos lose either today or next week, can we clinch before even playing Miami? If the Texans and Colts lose today, it would put them at 8-7. Another loss for both next week would give them 8. If the Broncos lose one of their next 2 it would give them 8 losses. And a loss by the Bengals against the Chiefs next week would also give them 8 losses. A win by us next week would give us 10 wins and those 4 teams would not be able to catch us. I would assume that would clinch, wouldn't it?

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

So, question....if the Texans & Colts lose today & then again next week and then the Bengals lose next week and the Broncos lose either today or next week, can we clinch before even playing Miami? If the Texans and Colts lose today, it would put them at 8-7. If the Broncos lose one of their next 2 it would give them 8 losses. And a loss by the Bengals against the Chiefs next week would also give them 8 losses. A win by us next week would give us 10 wins and those 4 teams would not be able to catch us. I would assume that would clinch, wouldn't it?

Yes, we can clinch next week if several games go the right way.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, question....if the Texans & Colts lose today & then again next week and then the Bengals lose next week and the Broncos lose either today or next week, can we clinch before even playing Miami? If the Texans and Colts lose today, it would put them at 8-7. If the Broncos lose one of their next 2 it would give them 8 losses. And a loss by the Bengals against the Chiefs next week would also give them 8 losses. A win by us next week would give us 10 wins and those 4 teams would not be able to catch us. I would assume that would clinch, wouldn't it?

we really need the mad scientist belicheat to deflate some footballs and jam some signals. Come on evil genius help us out! 

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

So, question....if the Texans & Colts lose today & then again next week and then the Bengals lose next week and the Broncos lose either today or next week, can we clinch before even playing Miami? If the Texans and Colts lose today, it would put them at 8-7. Another loss for both next week would give them 8. If the Broncos lose one of their next 2 it would give them 8 losses. And a loss by the Bengals against the Chiefs next week would also give them 8 losses. A win by us next week would give us 10 wins and those 4 teams would not be able to catch us. I would assume that would clinch, wouldn't it?

If Texans and Colts lose today, we only need Broncos to lose one of next two and Bengals loss (vs Chiefs) and Steelers loss (at Seahawks) and we will clinch PO before week 18.

So far so good.

Edit: If Colts and Texans lose today only one of them can be ahead of us since they play each other week 18. Browns are the other secured WC. All others would have 8 losses so safely behind us once we beat the Pats.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

If Texans and Colts lose today, we only need Broncos to lose one of next two and Bengals loss (vs Chiefs) and Steelers loss (at Seahawks) and we will clinch PO before week 18.

So far so good.

The Broncos are the issue for me. Can't see them losing to the Pats and the Chargers. Especially as there will be more tape on the latter by the time they play them.

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Dumb question possibly, but we want the Ravens to lose this week so they have something to play for next week, or no? 

I'd say so. Though as long as one of the Dolphins or Chiefs win this week, there will still be something riding on next week.

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The Broncos are the issue for me. Can't see them losing to the Pats and the Chargers. Especially as there will be more tape on the latter by the time they play them.

Agreed, but they are not exactly powerhouse. They can definitely lose to anyone.

And what I wrote was scenario how to clinch even before week 18. Even if we don't, and then we lose to Miami, there is another chance for Broncos (and not only them) to drop a game w18 and get us in.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Touchdown Browns. That should ice it unless the Texans get super lucky

Huge results today if the colts and Texans losses hold up…one of them is essentially eliminated even if we only win 10 since they play eachother week 18…jags losing too would be crazy 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.