OT - Isiah Mckenzie and Tony Brown suspended for remainder of the season

The Wiz

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Thought it was interesting as Lil Dirty is still one of our guys.  Really interesting to know what happened there.

Personally, I dont see him as one of our guys.   I see him as a guy who talks better than he plays football.   Without question one of the guys who added to the hit piece on McDermott.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 11
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but I did some lurking in Colts fan spaces and the rumor is the two were involved in a pretty nasty bar fight last week. 

Wow.  If true he really dropped the ball on his career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 20
  • Thank you (+1) 1

In a league where you can abuse women, assault men, and pretty much be a terrible human being and not miss more than a game or 2, what could they have done to be kicked off the team for the season? I bet if they were better players they would still be on the field

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It isn’t clear what happened behind the scenes, but it explains why both players were healthy scratches during the Week 15 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/19/indianapolis-colts-news-isaiah-mckenzie-tony-brown-suspended/

I agree and I liked McKenzie.  I think he focused too much on his mouth and is brand rather than accepting corrections and becoming a better player.

His trying to break the wall and talk to the fans with complaints about Bills hurt him in Bills front office.

He is a unique talent - see Cheaters game and him playing Lemar Jackson in practice - but it is very hard for him to stay focused.

• Agree 6

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

In a league where you can abuse women, assault men, and pretty much be a terrible human being and not miss more than a game or 2, what could they have done to be kicked off the team for the season? I bet if they were better players they would still be on the field

You left out break a child’s arm…, 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Malazan said:

Anyway, we could get them to say Gabe Davis was there?

(Calm down, I'm joking)

Ooooh, pretty good though, 😂

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Those are league suspensions; this is a team suspension. Apparently, Irsay has established a higher standard of behavior than that of the NFL. 🙂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Those are league suspensions; this is a team suspension. Apparently, Irsay has established a higher standard of behavior than that of the NFL. 🙂

Irsay with high standards. That made me laugh. Irsay IS high. 

All I know is, somebody has coal coming in their stocking! 

• Agree 1

McKenzie was good enough to carve out a little niche and get rich off of football. Still, in comparison to the rest of the guys in the NFL, he's nothing special. This might speed him up into the restaurant business full time now, even in the fall. 

26 minutes ago, H2o said:

McKenzie was good enough to carve out a little niche and get rich off of football. Still, in comparison to the rest of the guys in the NFL, he's nothing special. This might speed him up into the restaurant business full time now, even in the fall. 

Restaurants are a great way to turn a big pile of NFL money into some spare change in your pocket. I wish him well, but the retired banker in me says please be wise. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

seeing that they purposely killed protected wildlife including bald eagle

4 minutes ago, muppy said:

so no one has the scoop tea on what happened here? I'm curious. I liked lil Dirty. This news makes me feel a certain way *sad* It's a terrible look.

seeing that they purposely killed protected wildlife including bald eagle

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Irsay, the drug addled owner?

I know about Irsay's antics. I thought the smiley face would make it obvious that I was joking about his higher standard of behavior.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Mac was a nice WR4/5 gadget player when he was here but this team needed to move on. He really seemed to enjoy being here and he made a few plays here or there. I remember in 2021 when the Bills played New England away in a must game for the division and he balled out.

But the team needed to move on and get Shakir more opportunities and make room for Kincaid and two TE sets. Mac hasn’t done much in Indy this season probably will sign on here next year as a PS veteran guy.

40 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Mac was a nice WR4/5 gadget player when he was here but this team needed to move on. He really seemed to enjoy being here and he made a few plays here or there. I remember in 2021 when the Bills played New England away in a must game for the division and he balled out.

But the team needed to move on and get Shakir more opportunities and make room for Kincaid and two TE sets. Mac hasn’t done much in Indy this season probably will sign on here next year as a PS veteran guy.

With the likelihood that McKenzie was a source for the hit article on McDermott, the chances of the Bills giving McK a PS slot seem slim. He's a talented guy in a league full of talented guys that don't rock the boat.  Only the true superstars get to be jerks and still keep playing, until they fade into being merely really good, at which point they're expendable too.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Utah John said:

With the likelihood that McKenzie was a source for the hit article on McDermott, the chances of the Bills giving McK a PS slot seem slim. He's a talented guy in a league full of talented guys that don't rock the boat.  Only the true superstars get to be jerks and still keep playing, until they fade into being merely really good, at which point they're expendable too.

Did you read the article?

He "effusive[ly] praise[d]" McD.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

They wern't using drugs appropriately?

It’s that kind of organization, they want everything just right from top to bottom! Remember the snap count, wear your socks at the proper height, and don’t leave a dirty bong behind. They demand perfection. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

He was not moved out for Shakir or Kincaid.  Kincaid was not even signed.  The Bills let him go because they overpaid Hardy.

• Like (+1) 3

People are making jumps that this was related to gambling or drug use - if this were the case the suspension would be coming from the league.  

My first guess is that these two got into some kind of fight but would that warrant a 3 game suspension in the middle of a playoff push?  

Hopefully we find out what happened here

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.