OT - Isiah Mckenzie and Tony Brown suspended for remainder of the season

The Wiz

9 minutes ago, Utah John said:

With the likelihood that McKenzie was a source for the hit article on McDermott, the chances of the Bills giving McK a PS slot seem slim. He's a talented guy in a league full of talented guys that don't rock the boat.  Only the true superstars get to be jerks and still keep playing, until they fade into being merely really good, at which point they're expendable too.

Based on subsequent posts, I have to withdraw my comment about McK's take on McD.  

The point remains however that McK is a talented player in a league full of talented players.  He always seemed like a loudmouth, not reading from the same script as other players (see:  Allen, Josh; Dawkins, Dion; Morse, Mitch) That's fun for sportswriters who must get bored writing the same crap over and over, but it breaks the harmony inside the building.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

Did you read the article?

He "effusive[ly] praise[d]" McD.

Dunne did include a positive quote from Dirty but that doesn’t necessarily mean everything he said was positive.  Dunne could have used the positive quote as red herring.  

Regardless, the Bills know what the ceiling of McKenzie is and I think they are looking for more from a WR5/WR6

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He was not moved out for Shakir or Kincaid.  Kincaid was not even signed.  The Bills let him go because they overpaid Hardy.

And they got Harty because Hines got hurt in the jet ski accident.  Assuming Hines returns in 2024 and is as capable as he was last season, does that mean Harty will depart?

4 minutes ago, Irv said:

McKenzie's hands of stone registered with the FBI as deadly weapons.  I'm guessing at last one felony.  

Irv, I have to ask why your photo is of Clip Smith and not Irv Weinstein.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, JohnNord said:

Dunne did include a positive quote from Dirty but that doesn’t necessarily mean everything he said was positive.  Dunne could have used the positive quote as red herring.  

Regardless, the Bills know what the ceiling of McKenzie is and I think they are looking for more from a WR5/WR6

Nevertheless, we should not jump to conclusions. It seems like people who did not like McKenzie were quick to paint him as a bad guy.

P.S. I also do not consider it a "hit piece" to the extent it was truthful. Just my two cents.

• Agree 1

Just now, Peter said:

Nevertheless, we should not jump to conclusions. It seems like people who did not like McKenzie were quick to paint him as a bad guy.

P.S. I also do not consider it a "hit piece" to the extent it was truthful. Just my two cents.

May ex-Bills players have said it is not truthful.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He was not moved out for Shakir or Kincaid.  Kincaid was not even signed.  The Bills let him go because they overpaid Hardy.

I know Hardy was the guy they 1 to 1 replaced Mac with but I should have been more clear that it ended up working out as it paved the way for Shakir and Kincaid to get the snaps. Even though Hardy is a massive overpay I do think he is a better player, he just isn't putting up massive numbers due to lack of volume. I think if he had to take on a bigger role like Mac did last year he would produce better than Mac. Still would have preferred they spent the money elsewhere as he is an overpaid decent punt returner at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

And they got Harty because Hines got hurt in the jet ski accident.  Assuming Hines returns in 2024 and is as capable as he was last season, does that mean Harty will depart?

The Bills wanted to upgrade from McKenzie which is why the signed Harty.  The thought was that he could take a step forward and play WR3.  They put a lot of confidence in him, and it didn’t really work out.  

Harty’s been a disappointment, yet his numbers are slightly better.

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

https://web.archive.org/web/20101217035621/http://www.lockport-ny.com/Features/clip.htm

"Why don't more golden retriever owners call their dogs Molson?"

4 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I got tired of the Irv photo. I am also a dichotomy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

100% the article was an editorial and Dunne went too hard on his take using personal anecdotes to add credibility to his opinion. 

As a result he’s known as the guy that wrote a “hit piece” and he’s currently hiding from the criticism on Twitter and commenting behind a paywall.  

It says a lot

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

Ok that’s fine.  But to your point, just because Dunne chose to include a positive quote does not absolve him like you are trying to do.

But to your point, from everything he’s said publicly about McDermott and vice versa, I think the two have a good relationship.  

• Agree 2

Just now, Limeaid said:

Even McD confirmed the 9/11 speech. 

Has anyone denied that McD took over the play calling during the infamous 13 seconds game?

Has anyone disputed the story regarding Chad Hall? Of course not. Prior to the article, some people here thought that Diggs was unhappy that Chad Hall left and was not promoted. Now we know why he left and nobody has denied what was written in the article about McD and Hall.

Another quote was that McD would make Dorsey the fall guy. That is exactly what happened.  

All I have seen is some players have defended McD generally by saying he has a good character. I am not aware of anyone disputing specifics facts that were set forth in the article. Perhaps I did not see specific factual rebuttals. If I am mistaken about this, please link specific factual rebuttals by any of the ex-Bills players (or current players).

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Thought it was interesting as Lil Dirty is still one of our guys.  Really interesting to know what happened there.

Whoaoa!  I noticed that McKenzie had been a healthy scratch last week vs. Pittsburgh, and wondered if it was a benching because he fumbled against the Bengals

With the Bills, McKenzie presented himself as a 'clean' guy with a HUUUUUGE mouth - doesn't drink, no drugs, "if it happens after midnight I don't know 'cuz I'm not there", talks endless trash to everyone all day every day, so intent to get back to the Bills in time for a Monday meeting after a bye that after his flight was cancelled, he flew into Pittsburgh and got a random fan to drive him from Pittsburgh to Buffalo at 1 am.

PEDs maybe?  I know pro athletes 'on the fringe' can be desperate for any edge that will help them "get right" and keep them on the field.

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but I did some lurking in Colts fan spaces and the rumor is the two were involved in a pretty nasty bar fight last week. 

Things change sometimes, but at least when he was here McKenzie was pretty up-front that he didn't drink and didn't do illicit drugs.

And when you're 5'7", 180 lbs (maybe - dripping wet with cleats on), getting into a bar fight seems like a Bad Move.

At least Tony Brown is 6'0 and 200.

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Whoaoa!  I noticed that McKenzie had been a healthy scratch last week vs. Pittsburgh, and wondered if it was a benching because he fumbled against the Bengals

With the Bills, McKenzie presented himself as a 'clean' guy with a HUUUUUGE mouth - doesn't drink, no drugs, "if it happens after midnight I don't know 'cuz I'm not there", talks endless trash to everyone all day every day, so intent to get back to the Bills in time for a Monday meeting after a bye that after his flight was cancelled, he flew into Pittsburgh and got a random fan to drive him from Pittsburgh to Buffalo at 1 am.

PEDs maybe?  I know pro athletes 'on the fringe' can be desperate for any edge that will help them "get right" and keep them on the field.

If it were PED’s wouldn’t the discipline come from the league and not the team?

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Things change sometimes, but at least when he was here McKenzie was pretty up-front that he didn't drink and didn't do illicit drugs.

And when you're 5'7", 180 lbs (maybe - dripping wet with cleats on), getting into a bar fight seems like a Bad Move.

At least Tony Brown is 6'0 and 200.

Fighting or repeatedly breaking rules like showing up to practice seems like it would be a one game suspension.

The fact they are suspended for the final 3 games of the season by the team is almost unprecedented.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.