Jordan Phillips out -- Should we bring Ndamukong Suh in?

Iraq Vet

Just now, Iraq Vet said:

Can they sign him for a 3 game deal then cut him?  A true mercenary move. Vet min for few games? Then go with DaQuan Jones in the playoffs.

Not the dumbest idea ever right?  If he is in shape, he has fresh legs for 3 games.   Just play him on 1st downs. 

Do they have cap space?

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Jordan Phillips out -- Should we bring Ndamukong Suh in?
2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Or we can just roll with Poona vs the chargers and Pats and get both daquan and JP back for miami

Yes this is the logical move but Poona Ford’s  absence on the 53 is a great mystery.  Eric Washington said he wouldn’t “be ready” for the Chargers.  Why?  Who knows?

All I know is that Poona took less money to come to Buffalo and the Bills signed him to a decent contract above the vet minimum.  

When he was active, his tape showed some good reps and some bad ones - even a few flashes.   No different that Jordan Phillips or Tim Settle.

You’d assume he’d be the next man up but I have a feeling Eli Ankou might get called up for this game 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Yes this is the logical move but Poona Ford’s  absence on the 53 is a great mystery.  Eric Washington said he wouldn’t “be ready” for the Chargers.  Why?  Who knows?

All I know is that Poona took less money to come to Buffalo and the Bills signed him to a decent contract above the vet minimum.  

When he was active, his tape showed some good reps and some bad ones - even a few flashes.   No different that Jordan Phillips or Tim Settle.

You’d assume he’d be the next man up but I have a feeling Eli Ankou might get called up for this game 

Either or.  I’m fine with Ankou as well.  I don’t see the need to sign a guy that’s been sitting on the couch for months just  for 1-2-3 games.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I just listened to the press conference, that is not the case.  He said the opposite.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, boyst said:

he will lose his bend.

jk. with his girth, he has no bend. he has an orbit.

Yeah im not sure why the wrist is so critical here.  His job is to collapse the pocket and just generally be a menace, i loved the fierceness from him especially but the D in general against Dallas

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Yeah im not sure why the wrist is so critical here.  His job is to collapse the pocket and just generally be a menace, i loved the fierceness from him especially but the D in general against Dallas

@Simon might finally agree on him having a decent game and coming into value later in the game. the one play he teed up the sack on Dak you saw it coming.

long overdue for him. buit that's when our defense starts to flourish - when we are up and can be aggressive. i'm amazed there were no INT's. we had 3 back to back surefire INT's dropped.

Edited by boyst

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

@Simon might finally agree on him having a decent game and coming into value later in the game. the one play he teed up the sack on Dak you saw it coming.

long overdue for him. buit that's when our defense starts to flourish - when we are up and can be aggressive. i'm amazed there were no INT's. we had 3 back to back surefire INT's dropped.

yeah we're really beating the odds on those dropped INTs

Agreed on your point about our ability to be aggressive, ears pinned back every plan.  For all of Phillips' faults, this is the exact style of D in which he excels and can really be a game wrecker, in the same way that Dawkins is when he is on like he was against the cowboys

If Jones is ready for next week, a tough division game with the pats' defense playing well and a little better offense, then no.

But if not, heck yeah.

Good teams do that, add players that they may need, can fill in a hole, push them over the top.

Stopping the run and creating chaos on the D line will be a vital element of this championship run.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Chargers back up center is out now to.  

For those concerned about controlling the A gaps.  

We should annihilate this team.  

Yup, true, and ditto for the Bills against the pats earlier this year, a cakewalk-- and an even better team now, that they play again next week..

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ankou makes the most sense.  Then DaQuan in a few weeks.  OMG that is going to be huge.

I always thought Ankou played well for the Bill when given the chance--the sample size is small, but he's not. I'm comfortable with him playing on Saturday.

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Benford 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

Or we can just roll with Poona vs the chargers and Pats and get both daquan and JP back for miami

That's what Browny & Tasker said they would probably do, the depth this year is a really good thing to have & if they can use it to get completely healthy even better especially after Jones comes back .

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.