This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

Yeah, I get it too. It's our choice whether to plunk down the $5.99 for the game on Saturday. I live in Jets/Giants territory too and my choice during the drought was to not see the games - because I wasn't going to a bar at 1 PM on a Sunday and I wasn't going to pay for the Sunday ticket. Looking back it probably saved me a lot of misery, lol.

I'm just getting fatigued  having to figure out if I have access to a game and on which service. And it's not just football. Last night I was expecting to watch the Islanders until I hunted around and found that I didn't have access. I've also watched some pretty crappy broadcasts - last year the video quality on Amazon was pretty bad and the Apple TV baseball broadcasts teams have been God awful.

Yep. It is getting exhausting. 

I used to have a local FM station that broadcasted Bills games every week. 

They no longer do. 

One of the games earlier in the season was not on our local FOX/CBS affiliate. I’d already decided that I wasn’t going to a bar, so I tried to fine a streaming site. 

Every one I found wanted me to sign up, which I was not comfortable doing.  

I couldn’t fine anything on the radio apps. After a good hour of scouring the net, I found some random radio station online that was broadcasting the game. 

I don’t mind listening to games on the radio. I wish it was easier, though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

A recap for those that don't want to read all 18 previous pages.

Kevi is mad because the game is on Peacock.

Kevi owns a Bills Backers bar and has bought Peacock for the bar, but wants to watch at home. 

Kevi doesn't seem to know he can login from home and watch it there. 

Peacock is $5.99 (or $60/year)

There is a student plan for $1.99, for those with a child in school 

Instacart offers it for free with a subscription

If you can get channel 2 out of Buffalo, or CTV2 out of Canada, you can watch it there

AmEx card holders can get $20 back on a year subscription ($60)

SoCal Deek and teef offered to do play-by-play over the phone

RebelBill is hosting a watch party in Mississippi 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Maybe ignore it? As a fellow Bills fan who has already said that he agrees that it's a racket, why lead the charge to 18 pages of dumping on the guy? Seems like a crappy way to treat one of our own,  no?

I will certainly back off on calling out the OP specifically. I get it. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect. The intent was some friendly ball busting on what is a really silly post. I can admit I took it too far. Apologies to OP on that front. 

It is OK to call a spade a spade without dumbing down the conversation from a very specific set of circumstances and actions to "see, streaming is bad. booo. hissss. Why can't you support your Bills brethren!" I was continuously responding to the thesis of this thread which was "I won't watch because I don't have access. And not only do I not have access. I refuse to get access. I am taking a stand against the man". All of that turned out to be hot air. Fabricated. The guy lives like 20 minutes from either of his two restaurants, where he already pays for Peacock. 

You have to see why that deserves some friendly ribbing, right? (Granted, I went too far)

If the thesis of this thread was "I hate all the streaming services I have to pay for" the conversation would be different. 

Your shifting of the goal posts from a very specific set of events and actions to a very general "isn't streaming bad" is convenient at best and disingenuous at worst. 

IMHO, the OP is a hero.

He's a man who's had enough and is not going to take it any more and he's making a stand. He's showing backbone.

Its not the 6 dollars, its the principal of the thing.

What happens next season if fans want to watch a game, its on Netflix, or HBOMax, or even Disney + which is highly probable?

Are the NFL sheep (many who are posting on this board) going to fork over 13.99 for Netflix or 15.99 for Max or sign up for a disney + subscription ?  Really ?

There is no way that this game should NOT be on NBC.  And in years past it would be without a doubt.  Can anyone remember the last time a weekend game was not on the NBC, CBS, Fox or even ABC ?

NFL fans are getting effed up the you know what and the NFL should at least have the common courtesy of giving us a reach-around.

"My best Full metal jacket quote"

You Will Not Cry Full Metal Jacket GIF

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

IMHO, the OP is a hero.

He's a man who's had enough and is not going to take it any more and he's making a stand. He's showing backbone.

What happens next season if fans want to watch a game, its on Netflix, or HBOMax, or even Disney + which is highly probable?

Are the NFL sheep (many who are posting on this board) going to fork over 13.99 for Netflix or 15.99 for Max or sign up for a disney + subscription ?  Really ?

There is no way that this game should NOT be on NBC.  And in years past it would be without a doubt.  Can anyone remember the last time a weekend game was not on the NBC, CBS, Fox or even ABC ?

NFL fans are getting effed up the you know what and the NFL should at least have the common courtesy of giving us a reach-around.

yet he owns a restaurant/bar that is a Bills backers bar and he has the peacock app he pays for. What stand is he taking?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

IMHO, the OP is a hero.

If he’s really taking a stand, he wouldn’t show the game at his Bills Backer bars either.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Yep. It is getting exhausting. 

I used to have a local FM station that broadcasted Bills games every week. 

They no longer do. 

One of the games earlier in the season was not on our local FOX/CBS affiliate. I’d already decided that I wasn’t going to a bar, so I tried to fine a streaming site. 

Every one I found wanted me to sign up, which I was not comfortable doing.  

I couldn’t fine anything on the radio apps. After a good hour of scouring the net, I found some random radio station online that was broadcasting the game. 

I don’t mind listening to games on the radio. I wish it was easier, though. 

The Bills are back in Albany for the 1st season in years.  They even have the pre & post game shows when it's a 1:00 game. The 4:25 games don't have the postgame show because it's too close to the Sunday Night Football broadcast. 

https://www.dailygazette.com/sports/buffalo-bills-radio-broadcasts-will-be-carried-in-capital-region-by-espn-radio-104-5/article_55fd59ae-cb9d-5c1e-a74e-5a584ff6e2b0.html

Buffalo Bills fans will be able to listen to the team’s games in the Capital Region.

Townsquare Media announced Friday that ESPN Radio 104.5 The Team (WTMM) will carry the team’s games this season. When there are conflicts, the games will be moved to WPBZ-FM 103.9.

“Our staff at 104.5 The Team is incredibly proud to announce our radio affiliation with the Buffalo Bills for the 2023 NFL season,” Dan Bahl, WTMM Brand Manager and PM Drive Co-Host, said in a press release. “The Bills are once again contenders to win the Super Bowl in 2023, and we are extremely excited to bring every minute of the action to Bills fans in the Capital Region.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

A recap for those that don't want to read all 18 previous pages.

Kevi is mad because the game is on Peacock.

Kevi owns a Bills Backers bar and has bought Peacock for the bar, but wants to watch at home. 

Kevi doesn't seem to know he can login from home and watch it there. 

Peacock is $5.99 (or $60/year)

There is a student plan for $1.99, for those with a child in school 

Instacart offers it for free with a subscription

If you can get channel 2 out of Buffalo, or CTV2 out of Canada, you can watch it there

AmEx card holders can get $20 back on a year subscription ($60)

SoCal Deek and teef offered to do play-by-play over the phone

RebelBill is hosting a watch party in Mississippi 

Nice recap, Jack. 

I am going to need all 3 streams for the bar, but anyway...

I missed the part where SoCal and Teef offered to do play by play over the phone!

I think that's the ticket. @teef @SoCal Deek hit me up GameDay at 867-5309

But if I find myself in Mississippi I'll drop by Bill's for the Bills

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I will certainly back off on calling out the OP specifically. I get it. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect. The intent was some friendly ball busting on what is a really silly post. I can admit I took it too far. Apologies to OP on that front. 

It is OK to call a spade a spade without dumbing down the conversation from a very specific set of circumstances and actions to "see, streaming is bad. booo. hissss. Why can't you support your Bills brethren!" I was continuously responding to the thesis of this thread which was "I won't watch because I don't have access. And not only do I not have access. I refuse to get access. I am taking a stand against the man". All of that turned out to be hot air. Fabricated. The guy lives like 20 minutes from either of his two restaurants, where he already pays for Peacock. 

You have to see why that deserves some friendly ribbing, right? (Granted, I went too far)

If the thesis of this thread was "I hate all the streaming services I have to pay for" the conversation would be different. 

Your shifting of the goal posts from a very specific set of events and actions to a very general "isn't streaming bad" is convenient at best and disingenuous at worst. 

All good guys. I started this thread with a fair amount of frustration about peacock and put it forth as hyperbole. I expected to get flamed.

The surprise is the nearly 20 pages. Lol.

And I even admitted in like page 2 or 3 it was hyperbole. I'm not actually going to skip the game. 

I am shocked more people aren't frustrated about this, though. That is true. It is rediculous. Frankly I'm surprised that YouTube (Google) isn't pissed. What's the point of Sunday ticket now, "you get a pretty healthy majority of out of market games. No promises though"

--

But the ABSOLUTE BEST PART (speaking 100% truthfully) was the TONS of DM's I got on how to watch the game. Offers to let me use one of someone else's streams, links to sites/feeds, invites to watch parties, and even a text from a friend offering to come to his house this weekend.

All of the schitt-talking is just the internet. I wouldn't have started a thread like that if I couldn't handle some ball busting lol. 

Keep it sweet, Mango

3 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

IMHO, the OP is a hero.

Aww, shucks 😊

I'm not as tough as that though, I will catch the game somehow... Prob not on peacock tho.

But the point remains unchanged. It IS outrageous.

It IS a money grab.

It is a gateway drug for more of this by the NFL. You hit it. It's 6 bucks this year, how much for the next one?

And as much as illegal feeds feel like they are "fighting the man", it probably encourages more and more ppv football games because NFL has to get revenue from it somehow.

I've probably gotten the most schitt from talking about the taxpayer funded stadium, but I will beat that drum every time. When we provide millions of taxpayer dollars into the bank account of a billionaire team owner, how in the actual frick do they not show games over the air? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Heavy Kevi said:

Nice recap, Jack. 

I am going to need all 3 streams for the bar, but anyway...

I missed the part where SoCal and Teef offered to do play by play over the phone!

I think that's the ticket. @teef @SoCal Deek hit me up GameDay at 867-5309

But if I find myself in Mississippi I'll drop by Bill's for the Bills

All good guys. I started this thread with a fair amount of frustration about peacock and put it forth as hyperbole. I expected to get flamed.

The surprise is the nearly 20 pages. Lol.

And I even admitted in like page 2 or 3 it was hyperbole. I'm not actually going to skip the game. 

I am shocked more people aren't frustrated about this, though. That is true. It is rediculous. Frankly I'm surprised that YouTube (Google) isn't pissed. What's the point of Sunday ticket now, "you get a pretty healthy majority of out of market games. No promises though"

--

But the ABSOLUTE BEST PART (speaking 100% truthfully) was the TONS of DM's I got on how to watch the game. Offers to let me use one of someone else's streams, links to sites/feeds, invites to watch parties, and even a text from a friend offering to come to his house this weekend.

All of the schitt-talking is just the internet. I wouldn't have started a thread like that if I couldn't handle some ball busting lol. 

Keep it sweet, Mango

Aww, shucks 😊

I'm not as tough as that though, I will catch the game somehow... Prob not on peacock tho.

But the point remains unchanged. It IS outrageous.

It IS a money grab.

It is a gateway drug for more of this by the NFL. You hit it. It's 6 bucks this year, how much for the next one?

And as much as illegal feeds feel like they are "fighting the man", it probably encourages more and more ppv football games because NFL has to get revenue from it somehow.

I've probably gotten the most schitt from talking about the taxpayer funded stadium, but I will beat that drum every time. When we provide millions of taxpayer dollars into the bank account of a billionaire team owner, how in the actual frick do they not show games over the air? 

I’m fighting the tail end of a bad head cold so I may have to interrupt my ‘play by play’ to blow my nose. Hope that’s okay? 

38 minutes ago, Mango said:

Lol, yeah, I am the a hole.

On 12/19/2023 at 7:43 AM, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

Peacock costs me like $6 a month. If you’re not willing to pay that, I have no sympathy. You aren’t that committed. I pay over 100x that for every single home game and never complain. I CHOOSE to do that because I love the Bills. If you elect to not pay the $6 on principle, that’s your choice, but don’t come here looking for people to feel sorry for you.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Peacock costs me like $6 a month. If you’re not willing to pay that, I have no sympathy. You aren’t that committed. I pay over 100x that for every single home game and never complain. I CHOOSE to do that because I love the Bills. If you elect to not pay the $6 on principle, that’s your choice, but don’t come here looking for people to feel sorry for you.

Plus there's actually a lot of other good stuff on Peacock these days.  Live a little.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I completely understand where you are coming from, but I have a question for you: How many MORE streaming services are you willing to subscribe to? If next year you had to add another stream, would you do that too? How about if it’s 3 more? Will you get them all? Is there a limit? 

Let me be clear, this is NOT about money at all for me. It’s about being told what I have to do to watch a Bills game. I got YTTV for the Ticket, I kept my satellite dish because it’s the only place I can get NFLN and it gives me NBC which is currently in a dispute with my provider. I have Prime for those games. I’ve played the game long enough. I suppose they want to push the envelop as far as possible to see what people will put up with and pay for. I am quickly approaching my limit with all things NFL. I’m watching almost nothing but the Bills games now. 

The London experience turned me off on the NFL. The Jags have been playing in London since 2013, yet the Bills lost a home game and were subjected to the jet lag “experiment”. I think it was Matt Hasselback recently saying how difficult it is to play in OP. THAT is a home game. This affects the integrity of the competition, IMO. Even who lands makes the playoffs, quite possibly. They also took out the good field and put us on a garbage field, the worst Von Miller had ever played on. 

I’m not looking for sympathy, I have no use for that. It’s my choice. I’m just venting that the NFL is pissing me off with their greed. I had a buddy who stopped watching the NFL after a strike in the 80’s. He just got sick of it and changed his ways, kind of like how I have become with the NBA. I LOVED the Braves back in the day, but my interest has gradually faded to where I don’t even watch the NBA Finals now, and I don’t miss it one bit. There are a lot of other entertainment options out there. 

I don’t know what I’ll do in this situation because I actually like Dan Patrick in the mornings. I listen to him on radio now because the free Peacock has his show delayed a day. (That was not the case until a few months ago.) I may try paying for a month to see if I then get his shows live because a Friday show on a Monday morning after a weekend of games does me no good. I certainly don’t need MORE content, and I don’t like being told what I have to do. 

Rant over….for now. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

I completely understand where you are coming from, but I have a question for you: How many MORE streaming services are you willing to subscribe to? If next year you had to add another stream, would you do that too? How about if it’s 3 more? Will you get them all? Is there a limit? 

Let me be clear, this is NOT about money at all for me.

Yeah, the "it's only $6" club is missing the overarching point. If this venture becomes a rousing success for Peacock other streaming services will be lining up to buy NFL playoff games to bolster their subscription numbers. Paramount Plus, Max, Fubo, etc will all be watching closely as there seems to be no limit to the NFL's greed. If your dog craps on your floor and you give it a treat guess what happens?

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, QCity said:

Yeah, the "it's only $6" club is missing the overarching point. If this venture becomes a rousing success for Peacock other streaming services will be lining up to buy NFL playoff games to bolster their subscription numbers. Paramount Plus, Max, Fubo, etc will all be watching closely as there seems to be no limit to the NFL's greed. If your dog craps on your floor and you give it a treat guess what happens?

I guess it's a good thing that you weren't alive when non-sellouts by Thursday of that week were blacked out in Buffalo/Rochester both.........or when the only way to get out of market games was to pay DirecTV hundreds of dollars per year.    You and the rest of the "can't believe we gotta' pay to watch a game what's next?!" crowd would have really been tripping then. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

If you can't afford to pay for one game on Peacock then you really have no leg to stand on with the tax dollars/billionaire argument. So much crying over this... try being a Pirates fan if you REALLY want to see what a POS rich guy owner looks like and how fans get screwed. Please... you have it MADE- stable franchise, salary competitive, great team.

• Eyeroll 1

54 minutes ago, QCity said:

The point of the thread is someone complaining about people figuring out how to make more money off the NFL, when they have two Bills Backer bars themselves.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

All the railing against the NFL’s greed is hilarious. You think these billionaires got to be billionaires by being generous to their customers?  

Expecting billionaires to not want to get a huge return on their huge investments, when it really doesn’t hurt anyone in the process, is laughable. They are just gladly taking the money the public is ready to pay. 

You all should be pissed at Wegmans - those bastards stop selling every frigging thing I like. And they move their inventory all over the store so I have to hunt for what I want, causing me to buy a bunch of stuff I don’t need. Pure evil. 

Is it irritating- yes…. Is it only $6 ….. also yes. I’m going to grudgingly pay and then cancel 

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I understand the objection…

you need Sunday ticket for the out of market games, then Amazon prime for some Thursday games, then nfl network for some Sunday games and ESPN for the Monday games then Hulu cable or YouTube for the locally televised games and now peacock too? 

Just centralize it already

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Love that you had an entire season to figure this out and the week of the game, you just give up!  That’s the spirit!

and the only game I missed in forever is when my ex girlfriend said we could watch the game on her non cable tv in Corning. She was wrong (and she didn’t care because she hated football) and by the time we figured out we had to go out for the game, Peterman had 4  ints against the Chargers no less!

Edited by C.Biscuit97

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Love that you had an entire season to figure this out and the week of the game, you just give up!  That’s the spirit!

and the only game I missed in forever is when my ex girlfriend said we could watch the game on her non cable tv in Corning. She was wrong (and she didn’t care because she hated football) and by the time we figured out we had to go out for the game, Peterman had 4  ints against the Chargers no less!

Glad you got to see #5, it was a thing of beauty. 

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

LOL on the non CATV in Corning, I'm 15 minutes from there and in this area with the hills your not getting anything without cable or a dish

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Let me be clear, this is NOT about money at all for me. It’s about being told what I have to do to watch a Bills game. I got YTTV for the Ticket, I kept my satellite dish because it’s the only place I can get NFLN and it gives me NBC which is currently in a dispute with my provider. I have Prime for those games. I’ve played the game long enough. I suppose they want to push the envelop as far as possible to see what people will put up with and pay for. I am quickly approaching my limit with all things NFL. I’m watching almost nothing but the Bills games now. 

The London experience turned me off on the NFL. The Jags have been playing in London since 2013, yet the Bills lost a home game and were subjected to the jet lag “experiment”. I think it was Matt Hasselback recently saying how difficult it is to play in OP. THAT is a home game. This affects the integrity of the competition, IMO. Even who lands makes the playoffs, quite possibly. They also took out the good field and put us on a garbage field, the worst Von Miller had ever played on. 

I’m not looking for sympathy, I have no use for that. It’s my choice. I’m just venting that the NFL is pissing me off with their greed. I had a buddy who stopped watching the NFL after a strike in the 80’s. He just got sick of it and changed his ways, kind of like how I have become with the NBA. I LOVED the Braves back in the day, but my interest has gradually faded to where I don’t even watch the NBA Finals now, and I don’t miss it one bit. There are a lot of other entertainment options out there. 

I don’t know what I’ll do in this situation because I actually like Dan Patrick in the mornings. I listen to him on radio now because the free Peacock has his show delayed a day. (That was not the case until a few months ago.) I may try paying for a month to see if I then get his shows live because a Friday show on a Monday morning after a weekend of games does me no good. I certainly don’t need MORE content, and I don’t like being told what I have to do. 

Rant over….for now. 

If he Bills were playing, and that was my only option, I’d subscribe to all of them. If it was 10, and it was $600, so be it. Do I want that? Of course not, but the Bills come first. At $6, I question the “love” of those unwilling.

Also, I have YTTV and have NFL Network. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is it irritating- yes…. Is it only $6 ….. also yes. I’m going to grudgingly pay and then cancel 

I understand the objection…

you need Sunday ticket for the out of market games, then Amazon prime for some Thursday games, then nfl network for some Sunday games and ESPN for the Monday games then Hulu cable or YouTube for the locally televised games and now peacock too? 

Just centralize it already

It is $6!!!! If it were a lot, I’d understand potentially. It is $.20 a day. If that’s a hill people want to die on, I question their commitment.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If he Bills were playing, and that was my only option, I’d subscribe to all of them. If it was 10, and it was $600, so be it. Do I want that? Of course not, but the Bills come first. At $6, I question the “love” of those unwilling.

Also, I have YTTV and have NFL Network. 

It’s really not the money as much as the hassle and the feeling of a “this is what you will have to do” attitude, again. It just rubs me wrong for some reason. 

But somehow I’ll see the Bills game, and that’s obviously the easiest and cheapest way. I certainly can’t deny that

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.