Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Simon

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Diggs 4 catches on a billion targets and Davis no catches. I dunno how many targets Davis got but I remember a drop. 

2 targets for Gabe.

Was wide open on the wheel bubble go route thought, should have had a td. Not sure how Allen didn’t see him but threw to Kincaid. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

We’re both pretty awful. Ravens are feeling good right now.

I don't know about that. The Bills outplayed the defending NFC Champs last week, losing in OT and then beat the defending AFC/SB champs. 

Hard to say we're "awful." At least at this moment.  A month ago? OK.

Ravens needed OT to beat a bad Rams team.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

chiefs lined up in neutral zone all day with no calls. it was a joke. not feeling sorry at all for them.

The truth is that the officiating is just so bad in every direction.

There's always been controversial calls, but it's been on a downward trend for a while... and now it seems like every game of NFL football I watch is just brutal.

Is it biases? Is it fixed? Is it ineptitude? Maybe it's a mixture of all three.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5

48 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

No doubt I'll get hammered for this take but....

1. O-line got mauled.

2. D-line fell off the cliff again in the second half. Zero sacks.

3. Receivers MIA.

Pyrrhic victory. We're not threatening the top teams with this level of play.

Ummmm.....just beat a top team with that play.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

I’ve read a bunch of mahomes quotes from the presser and he doesn’t mention von miller being Offside that I’ve seen 

this is chiefs fans bitterness taking a pic out of context and I think these dudes took it at face value 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The rest for those who don’t have Twitter —

“every week, we’re talking about something... It's the call. Just in that moment. Not for myself. To have a flag change the outcome of the game. I've never had offensive Offside called. If it does, they warn you. There wasn't a warning the entire game. And then you make a call like that in the final minute? Another game, we're talking about the refs. It's not what we want for the NFL. It's not what we want for football."

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

Bills offense was back to falling on it's face.  Get out of shotgun and run the ball and use play action.  They're not going to blitz all day if you'r running the ball down their throats and hitting the TE's on 3rd and 4.  The teams time management is still beyond horrible.  Luckily the defense bailed them out.

Luckily Toney lining up offside bailed us out…and the refs having the guts to make the right call in a critical moment too

7 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and Diggs threw to Shakir down the field to score a TD only to be taken away by Harty being lined up offside?  The pitchforks would be all over McDermott, he would be totally crucified for not coaching up his team an how they were unprepared.  Is that happening to Reed?  Probably not because he has SB's and so he gets a huge benefit of the doubt.   My point is only that this fan base is overly critical and expects perfection of results or you get fired on the spot.  People in the GDT thought the two timeouts at the end of the first half were some kind of critical errors,  the first was taken to give Allen his best chance to get something before the half.  the second prevented a 10s runoff but people don't seem to understand things too much.

Are you asking if people can imagine sloppy Andy Reid coaching being blamed for blowing big games?   Seriously?   I mean that was what he was most known for almost 20 years. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How is a pretty ill advised lateral strategically ‘greatness’ lol I still cannot wrap my head around that.  Like that was very close to getting batted and all it did was give the bills the ball back down 4 with plenty of time 

Reed said the same thing but I agree with you, the guy was offside not sure why that is controversial....it happens on defense more routinely and no on says where is the warning....line up onside with 11 men.

1 hour ago, appoo said:

Something very wrong with Diggs. His route tree is extremely limited and he’s not as quick as he was

I agree. He's not getting separation and he had a couple of drops today. Is it that bigger and more physical DB's can knock him off his game?  With Diggs playing average the Bills WR group is almost as bad as the Chiefs.

As an aside this is the 3rd straight season where Diggs has faded at the end.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The rest for those who don’t have Twitter —

“every week, we’re talking about something... It's the call. Just in that moment. Not for myself. To have a flag change the outcome of the game. I've never had offensive Offside called. If it does, they warn you. There wasn't a warning the entire game. And then you make a call like that in the final minute? Another game, we're talking about the refs. It's not what we want for the NFL. It's not what we want for football."

This guy is likening an obvious penalty to total judgement calls deciding games…he has lost his mind 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Reed said the same thing but I agree with you, the guy was offside not sure why that is controversial....it happens on defense more routinely and no on says where is the warning....line up onside with 11 men.

They are like a toddler who has never been told no by his parents and all of a sudden doesn’t get his way 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

We beat the chiefs in arrowhead, in a one score game, and make a stop on defense in the final two minutes… and people are spewing the same crap about Mcd.

team pulled together after a very tough bye week and won the game.

I here you Cray51, but we all know we got lucky, which doesn’t happen for us that often. Me I’m happy as a Bills fan can be!! The stars are aligning, We are going to win out!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I saw KC:

1. LT false start at least 1-2x

2. Kelce: illegal motion (diagnol upfield) on 1-2x plays and 1 uncalled OPI

3. OL holding: 2-3x uncalled, but this happens against everyone and most inconsistently called (other than DPI)

Not saying we played a perfectly clean game.  But complaining about a call that is "unbiased", Offside/false start/illegal formation, is just being juvenile and comes across as entitled.

This wasn't a questionable holding/OPI penalty.  Offside was clear, you don't get a warning for committing a penalty.  You get a warning when you're close to lining up offside/illegally. 

Mahomes might wanna reconsider his reaction.  Plenty of calls went their way earlier in the game.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Two "high powered" offenses only scored 3 points each in the 2nd half!? And against mediocre defenses. 

Neither of these teams are going to go far in the playoffs this year...and that's if the Bills even get in.

Chiefs scored 10 and the Bills scored 6 in the 2nd half? Both have good defenses

Just now, VaMilBill said:

Luckily Toney lining up offside bailed us out…and the refs having the guts to make the right call in a critical moment too

Sadly I never once trusted the defense to win it.  I was actually relieved when it looked like the Chiefs scored because I figured it gave the offense a chance to win it.  I guess the defense did it in the Giants game with the no call.  At least after the penalty (which was legit) the defense made plays and actually shut the Chiefs down.  Maybe they can build on that and we can put teams away in the 4th with a little more regularity.

The only difference in this game compared to Eagles, Broncos, Pats, etc., is refs did us a huge favour at the end. 

It felt like we were trying to lose at times. I can't remember how many incompletions we had in a row around the 2 min mark. 

Go Bills, I guess. At least playoffs are now back on the table.

Edited by VW82

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How is a pretty ill advised lateral strategically ‘greatness’ lol I still cannot wrap my head around that.  Like that was very close to getting batted and all it did was give the bills the ball back down 4 with plenty of time 

And if Kelsey had just been tackled where he was, the Chiefs would have kicked the FG. Allen has never won an OT game. But genius Andy Reid cooked that up in the lab so they had to try it.

Edited by Low Positive

1 hour ago, UKBillFan said:

Not his worst game but nowhere near his best either. When compared to the Eagles performance, it’s night and day. He didn’t get help, admittedly, but some things - like taking that sack in the fourth instead of throwing away and missing Davis… Saying that’s playcalling didn’t help. Should probably file a missing person’s report for James Cook.

Almost any other QB in the NFL would have been sacked 4 or 5 more times today then Allen was.  Allen made a couple of throws that were otherworldly.  What we saw is that our O line, while better then last years O line is at best average .  They were like a turnstile today and had what 3 holding penalties?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Be Nice! 

I can't believe how many people were in other threads this week saying that McD is a fraud, he's not genuine, the team doesn't support him. Gimme a break. 

This team is motivated and pissed off, and is completely together.  Y'all should get on board. It could be special.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

That's what the Jaguars thought last week vs Cincinnati. On any given Sunday/Monday/Thursday/ Saturday. 😉

Outside of QB Cincinnati is a significantly better team with significantly better coaching. Like it's not even comparable. 

But you are correct, any given Sunday. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

The only difference in this game compared to Eagles, Broncos, Pats, etc., is refs did us a huge favour at the end. 

It felt like we were trying to lose at times. I can't remember how many incompletions we had in a row around the 2 min mark. 

Go Bills, I guess. 

What favor? He was lined up Offside. Unless i missed something else? The refs do their job right and we have to take it as a favor?

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The flag was thrown when the ball was snapped.  Does he expect the refs to pick it up just because it was a cool play?

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, Since1981 said:

Glad to see finally see Taylor$ team robbed by the yellow banana. It was a tack call. Amazing play. But someone else get it

Still don’t see how it’s robbed…there was plenty of time left.  They’re hootin and hollerin like it was a walkoff win 

still plenty of downs to work with too after that obvious penalty was called 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.