PFF sees Dotson, when he's on the field, as nearly equal to Fred Warner

dhgold

This PFF chart indicates that PFF views Dotson's play as nearly as good as All Pro Fred Warner.  Major caveat, Warner has played more than twice as many snaps as Dotson.

The chart is fromm an article about pending free agents who've raised their stock this season.

I was surprised by this bit of ostensible good news in what has mostly been a very disappointing season.

Do the All 22 film-watching gurus of this forum think Dotson has played this well?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

23 minutes ago, dhgold said:

This PFF chart indicates that PFF views Dotson's play as nearly as good as All Pro Fred Warner.  Major caveat, Warner has played more than twice as many snaps as Dotson.

The chart is fromm an article about pending free agents who've raised their stock this season.

I was surprised by this bit of ostensible good news in what has mostly been a very disappointing season.

Do the All 22 film-watching gurus of this forum think Dotson has played this well?

I'm not as harsh on Dodson as others here are

But no, he is No Way in the same convo as Fred Warner.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If you weren’t already convinced on Dodson, just watch that play where Hurts ran right by him like he was standing still. And he was the damn spy on the play. Dodson and Warner aren’t even in the same universe of player comparisons. They really need to get Dorian Williams going these last few games. 

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

PFF favors those on contract years

Of course they are - it is those type of players who will pay for their services.

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

PFF also indicates that i cook nearly as good as Gordon Ramsey, play guitar nearly as good as Eddie Van Halen, and i am nearly as interesting as the Dos Equis guy.

Definitely more interesting than Dos Equis guy since he is imaginary.

11 hours ago, dhgold said:

This is very good news for the Commanders.

To have a WR who is also a great LB is quite a chess piece.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, dhgold said:

I don't know how you grade it.   Warner is also surrounded by talented players in the front 7 so maybe... that hurts him? I dunno.  

If Dodson were truly in the same conversation as Fred Warner, you guys would've gotten his name right.

The way i see it, he hasn't been the worst player on defense, but I would've preferred Fred Warner.
Especially considering how we only had like 2 LB's going into this season? (I jest) But the way this roster is constructed, aside from Milano the position group is like an afterthought.

GO BILLS

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/5/2023 at 9:31 PM, dhgold said:

BALDERDASH!! 

22 hours ago, brianthomas said:

If Dodson were truly in the same conversation as Fred Warner, you guys would've gotten his name right.

The way i see it, he hasn't been the worst player on defense, but I would've preferred Fred Warner.
Especially considering how we only had like 2 LB's going into this season? (I jest) But the way this roster is constructed, aside from Milano the position group is like an afterthought.

GO BILLS

Fred Warner diagnoses that QB keeper and prevents that game winning TD run by Hurts

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.