Game thread: MNF Cincinnati at Jacksonville

chongli

Just now, RG Murdock said:

When you lose to the Pats, Jets, Bronco's, (Should have lost to Giants at home). Bills deserve nothing. If they win out, then they will have deserved respect.. If they lose to the beatable Chiefs, just a disgraceful season.   

True. But does anyone else in the AFC really deserve anything this year either? Maybe the Ravens. But that’s all I’ve got. 

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t agree.

We want Cinci to have hope for a playoff spot and parlay that into losses against teams ahead of us.

They still would have had hope because of who they play.  Now they are in a situation where they can steal the 7 seed.

The way they played tonight they are going to beat pittsburgh and cleveland.  

Geez are people complaining about the results of that game?

I really, really hate being happy about injuries, but tonight was the 2nd best result the Bills could have hoped for.

Lawrence's injury is another game changer. How many of those are we having this year? How much should we all truly appreciate our own QB?

I wish they would have tied after the Lawrence injury, but those are uncommon.

Guys, look at the Bengals schedule. Jake Browning at QB? They're losing at least 2 out of the remaining 5.

Now the Jags come into play. Suddenly it's very possible they lose 3 maybe even 4 of their remaining 5.

Hate injuries, but they happen...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Geez are people complaining about the results of that game?

I really, really hate being happy about injuries, but tonight was the 2nd best result the Bills could have hoped for.

Lawrence's injury is another game changer. How many of those are we having this year? How much should we all truly appreciate our own QB?

I wish they would have tied after the Lawrence injury, but those are uncommon.

Guys, look at the Bengals schedule. Jake Browning at QB? They're losing at least 2 out of the remaining 5.

Now the Jags come into play. Suddenly it's very possible they lose 3 maybe even 4 of their remaining 5.

Hate injuries, but they happen...

No. It just put two teams in the race that weren’t in there before. 

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

What is with AFC startingQBs getting knocked out of games and possibly the season?   Jags are not going far without Lawrence.   Should have pounded the rock more but hindsight is 20/20

It's pry short term if it's a sprained ankle.  A lot of pain to go through though.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No. It just put two teams in the race that weren’t in there before. 

It brings one team DOWN into the race is what it does while simultaneously knocking out their Franchise QB.

There isn't a single team with a losing record remaining on the Bengals schedule.

Stop being such a freaking Eeyore. It's tiresome.

Anything can always happen, but are you putting money on Jake Browning going 4-1?

Now suddenly next week's Jags vs Browns game almost doesn't matter to me as far as results go if Lawrence is out for the season.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It brings one team DOWN into the race is what it does while simultaneously knocking out their Franchise QB.

There isn't a single team with a losing record remaining on the Bengals schedule.

Stop being such a freaking Eeyore. It's tiresome.

Anything can always happen, but are you putting money on Jake Browning going 4-1?

Now suddenly next week's Jags vs Browns game almost doesn't matter to me as far as results go if Lawrence is out for the season.

what it does is keep all the teams even. A few are bound to shine through that. The Bills need to be one of them.  I’m not being a eeyore. I’m being realistic while you are being a homer. 

Edited by Scott7975

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

what it does is keep all the teams even. A few are bound to shine through that. The Bills need to be one of them.  I’m not being a eeyore. I’m being realistic while you are being a homer. 

No crap dude.... did you think any of us were looking at this through the lens of Buffalo losing 2 or more games????

Buffalo needs to win out or, at worst, lose 1.

All of us get that. Any of our playoff dialogue assumes that. I'm not being a homer because I'm literally looking at best results for Buffalo winning out OR losing 1.

And I will take a now 6-6 Jake Browning led Cincy win that generates an 8-4 CJ Beathard led Jags team with 5 games remaining.

Sheesh. It's still Football season, Buffalo has one of the best QBs in the NFL, and they're 1 1/2 games out of a playoff spot with 3 teams in front of them now without their Franchise QB.

I have an idea... try to have fun. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No crap dude.... did you think any of us were looking at this through the lens of Buffalo losing 2 or more games????

Buffalo needs to win out or, at worst, lose 1.

All of us get that. Any of our playoff dialogue assumes that. I'm not being a homer because I'm literally looking at best results for Buffalo winning out OR losing 1.

And I will take a now 6-6 Jake Browning led Cincy win that generates an 8-4 CJ Beathard led Jags team with 5 games remaining.

Sheesh. It's still Football season, Buffalo has one of the best QBs in the NFL, and they're 1 1/2 games out of a playoff spot with 3 teams in front of them now without their Franchise QB.

I have an idea... try to have fun. 

dude you being aggressive for no reason. I’m here cheering my team every week. You in like 3 threads. One of them being your own MVP thread every year. 

you all excited the bengals won and trying to tell people they wrong for wanting a Jags win. I’m trying to show you how you’re wrong and you getting upset and personal. No reason to get personal. Learn how to argue and communicate. 

I have an idea... why don't you go play with the playoff machine.  There are not a lot of scenarios where the Bills make it if they lose even 1 game.  If they win out they are probably in but you are under this strong impression that the Bills can still lose 1 game and be fine.  They aren't.  Todays game made that worse but you can't comprehend that because you think any 10 win team is in.  Thats just not true this year.

I had purposely given losses to teams that shouldn't lose with the Bills only losing the Dallas game and the Bills still didn't get in.  Like it really is that bad.  Everytime you make cleveland lose the colts get in.  Make the colts lose cleveland is back in. etc.  Best chance I can find to get them in with losing a game is making Denver lose some.  Jags, Hou, Colts, Browns, Bengals, Pitts are all just in too good of a position right now.  One loses to the other then the other gets in.  So if you want to get the Bills in with a loss it almost has to be Denver that loses.

Best chance... like I said way back at the Denver game is to win the division.  The Bills need to win out from here or pray Denver loses.  The Bengals win made that worse because it threw an extra team back in the picture.  Personally, I think you take issue with my post because you been fighting me on this 5-2 stuff since I made that post back at the Denver game.  So far it still looks that way.

Edited by Scott7975

10 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Wasn’t up to date with thread and just finish watching the game. So the Bengals didn’t kneel with 26 secs left in almost the exact same situation as Bills VS Eagles. With High School legend Jake Browning at quarterback vs NFL legend Josh Allen at QB. Grounds for removal, McDermott 

Was it raining in Jacksonville?

The results were the same.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

In trying times like these, my late mother would have said "Just be thankful that you're not a Patriots fan!"

So, we get Josh Allen trumpet lessons?
🤔😁

Ha. Your late mother sounds very cool. Maybe Josh should play the trombone, with his arm strength?

Or, we win the Super Bowl and everyone is happy as clams :)

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

Ha. Your late mother sounds very cool. Maybe Josh should play the trombone, with his arm strength?

Or, we win the Super Bowl and everyone is happy as clams :)

Well, most  of the clams are happy.  McBean and Airseven notwithstanding.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Fins and 49ers will play in the SB, proving that QBs no longer matter in the NFL. It will upend everything.

I strongly disagree with this take. And the disrespect you’re spewing out at Tua and Purdy is uncalled for. But you know what, I’m sure that they don’t care one iota what people think of them. They’ll just keep winning and laughing at the doubters.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

If it’s a high ankle sprain, that could keep him out for several weeks

If it’s a broken ankle he’s done

They did X-rays last night, so if it was broken, they’d know that now.

He is going in for an MRI this morning.

My prediction is that he’ll miss at least 2 games, maybe 3, and they still win the division.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.