Sources say ZERO PERCENT chance McD is fired

Brand J

24 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

What happens if the Joe Brady offense continues to excel and franchises want to interview him (again) for head coach positions? Would Terry be forced to move on in that situation? Those who want McD back even if the Bills fail to make the playoffs, would you feel the same if it came down to McD or Joe Brady?

Yeah, I think you have to roll with Brady at that point. I’ve been impressed by the offense since he took over. I’m really confused at to what we should do overall though. I really do feel like it’s time to move on from McD, just worries me we might not get someone who can put together a competent staff.  Could Brady do that? 

I posted this in another thread but very relevant here:

McDermott (and beane) are very very involved in the design of the new stadium. Specifically any area the players will be (locker room, warm up areas, training areas, etc). So it’s no coincidence they are both signed through the new stadium opening. So those of you wishing McDermott gets let go due to the team’s record are wishful thinking. However, the absolute number 1 priority of ownership is the new stadium and the finances related to it. This includes ensuring there are $0 of overruns(team is responsible) and most importantly, recouping Terry’s investment through the sale of PSLs. Legends sold the Bills on the fact that they will be able to sell PSLs in the Buffalo market to get Terry’s investment back. 

This is the billsmafia’s chance to make a statement about McDermott. The only chance the fans have of a head coaching change is if it poses a risk to the team being able to sell PSLs. The fans have leverage. If they want a McD gone they need to make sure PSLs are on the line. Maybe a good old fashion billboard letting OBD know it’s McD or PSLs. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

What happens if the Joe Brady offense continues to excel and franchises want to interview him (again) for head coach positions? Would Terry be forced to move on in that situation? Those who want McD back even if the Bills fail to make the playoffs, would you feel the same if it came down to McD or Joe Brady?

I’ve said something similar in at least 3 other posts.  Can’t ignore what Joe Brady has done through two games. And if it continues through the next 4-5, he’s going to gets looks from other organizations.  If Josh Allen is rolling and has chemistry with Brady you pair them as QB-Head Coach combo.  That eliminates a revolving door of OC’s that Josh has to get to know… and it keeps a young, smart, offensive minded coach in the Bills organization leading the charge. You can always find a DC to run that side of the ball.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’ve said something similar in at least 3 other posts.  Can’t ignore what Joe Brady has done through two games. And if it continues through the next 4-5, he’s going to gets looks from other organizations.  If Josh Allen is rolling and has chemistry with Brady you pair them as QB-Head Coach combo.  That eliminates a revolving door of OC’s that Josh has to get to know… and it keeps a young, smart, offensive minded coach in the Bills organization leading the charge. You can always find a DC to run that side of the ball.

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Bills wanted to hang onto McD for one more, SB appearance or bust, season with the idea that Joe Brady takes over after. 

We would retain some of the good coaches we have on staff that way as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

Four separate sources talked? To “The Athletic?”

Again, I’m supposed to believe four people who are close enough to Terry Pegula to know this info all decided to talk anonymously to the ***** Athletic?

Anyone else having a problem with that?  

Yeah, I’m not buying it. Awfully coincidental timing considering the unmitigated disasters that have played out these last few weeks.

Pure rubbish.

I Dont Believe You Dr Strangelove GIF

• Like (+1) 1

I think Mcd mentioned in one of his press conferences himself that he and Terry communicate all the time and that Terry is very involved in the why and why not things have happened this season. 

That may have been Mcd kinda implying he is staying and that we have no idea how good their relationship is..

I am in no way advocating for him to stay if we miss the playoffs.. I just don’t know enough about Pegula to understand what he may or may not do. 

34 minutes ago, 1BD_mailman said:

McDermott (and beane) are very very involved in the design of the new stadium. Specifically any area the players will be (locker room, warm up areas, training areas, etc). So it’s no coincidence they are both signed through the new stadium opening. So those of you wishing McDermott gets let go due to the team’s record are wishful thinking. However, the absolute number 1 priority of ownership is the new stadium and the finances related to it. This includes ensuring there are $0 of overruns(team is responsible) and most importantly, recouping Terry’s investment through the sale of PSLs. Legends sold the Bills on the fact that they will be able to sell PSLs in the Buffalo market to get Terry’s investment back. 

This is the billsmafia’s chance to make a statement about McDermott. The only chance the fans have of a head coaching change is if it poses a risk to the team being able to sell PSLs. The fans have leverage. If they want a McD gone they need to make sure PSLs are on the line. Maybe a good old fashion billboard letting OBD know it’s McD or PSLs. 

Kind of hard for the fans to make a statement about tix/psl for new stadium when they haven’t gone on sale yet, and no announced date when they will. 

As far as BB & McD having input into player areas, what do you expect?  They are currently heading up the football side of the house. Shouldn’t make their jobs anymore secure. 

39 minutes ago, 1BD_mailman said:

I'm not going to lie, keeping McDermott for his architectural aesthetic is definitely a new one

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, major said:

I live in Texas and strangers kept asking me if I was ok last Monday. I asked them “why” and they said “your bills shirt and the eagles game”. They kept saying “we feel sorry for your team, you should have won”. Not sure what is worse: heckling or sympathy 

I was in the Caribbean the other day.  On the way to the airport a guy pulls up next to my cab after I get in and asks to open the door. He looks at me  and my Bills hat and says Go Eagles then drove away. 

• Haha (+1) 1

McDermott himself expressed concern over "wearing himself too thin" if he were to handle DC responsibilities along with HC, but he was given the job anyway.  

Perhaps not coincidentally, McDermott has made more mistakes in-game this season than any prior season.  Maybe he knows himself best and the best version of himself is not when he is being overwhelmed with additional responsibilities he is not used to.  From all reports, McDermott is a man of routine, and his routine has been very much thrown off this season.  I don't think he was ever able to adjust perhaps in the way some may have expected him to.  But again, the fact that he seemed to express doubt in himself ("don't want to wear myself too thin") should have been a red flag in itself.  But what do I know?

Do we give him any benefit of the doubt that perhaps with a proper DC, McDermott can be a better head coach again?   

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I was in the Caribbean the other day.  On the way to the airport a guy pulls up next to my cab after I get in and asks to open the door. He looks at me  and my Bills hat and says Go Eagles then drove away. 

image.png.52777717553301c5fcc250687264cc8d.png

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, major said:

I live in Texas and strangers kept asking me if I was ok last Monday. I asked them “why” and they said “your bills shirt and the eagles game”. They kept saying “we feel sorry for your team, you should have won”. Not sure what is worse: heckling or sympathy 

Im in DC.  I hate that feeling. My boss always brings up if i’m doing OK in weekly staff meetings after every Bills loss.

This week i had the opposite. My daughters best friend, her whole family are Eagles fans.   So the dad and son start mouthing off how the Bills are a dirty and cheap shot team and deserved to lose. I’m like what?!? Now i’m just rooting for Philly to lose in the worst fashion when it matters.

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

This should go for ALL NFL franchises, because the fans are getting screwed.

The problem is, as soon as a PSL becomes open, someone else will buy it. We are addicted to our football teams.

I won’t lie, the PPV games that I had to get updates from apps were very relaxing 😂

I still believe there is ONE scenario in which he is fired. That is they lose out, in ugly fashion and the team appears to implode. Not likely. But possible. Otherwise yes I have always expected him to get another year based on what he has accomplished overall. All we can do then is hope that somehow he becomes a better game manager and more aggressive overall on his mindset. Also not likely. But possible. 

• Agree 1

I think the problem is more complicated than McD.  

I don't think McD is having a good year.  But I also think the defensive injuries have really hurt the defense.  And Dorsey got stale as an OC.  And Josh went through a slump.  

Mostly, I think Beane has not yet built a SB-caliber roster.  With the clarity of hindsight, the Von Miller contract was a mistake and took money away from other position groups.  And his drafting has been spotty.  Overall, he's built a good roster but not a great one.

We can't just blame one guy.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I believe this a lot more than Florio shooting from the hip.

I think this team would have to endure a colossal melt-down in the locker room and on the field the final 5 games in order for any coaching change to be considered

That's what I am rooting for now. Burn the MF down... ZERO? Utterly ridiculous!

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

If Josh walks off the field with a lead at KC and never sees the ball yet again in a Loss, they will have to sh*tcan McDermott on the spot.

Because his shell of a defense didn’t stop a Mahomes led offensive drive?

Wowzers … “ they will have to” Lol

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

McDermott himself expressed concern over "wearing himself too thin" if he were to handle DC responsibilities along with HC, but he was given the job anyway.  

Perhaps not coincidentally, McDermott has made more mistakes in-game this season than any prior season.  Maybe he knows himself best and the best version of himself is not when he is being overwhelmed with additional responsibilities he is not used to.  From all reports, McDermott is a man of routine, and his routine has been very much thrown off this season.  I don't think he was ever able to adjust perhaps in the way some may have expected him to.  But again, the fact that he seemed to express doubt in himself ("don't want to wear myself too thin") should have been a red flag in itself.  But what do I know?

Do we give him any benefit of the doubt that perhaps with a proper DC, McDermott can be a better head coach again?   

You make good points.

But I still think it’s a responsibility he should be able to handle.

Reid, Shanahan, Mcvay, Taylor, McDaniel, McCarthy.

Those are all coaches who calls plays who have had great success this year or in the past. (There are more as well)

I believe more than 50 percent of head coaches in the NFL calls plays for Their team

Edited by BillsFan130

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.