Zach Ertz released, BRING HIM HOME

FireChans

22 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Hahaha. First thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title.

PS I’m a big Les Miz fan. 😂

nice! Same here! I love musicals, but nothing can top Les Mis for me. The absolute best. I try to see it any time it is traveling through my city. And “bring him home” is one of my faves. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

The Bills are definitely a contender, are one of the top teams in the league now.

Behind the 8 ball because of an incompetent OC, but definitely a contender.

To quote Bill Parcells. "You are what your record says you are". 6-6 and a longshot for the playoffs means they are not a top team in the league.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

To quote Bill Parcells. "You are what your record says you are". 6-6 and a longshot for the playoffs means they are not a top team in the league.

This offense can beat any defense now,, and they are just getting started--their actual season started with the 2nd Jets game, a new hope.

So now they will be a bit green, as we saw with the lack of scoring that coincided with their yard total, time of possession, and otherwise almost complete domination of the Eagles' defense.  The offense will just get better and better now.

While you (and Parcells) are right, there is still hope, right? 

To me, better to have that hope now, rely on it, as we won't have that feeling again until next season once this year is over.  And that wait will suck.

20 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

The Hope is for the playoffs, but they are good enough to beat any team right now.  That makes them a contender.

How many teams do you think Ertz thinks are "super bowl contenders"

image.thumb.png.a1b867f79d9ce9aab28a58ac175c35e8.png

Its not clear to me that 33 to 1 underdogs are viewed by objective non-Bills fans as "contenders"

Edited by Chaos

On 12/1/2023 at 5:04 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ertz just knows it will be mid 2024-25 season before the coaching staff deems him ready for the intricacies of the Buffalo playbook.  Ergo, easy money before he sees live ammunition.

He does not need to sign with team - his salary is guaranteed.

He could sign with a team with backloaded salary since Cardinals need to pay different between his salary with signing team and what he is owed this year.

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The more worrying question is, why is this Ertz thread only up to 4 pages???? #doingmypart

Because @Simon is not doing his job merging threads?     KIDDING!

Yeah, I'm a little confused as to why we'd be interested. Kincaid is playing his ass off for a Rookie and I have to imagine Knox will be back soon. Unless Knox's recovery is going badly - it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And yes, I know he has underperformed this season - but I find it highly unlikely McDermott would just bury him on the depth chart.

Either way, with the guys we have in house and our record - I have to assume he'll choose a different team anyways. The Ravens need a TE1 with Andrews having Ankle surgery. I'd bet he goes there.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Yeah, I'm a little confused as to why we'd be interested. Kincaid is playing his ass off for a Rookie and I have to imagine Knox will be back soon. Unless Knox's recovery is going badly - it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And yes, I know he has underperformed this season - but I find it highly unlikely McDermott would just bury him on the depth chart.

Either way, with the guys we have in house and our record - I have to assume he'll choose a different team anyways. The Ravens need a TE1 with Andrews having Ankle surgery. I'd bet he goes there.

What’s more confusing is that we’re interested in a TE after throwing ONE combined pass to the TE’s in the 2nd half of the last two games.  Zero vs Philly….who has had major struggles vs TEs this year. 

sigh

37 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What’s more confusing is that we’re interested in a TE after throwing ONE combined pass to the TE’s in the 2nd half of the last two games.  Zero vs Philly….who has had major struggles vs TEs this year. 

sigh

Blame Dorsey!

19 hours ago, CheshireCT said:

Is it possible and/or legal to run 10 TE sets - 1QB plus 10 Tight ends? Asking for a friend…..

As long as 5 are on the line of scrimmage and they aren’t eligible to receive, then technically yes it’s legal. 7 have to be on the line, but 2 are alway eligible. 

Edited by Araiza Curse

That's it McDummy, bring him in!  And then let him do nothing AND get injured as we lose out the season...

Make the record for firing you as strong as possible, please.

Pegula isn't that bright.  He will need help in this.

On 12/3/2023 at 7:47 PM, Araiza Curse said:

As long as 5 are on the line of scrimmage and they aren’t eligible to receive, then technically yes it’s legal. 7 have to be on the line, but 2 are alway eligible. 

well seems like an innovative and logical formation then....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.