Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

33 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

He'll buy her a new car ... she'll drop the charges ... The NFL won't bother to suspend him without her going through with it ... Von will remain a Bill and take up room on the bench or filling in if someone gets hurt, until the Bills can get out of his contract without having to cut Josh.

Don't tell the truth here, some people don't want to hear how life ACTUALLY works when people have money or power or both....

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't know.  I'm just reading through this thread now and woke up like 2 hours ago.  So far I have seen zero information and a bunch of people jumping for joy to cut him.  If he is guilty of it then I want him cut too.  I just want to know the facts first.  I think that is reasonable.

Anyone who is happy over this for any reason is a very sick individual.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Don't tell the truth here, some people don't want to hear how life ACTUALLY works when people have money or power or both....

Anyone who is happy over this for any reason is a very sick individual.

Exactly.  You can tell the people (not everyone) that are just jumping for joy over this because they think it's an easy out on this contract.  Same people would be hating it if Von was playing at his elite level.  I'm disgusted either way if this is true.

Some guys are turning this situation into "fire everyone" "clean house" "the organization is a mess."  "what can we save on his contract" "easy out." etc.. This is just disgusting in itself. 

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

IMO a full week off given the state of play of this team, yes, was too much.

They have months on end and tons of money to travel the world, after our season ends, which as a direct result of the state of play of this team will likely be in just over five weeks from now. 

Who cares what other teams do.  Do you?

Otherwise, sorry that you disagree with me.  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not allowed

5 hours ago, ngbills said:

Rules say they can practice Mon-Wed and then get the rest of the week off. If Von is in DAL those days either he or the entire team did not practice. 

They have to take 4 consecutive days off.  They don't practice on Mondays because they are beat up from Sunday football.  Most guys are in treatment and meetings Mon and Tues. Wed is usually the first practice of the week unless the game is on Thursday.  This is why Thursday games are bad.  No team is going to force practices on bye week.

I don't know how many of the details have been confirmed but this is not like Araiza which was a large time frame between event and accusation. This should be clear enough within a one week timeframe for the Bills to determine if he has to go, and if accusation is true he has to go.

1 hour ago, frostbitmic said:

He'll buy her a new car ... she'll drop the charges ... The NFL won't bother to suspend him without her going through with it ... Von will remain a Bill and take up room on the bench or filling in if someone gets hurt, until the Bills can get out of his contract without having to cut Josh.

The NFL will pretend it never happened as soon as they can. Either letting the bills cut him and erase him or let the story fade and never suspend him. He is a "superstar"

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

sporac-42.jpg

And here is the cap space with releasing the 4 starters you want:

released.jpg

If we cut Dawkins, White, Johnson, Morse, Poyer, Harty, and Hines we can get down to almost $0 cap space.

If you think McD is going to go from not letting Elam even sniff a backup position on gameday, to suddenly being CB3, I have oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.

Then we are back to spending more draft capital on defense, in a league that is dominated by the offense.

You also assume rookie players will be ready to start and play well. Are you willing to have another non-playoff season?

I would count on White and another player being designated 6/1 cuts. That will kick some of their hits out another year. They will restructure Allen and others to create more space. It’s not great, but it is a lot more manageable than it looks at first glance. 

• Like (+1) 1

I'm leaning very strongly toward "this guy needs to be gone."  I take accusations against pro athletes with a heavy grain of salt, but if it was enough to lead to an arrest warrant, that's enough smoke for me.  I'm open to counter-arguments, but I'm fine if the Bills cut Miller and move on.  What a disappointment.

Also, they should bring back Matt Araiza, who was genuinely mistreated by this organization, its media, and its fanbase.

• Like (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Hopefully there a clause in his agreement/contract that allows us to get out from under this contract. 

We need to figure out how jettison this BUM.

It's been reported that there is a clause in Miller's contract that allows the Bills to void the remainder of his contract if he violates the league's personal conduct policy, but I'm not sure what sort of dead cap hit that would entail.

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

I'm leaning very strongly toward "this guy needs to be gone."  I take accusations against pro athletes with a heavy grain of salt, but if it was enough to lead to an arrest warrant, that's enough smoke for me.  I'm open to counter-arguments, but I'm fine if the Bills cut Miller and move on.  What a disappointment.

Also, they should bring back Matt Araiza, who was genuinely mistreated by this organization, its media, and its fanbase.

Sam Martin has been terrible.  

Cut him this off-season, bring back Araiza and we get out of Von’s deal if he did what he’s accused of and the league takes action. 

All the wrongs will be righted.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

The details in the warrant, specifically the cops identifying her bruising immediately as they arrived on scene, is enough for me to agree with your first sentence here. Absolute psychopath behavior. Don't want Von back in Western New York again. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.