Who doesn't think this team is good enough to go 5-0 down the stretch?

Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Why would anybody that has watched this team play all year believe they are capable of winning 5 straight games when 3 of them left are on the road (where this team is 1-5 this year). Especially KC where Andy Reid and Mahomes have never lost a December home game....again NEVER LOST A HOME GAME IN DECEMBER.

Oh and do I really need to mention the elephant in the room (you know the clapping idiot on the Bills sideline).

I admire some fans optimism and unwavering devotion but if the crushing loss to the Eagles wasn't the proverbial straw that broke the camels back, just wait until Mahomes all but ends the Bills season again, this time just not in the playoffs.

You answered your own question. :)  Even if the entire team was healthy they almost certainly don't win out with this schedule.  

But remember too, this is just football, not life and death.  Those same "some fans" prefer to turn their brains off sometimes and just enjoy :)  I'm not wired that way, and it seems you are not either.  But that's what makes it fun for them!

If I'm going to turn my brain off, I'm going balls out ... Taylor Swift watches the Bills/KC game and falls in love with the team and particularly the road Bills fans. She makes Pegs the proverbial offer he can't refuse on the spot for both the Bills and the Sabres.  Her Midas touch brings both the Lombardi trophy and Lord Stanleys cup for the first time each to Buffalo, and in the same year! :)

• Haha (+1) 2

Based on this seasons sample size, they've proven they cannot play clean enough to win 5 straight, let alone 5 straight against good teams.  Are they capable of it? Sure ... but there is nothing that would lead you to believe they can do it based on their play so far this year.

• Like (+1) 1

If they do go 5-0, it's because Allen is getting red hot with Brady at OC and they're blowing the doors off of teams.  

McDermott has shown without a doubt that he can't close out a game with his defense, you can argue whether or not it's personnel, scheme, or decision making but the numbers are out there. He's probably the worst 4th quarter defensive playcaller in the league right now.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We are good enough. Can we be coached good enough is the question? We are better talent wise by a large margin over the teams ahead of us for a wild card and it's not even close

50 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I think they realistically go 1-4 down the stretch. Our coach is really hampering this team. 

Boy you really hate McDermott, don't you? Even if he had blunders in all 5 games, I don't think there's any chance in hell we only go 1-4

Edited by Buffalo03

1 minute ago, Buffalo03 said:

We are good enough. Can we be coached good enough is the question? We are better talent wise by a large margin over the teams ahead of us for a wild card and it's not even close

Yeah, but we're not playing them. We're playing KC, Dallas, LAC, NE, and MIA. That's who we have to be better than. Without running the table, we will be on the outside looking in. 

52 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this is why this site is busy and people are so mad.

Next game pretty much will tell us all.  

And yes even a loss and we'll all look next to Dallas.😉

Let’s look at the last 5 games:

KC : They been inconsistent but unlike the Bills they have found ways to win, and it looks like last week they found a WR who can catch.. in KC. I am thinking KC wins

Dallas: in Buffalo, and Dallas isn’t as good on the road. They have a top D and a Top O in the NFL. Close game.. Thinking Dallas wins on late drive.

Chargers - In Buffalo and the Chargers are a mess. Buffalo wins

Patriots - In Buffalo and by this point Malik Cunningham may be Pats QB Bills Win.

Dolphins - At Miami and I think Miami sits starters.. Bills win.

so I see 3-2 could be 4-1 but I don’t see the Bills beating KC and Dallas. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Let’s look at the last 5 games:

KC : They been inconsistent but unlike the Bills they have found ways to win, and it looks like last week they found a WR who can catch.. in KC. I am thinking KC wins

Dallas: in Buffalo, and Dallas isn’t as good on the road. They have a top D and a Top O in the NFL. Close game.. Thinking Dallas wins on late drive.

Chargers - In Buffalo and the Chargers are a mess. Buffalo wins

Patriots - In Buffalo and by this point Malik Cunningham may be Pats QB Bills Win.

Dolphins - At Miami and I think Miami sits starters.. Bills win.

so I see 3-2 could be 4-1 but I don’t see the Bills beating KC and Dallas. 

The Chargers game is in LA, but it will still be a Bills "home" game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Yeah, but we're not playing them. We're playing KC, Dallas, LAC, NE, and MIA. That's who we have to be better than. Without running the table, we will be on the outside looking in. 

I understand we aren't playing then. I'm just saying that we should be ahead of those teams and if all goes right, we will be. Yes, I think we are better than KC, Dallas, LA, NE and Miami. But we have to play like it

how hard this team fights in the Chefs game will tell us how the rest of the season will go.   they lay an egg,  they quit, season over.

if its close,  played hard,  win or lose,  shows us they still wanted it.   if the team quits,  McD is gone at the end of the season.   gonna find out alot in the next few games.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

If they do go 5-0, it's because Allen is getting red hot with Brady at OC and they're blowing the doors off of teams.  

McDermott has shown without a doubt that he can't close out a game with his defense, you can argue whether or not it's personnel, scheme, or decision making but the numbers are out there. He's probably the worst 4th quarter defensive playcaller in the league right now.   

Do you mean to tell me that the McDermott strategy of protecting a one score lead by letting the opposing team move the ball past mid-field with ease against off coverage, only to then zero blitz them when they get in FG range, isn't sound play-calling?

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this is why this site is busy and people are so mad.

Next game pretty much will tell us all.  

And yes even a loss and we'll all look next to Dallas.😉

I think the team is great.

i think the coach is horrible.

The coach is going to cost them a minimum of 1 loss.

• Like (+1) 2

I will say this if they get by the Chiefs and Cowboys then they will go 5-0. LAC is a mess, and it will be a Bills "home" game. The Pats aren't sweeping the Bills, and the rematch with them will be just like the rematch with the Jets. If the Dolphins have the division locked up, then they probably rest their starters. But even if they don't and that game is for the division then I still like the Bills chances against Miami. They match up well with the Fish. This time the game in Miami is in Dec so it won't be 110 degrees outside.

5-0?  No freaking way.  The special teams are shaky, the defense folds, and the offense still has turnover issues.  Oh, and the head coach wets his pants at the end of games.  At least 3 of those 5 games will be close so the odds of overcoming all 4 of those factors in at least 3 of those games is minuscule.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Maybe the better question is who are you referring to when you're referring to "this team?"

You including the 5-5 Buffalo Bills under Dorsey with the 1-1 Buffalo Bills under Joe Brady?

I just think this is a different team over the last 2 games.  The difference between the heartbreaker in Philly vs. the heartbreakers against the Jets, Pats and Broncos is that even though all 4 of those games were last second losses we easily could have won, Buffalo really played like the better team (and against one of the 2 or 3 best teams in the NFL) on the road on Sunday and just seemed to have absolutely everything go the wrong way for them to lose.  In the first 10 games of the season, Buffalo often didn't feel like the better team... they were just lucky (or unlucky) enough to be able to have the lead at the ends of those games only to see them taken away.

If the offense of the last 2 weeks is playing, we can absolutely go 5-0.  I think the floor is 3-2, which would suck because it would almost certainly put us just outside looking in.  But I don't think this team has a losing record in the last 5 games.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Since his arrival here his defense has very seldom ever closed out a game and has given up numerous leads. Their ranking is nothing more than window dressing as it points to a choke coach when it matters. My largest issue is that I have a serious probem with his statements to the media as we will learn from it. IMO hes a liar. Plus,l his teams have always been undisciplined and he doesnt learn squat. That includes 13 seconds. 

His calls of time outs for his defense 9 / 10 times results in disaster for Buffalo. I cannot belive as to what this man is thinking but Andy Reid saw it back in the day and trashed him right off the team. 

I also recall as that he just couldnt wait to get rid of Tyrod Taylor and push Mr. religion on his sleeve; Nate Peterman. This coach throws more people under the bus and I wonder if he really worships Satan as this team cant get a break. 

Please leave sir.

• Vomit 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Do you mean to tell me that the McDermott strategy of protecting a one score lead by letting the opposing team move the ball past mid-field with ease against off coverage, only to then zero blitz them when they get in FG range, isn't sound play-calling?

It turns out that when you leave guys open the opposing quarterback is more likely to get completions.  It's a mind blowing concept, I know, hopefully McDermott can wise up to this bold new NFL strategy of throwing the ball to guys who are wide open. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For me the question now is whether this team can go 9-0.  

Going 5-0 to sneak into playoffs is slim.

Going 9-0 to get the elusive Super Bowl is as close to none as it gets.

Call me a pessimist / fair weather but I'm going with the safe assumption that this season, in terms of the only outcome that I care about, is cooked.

12 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Better question is if they play well on offense do they hire Brady as OC? My hope is that have higher aspirations and bring in a more experienced and creative OC. Brady can stay on QB coach and be groomed to be an OC. 

Zero chance he would stay on if he gets demoted. I don’t think any coach would. 

• Like (+1) 2

With the offense turning it around absolutely they're good enough to do it, will they with the with the questionable decision making and late game defense from the HC/DC it's hard to say.

It's one the incredibly aggravating things about this season is that we had Dorsey instead of Brady as the OC at the start kneecapping our offense, and our defense which was incredible at the start died in the U.K. If things had been done right from the start and without those injuries, even with McDermott being shaky as a decision maker, this team would have been ***** terrifying all year.

14 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Better question is if they play well on offense do they hire Brady as OC? My hope is that have higher aspirations and bring in a more experienced and creative OC. Brady can stay on QB coach and be groomed to be an OC. 

That'd make no sense at all, the guy takes over mid season and completely turns a cratering offense around he's either the new OC or he's gone. Hell I'd be pretty interested to see what the offense looks like with a full offseason of him as the OC.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

The Buffalo Bills are more likely to go 0-5 or 1-4 the Bills are toast for the playoffs this season. I predict the Bills run for the bus mail on this season with one foot out of Buffalo to go to there offseason homes until next season. I think that is more likely to happen the last five games. When it gets cold like now in Buffalo and you’re basically out of it the Bills will do what they do best during the drought years mail it in until next season. Some players will shut it down for taking care of injuries so they are ready for training camp next season which will also hurt the Bills chances of winning over the next 5 games. The Bills are at that folk in the road now after the Philadelphia Eagles loss basically draft position. I wonder at what point maybe another loss that the Bills shut down Josh Allen for next season there is no point exposing Josh Allen to wear and tear on his body if the Bills are out of playoff contention in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

The Buffalo Bills are more likely to go 0-5 or 1-4 the Bills are toast for the playoffs this season. I predict the Bills run for the bus mail on this season with one foot out of Buffalo to go to there offseason homes until next season. I think that is more likely to happen the last five games. When it gets cold like now in Buffalo and you’re basically out of it the Bills will do what they do best during the drought years mail it in until next season. Some players will shut it down for taking care of injuries so they are ready for training camp next season which will also hurt the Bills chances of winning over the next 5 games. The Bills are at that folk in the road now after the Philadelphia Eagles loss basically draft position. I wonder at what point maybe another loss that the Bills shut down Josh Allen for next season there is no point exposing Josh Allen to wear and tear on his body if the Bills are out of playoff contention in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

I wonder at what point you make good on your promise to leave for good?  Seems like you've found a second wind after a few tough losses.  Typical super fan behavior. Who needs Phins fans when we have die hards like you?

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not only do I think they can, I believe they will win out.  

Prediction:  We will at least reach the AFCCG

I love the PMA bro.

the one thing we have going for us -- we closed out the prior 3 seasons w huge win streaks, and have had some great records post bye.  we just need to combine the two, come out blazing vs kc, ride that wave onto dallas, obliterate NE and LAC, and deliver cold hard unforgiving justice to the phish.

then, the whole nfl still playing football has to win out, and we have a head start.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.