AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

29 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

F’n bungles. Their luck needs to run out. Playing with that calculator the Bills can clinch a birth before week 18 if everything breaks right.  Admittedly that’s a long shot but you never know. 

There's also the possibility that the Bills-Miami game is scheduled for Sunday night and by then, we might know whether we have a playoff berth regardless of the outcome of the Miami game.

• Like (+1) 4

16 hours ago, Einstein said:

Think through this (for the Division):

Miami is 10-4. The absolute WORST they can do, if they lose all 3 remaining games, is 10-7. 

If the Bills lose another game, the BEST they can do is 10-7.

Therefore, if the Bills lose another game, Miami has to lose ALL THREE remaining games, for the Bills to win the division.

As for the Wild Card:

If the Bills lose another game (to anyone), they would need TWO of these teams (CIN, IND, HOU, JAX), to lose 2 of their next 3 games.

The Texans are gonna be without Stroud again this week and play the Browns. That could be one loss right there. The Bengals are without Jamaar Chase for a couple weeks and play the Steelers, Chiefs and Browns. You don't think they can lose 2 of those games?

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

There's also the possibility that the Bills-Miami game is scheduled for Sunday night and by then, we might know whether we have a playoff berth regardless of the outcome of the Miami game.

Effectively, yes. I got our chances down to 5% if we lose one of the next two depending on how things break. 

20 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Would be awesome if we get to that game, knowing that we at least have a playoff berth, but could potentially win division.  Will make it just a little less stressful….

Best Gif Wow GIF

This is me when I consider all of the playoff possibilities right now.  And then I bring myself back to, let’s just win this Saturday and go from there.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Right, that's 2 loses we need from the Jags to overcome the tie breaker. Only need 1 loss by the Phins, or Bengals & Texans.

The Bills and Jags are currently 8-6 we need 1 loss from the Jags to eliminate the tie breaker. Unless you are saying if the Bills also lose 1 game then 2 are needed. I may have missed that

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

The Bills and Jags are currently 8-6 we need 1 loss from the Jags to eliminate the tie breaker. Unless you are saying if the Bills also lose 1 game then 2 are needed. I may have missed that

You're correct. I was mistakenly thinking they were 9-6. So 1 loss & we win out jumps them (provided they don't win their division).

They're on a 3 game loosing streak & go to Tampa next week possibly w/o Trevor Lawrence. 🤞

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Starr Almighty said:

Only hope for Jags loss is Bucs

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

The Texans are gonna be without Stroud again this week and play the Browns. That could be one loss right there. The Bengals are without Jamaar Chase for a couple weeks and play the Steelers, Chiefs and Browns. You don't think they can't lose 2 of those games?

Also Jax looks bad. Lawrence has regressed big time. Indy is bad. I could see any1 of them and Hou Cin lose 2 games. 

10 hours ago, TheWei44 said:

Running the numbers, currently the Bills-Miami game is the one that will most likely have both teams with something to play for, whether it be for the division, playoff seeding, getting a wild card spot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Running the numbers, currently the Bills-Miami game is the one that will most likely have both teams with something to play for, whether it be for the division, playoff seeding, getting a wild card spot

It’s settled then. The Jets v Patriots game will be flexed to national television, because after all it might be Billy Bs last game. And Goodell is going to demand that Rodgers plays! 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Also Jax looks bad. Lawrence has regressed big time. Indy is bad. I could see any1 of them and Hou Cin lose 2 games. 

Lawrence got banged up a few weeks back, I seem to remember. Could easily be a knock that is bothering him and effecting his play (even if it is not serious enough for the injury report).

45 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Denver is the biggest team to worry about. We are one game ahead but with them having the tiebreaker over us, we could us one more loss so even with us getting one more loss, they wouldn't be able to catch us

Which games will be flexed in week 18? There will be two saturday prime time games and then of course the sunday night game that needs to be flexed. Below are the 6 games where both teams could potentially still be in playoff contention , I can't imagine any other games being flex worthy.

I'd imagine the NFL wants the Sunday night game to be a game with playoff implications, regardless of what happens in the other games. Meaning a game that is for a division and not a game between two teams fighting for wild cards that could potentially be eliminated before the game even begins. I put my predictions below:

Texans @ Colts
Bills @ Phins (Sunday Night)
Vikings @ Lions
Falcons @ Saints (Saturday Night)
Steelers @ Ravens
Rams @ 49ers
Browns @ Bengals (Saturday Afternoon)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

Is there a night game the last Sunday of the season?  As I recall they set up the timing of games so no one gets an advantage in knowing what they need to do to get in.  But my memory could be fading.  😀

Yes, there should be.

Detroit and Green Bay last year, btw.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Bumping - Your rooting interests this week:

Steelers over Bengals (wild card)

Falcons over Colts (wild card)

Browns over Texans (wild card and seeding; But if we go 11-6, may prefer Browns L for seeding)

Bucs over Jags (wild card and seeding)

Cowboys over Fins (division)

Pats over Broncos (wild card)

Raiders over Chiefs (seeding)

49ers over Ravens (seeding, though Ravens are locked ahead of us essentially)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Brit said:

Lawrence got banged up a few weeks back, I seem to remember. Could easily be a knock that is bothering him and effecting his play (even if it is not serious enough for the injury report).

Apparently he's in concussion protocol rn. I have Ridley in fantasy so really paid attention to Jax and Lawrence film is awful

7 hours ago, ngbills said:

Bumping - Your rooting interests this week:

Steelers over Bengals (wild card)

Falcons over Colts (wild card)

Browns over Texans (wild card and seeding; But if we go 11-6, may prefer Browns L for seeding)

Bucs over Jags (wild card and seeding)

Cowboys over Fins (division)

Pats over Broncos (wild card)

Raiders over Chiefs (seeding)

49ers over Ravens (seeding, though Ravens are locked ahead of us essentially)

this is all great but we have no shot at the 1 seed and I’d much rather have the ravens be the #1 seed then the chiefs somehow lucking into it again as usual. Go ravens, hope they beat the dolphins next week too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

🤔🤔🤔

Even funnier is watching them complain about having a tough three-game stretch to end the season as if they haven't been playing cupcakes all year and we didn't just finish playing the Eagles, Chiefs, and Cowboys.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah and if not for a 60 yard fg we win all 3.

If not for several things!

If not for the 59 yard field goal in a driving rain.

If not for James Cook dropping a TD.

If not for Allen/Davis being on different pages on the OT would-have-been TD.
If not for Bass missing a field goal and having another blocked.

We dominated Philly and im confident we would win a rematch.

The Bills enter this weekend with a 57% chance of making the playoffs.

They still have a 60% chance of making the playoffs if they lose 1 game.

Winning out gives them an 80% chance of hosting a playoff game.

1fLlRoA.jpg

A Pittsburg win increases their odds 5.7%

A Cleveland win increases their odds 4.4%

An Atlanta win increases their odds 4.3%

A Tampa win increases their odds 3.9%

Everyone saying they need to win out and that the Miami game is the most important this weekend is wrong. A Dallas win increases their chances only 2.0% (however it does put the division title within reach).

2 hours ago, QCity said:

The Bills enter this weekend with a 57% chance of making the playoffs.

They still have a 60% chance of making the playoffs if they lose 1 game.

Winning out gives them an 80% chance of hosting a playoff game.

1fLlRoA.jpg

A Pittsburg win increases their odds 5.7%

A Cleveland win increases their odds 4.4%

An Atlanta win increases their odds 4.3%

A Tampa win increases their odds 3.9%

Everyone saying they need to win out and that the Miami game is the most important this weekend is wrong. A Dallas win increases their chances only 2.0% (however it does put the division title within reach).

Those odds don't work as well as the ESPN playoff machine. The nyt game is... Silly. 

• Donuts and Doritos changed the title to AFC Standings, Schedules & Rooting Interests UPDATED 12/23 After Bills Win BILLS #6 Seed!

2 Bills wins and five losses (1 each by Miami, KC, Indy, Titans, and Jags) gets the Bills the #2 seed.

I believe in any scenario with Kansas City we cannot be tied with any other teams, and going to the max bracket of tiebreakers. It needs to be just us and Kansas City for the number two, and we obviously win in head to head.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

Tomorrow we are rooting for:

Atlanta over Indy

Browns over Texans

Bucs over Jaguars

Cowboys over Dolphins

Patriots over Broncos

The only one that isn't a huge deal is Bucs over Jaguars. The other 4 games have significant implications on our wild card/division scenarios. If all 5 happen it will be heaven for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2023 at 7:57 PM, NeverOutNick said:

this is all great but we have no shot at the 1 seed and I’d much rather have the ravens be the #1 seed then the chiefs somehow lucking into it again as usual. Go ravens, hope they beat the dolphins next week too

Also…a BAL KC BUF/MIA at 11-6 gives KC first seed

yiu want BAL to E a game so they would be ahead of BUF. BUF loses tiebreaks to BAL

18 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Tomorrow we are rooting for:

Atlanta over Indy

Browns over Texans

Bucs over Jaguars

Cowboys over Dolphins

Patriots over Broncos

The only one that isn't a huge deal is Bucs over Jaguars. The other 4 games have significant implications on our wild card/division scenarios. If all 5 happen it will be heaven for the Bills.

Ya this would be fantastic! Throw in a raiders win over the chiefs and it’d be a Christmas miracle 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.