AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

10 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

They blew Sunday too though. Toney saved mcds job. Very little reason for confidence 

Going into Kansas City and winning isn’t blowing anything and should give a huge reason for confidence. Aside from Toney being Offside, they also should’ve been called for offensive pass interference on the pick that freed Kelce to being wide open. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Going into Kansas City and winning isn’t blowing anything and should give a huge reason for confidence. Aside from Toney being Offside, they also should’ve been called for offensive pass interference on the pick that freed Kelce to being wide open. 

Exactly.  Since when does the opponent making errors in execution negatively impact your win ? It’s often the difference between victory and defeat. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, fan_in_tx said:

No one talking about the Job Levis did?   Had the fire of a young Josh Allen all game...  Took responsibility for the second fumble and willed his team to a victory.  Guy is accurate and has a strong arm...  Let's see how he does rest of the season...

I am hoping last night wasn't their Superbowl and they can help play the role of spoiler. 

Houston

Seattle

@Houston

Jags

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I am hoping last night wasn't their Superbowl and they can help play the role of spoiler. 

Houston

Seattle

@Houston

Jags

I think the Texans are in trouble. Stroud is in concussion protocol and their two top WR's are hurt. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cgg716 said:

They blew Sunday too though. Toney saved mcds job. Very little reason for confidence 

There is a persistent belief that if that play stood KC wins.  There was still time in the game and the Bills might have scored for the win.  I agree that for once the Bills were on the lucky side of a stupid penalty.  It was about time for the Bills to get one.

14 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

That’s the kind of loss that lingers … particularly the way that they were carrying on with the celebrations in the end zone when TDs were being “handed” to them …

You tell me they don’t win again this year I’ll believe it … however … I have very limited confidence in the Bills as well..

Will probably still go down to the last 2 mins of a week 18

At least you can say you were right and be happy,

6 hours ago, Einstein said:

That Miami loss was so huge.

Even if we lost the Dallas game (which we won’t) our odds rose to 83%.

IMG-5210.jpg

When you do the ESPN playoff machine they miss out at 10-7 for a wildcard. Their best bet is the division.   The Texans are done but the Browns, Bengals and Broncos all have easy schedules. 

9 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

I just want to ditto this.  It was basically a downfield pick play.  Toney didn't effect the play.  But the rub/pick did.  

I was listening to ESPN radio on the way to work this evening (penance for something really bad that I did) and they were really talking up the Browns' playoff chances because Flacco was now their QB.

Flacco?

Like I said, it was ESPN...

Question about the various “playoff machines”. Everyone talks about them in terms of “odds” of making playoffs. 

I haven’t researched the machines, but assume they are just taking all the possible outcomes of the remaining games and calculating how many of those end up with the Bills being in the playoffs, is that correct?  

So, in that sense it’s not really “odds” (like betting odds) because I imagine some of those outcomes are very unlikely, for example Baltimore losing out, etc. 

Do any of the machines actually attempt to incorporate some type of actual odds that acknowledge some scenarios are more likely than others? For example, giving more weight to teams with better records beating teams with worse records.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.