We're Going To The Playoffs. (edit: Updated - Super Bowl)

Doc Brown

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Right!  Considering all of the +.500 teams we've beaten, makes perfect sense.  

We barely eke games or against the Giants and Tampa, but lookout KC and Dallas.  

Not trying to make light of you, but these posts that point out what other teams haven't done with claims that we'll surpass them, despite the fact that we haven't done them either, are always amusing.  

It'll be half remarkable if we can simply beat the Chargers, Pats, and Miami again and finish with a +.500 record ourselves.  

Not one of those games is a gimme for us.  

I think the point is Miami has not beat a team .500 or better (at the time they played them) dating back to Week 3 of 2022 against Buffalo - the heatstroke game. 

Which, for reference, we’ve done 10 times in the same span. It doesn’t mean we’re running the table, but it also means there’s a good chance Miami doesn’t either. 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Mark it down right now.  This team is going to the playoffs.  We're going to run the table and finish 11-6.  Too much adversity has hit this team over the last four years for it not to happen.  The negativity they'll hear the next two weeks will spring this team like it did in 2021 in a very similar game in Tampa.  It's always darkest before the dawn.

And if they make the playoffs... who cares.  It's just setting us up for another heartbreaking postseason exit.

I no longer believe a team with Sean McDermott running the defense can win the Super Bowl (which is the only real goal).

The guy just doesn't get it.  His reputation as a strong defensive coach is built on stat sheets.  Not real-life success.

His 2-minute defense has to be the absolute worst in the NFL.  

0-6 in overtime.  Three losses this season when leading with under 2 minutes left.  The Hail Murray.  

The list goes on and on and on and on and on and on....

The Bills would be better off losing out, giving the Pegulas no choice but to can him and start over.  Maybe they pick someone worse.  But trying is better than just being satisfied with 10+ win seasons and losing in the playoffs.

14 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I think the point is Miami has not beat a team .500 or better (at the time they played them) dating back to Week 3 of 2022 against Buffalo - the heatstroke game. 

Which, for reference, we’ve done 10 times in the same span. It doesn’t mean we’re running the table, but it also means there’s a good chance Miami doesn’t either. 

Miami is three games ahead of the Bills in the loss column. The don't need to run the table. 

This is the Dolphins remaining schedule

Commanders (below 500)

Titans  (Below 500)

Jets (Below 500)

Cowboys (above 500)

Ravens (above 500)

Bills (above 500)

If the Bills win 5 in a row, I would say they have a 50/50 chance to win the division. 

• Like (+1) 1

like it did in 2021 in a very similar game in Tampa.

I've been hearing about this Tampa Turnaround, and how each of these losses or bad games is "just the thing" the team needs to wake them up for the past 2 years.

Aint happening with McD around.

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Not with that attitude.  The Bills have had many demoralizing regular season losses under McDermott (Hail Murray, Wind Game, Sun Game, Minnesota home game last year, Tampa game in OT, Titans MNF slip, etc.).  They came back EVERY time.

Hahahaha, ok, this thread has to be sarcasm and I just missed it in the first post.

• Agree 1

Mark it down right now.  This team is going to the playoffs.  We're going to run the table and finish 11-6.  Too much adversity has hit this team over the last four years for it not to happen.  The negativity they'll hear the next two weeks will spring this team like it did in 2021 in a very similar game in Tampa.  It's always darkest before the dawn.

😔 okay let’s say for argument sake they do. (They won’t) what on gods green earth gives you the impression they will go anywhere in the playoffs? (Think early exit or a McDermott defense unable to hold at the end of game). I swear it’s like some of you people have some type of cognitive dissonance or suspension of disbelief. It truly is fascinating. And I do mean that respectfully. 

Probability really

this is the MOST UNLUCKY TEAM in the nfl 

it’s almost ridiculous - we’ll jt is

what the heck I’m in

that team last night can beat anyone I’d McDermott will just stay out of his way.

we beat KC handily in two weeks cowboys at home

run the table

even winning one game of those I feel we get in 

not sure if we can keep the psyche into it though 

• Like (+1) 2

What I want to know and none of us seem to be able to figure out is - Why is that 59 yd FG in the wind and rain ALWAYS going to be good against us? Home or Away, it happens over and over and over again. Kickers make their career best FG in dire conditions no less. We knew it (my family and I ), you knew it, everyone knew it was going to be good! WHY?????? They might as well have tried a 70 yarder! That FG had no business going through and its game over!  .... and if its not a FG make its some rando WR making the best catch of his career over one of our guys. Every time... smh

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have a hard time believing it. This was their Alamo. This was the last stand, hold off the Eagles and two weeks to gear up for the Chiefs to beat our arch-nemesis and rival, then we have something. This was a crushing way to go. I think the Chiefs will be their "Super Bowl" and then the Bills will go 2-2, or 1-3 the rest of the way.

Nope.

The funny thing for me is this... I don't believe the Bills run the table to get in.  At the same time, I also feel that if they did manage to get in that the Bills (assuming the offense keeps playing the way it has the last two weeks) are one of the best AFC east teams in the playoffs.  Who can't we beat in the AFC? 

KC got good defense but their offense is up and down doodoo. 

Allen is Miami's daddy.

Pitts we aren't losing to that team. 

We aren't losing to the Colts. 

We aren't losing to the Browns.

We aren't losing to a Burrowless Bengals. 

Ravens maybe but I think their offense stinks without Andrews.

I don't think we lose to Houston. 

Jags are probably the scarriest team to us as they seem to have our number. 

I don't think we lose to the Broncos again.

I just think that if we actually do make the playoffs that we would legit be one of the best teams in the playoffs even at a WC position.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Miami's more consistent than we are.

If they suck because they haven't beaten any +.500 teams, and they're the only team that we've beaten, ... 

What happened last season is irrelevant.  

The most relevant thing about last season for us is how we got utterly smoked in the playoffs.  

Not too mention their schedule:  

@Washington

Titans

Jets

Us

It's fantasy thinking that they'll falter while we flourish.

A good goal for McDimwit at this point is to finish with a winning record.  

Playoffs will require as much luck as they did in 2017.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Allen is Miami's daddy.

I just think that if we actually do make the playoffs that we would legit be one of the best teams in the playoffs even at a WC position.

is this post serious?  Do you not know who our head coach is?

47 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

I no longer believe a team with Sean McDermott running the defense can win the Super Bowl (which is the only real goal).

The guy just doesn't get it.  His reputation as a strong defensive coach is built on stat sheets.  Not real-life success.

His 2-minute defense has to be the absolute worst in the NFL.  

0-6 in overtime.  Three losses this season when leading with under 2 minutes left.  The Hail Murray.  

The list goes on and on and on and on and on and on....

It was a mystery what McD's perceived reputation as a great defensive coach was ever based on.  

People here talk about how great it was at Carolina where over six seasons it averaged a 17th ranking.  

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The funny thing for me is this... I don't believe the Bills run the table to get in.  At the same time, I also feel that if they did manage to get in that the Bills (assuming the offense keeps playing the way it has the last two weeks) are one of the best AFC east teams in the playoffs.  Who can't we beat in the AFC? 

Allen is Miami's daddy.

Same here - only question is can they get in

if they do I feel they go to at least the championship game too with a new mojo

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

is this post serious?  Do you not know who our head coach is?

Yes, the post is serious.  If Allen and the offense continues to play the way he has the last two weeks.  I'm well aware of McD's blunders but Allen is that special and every AFC team has problems.  I'm not saying we would go all the way.  Just that there isn't an AFC team that I don't think we can't beat with that offense.

Go through the list and tell me the teams you are actually scared of objectively.  There aren't many.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

If they would have won this game,  i would have been completely on board with them making the playoffs.  This loss really hurt, and can tell it hurt for the team as well.  I just don't see a path into the playoffs. 

I don't think they are going to get out of KC with a win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

We have a body of work to evaluate McD from. He’s 0-6 in OT games. His defense has given up last minute game winning drives again and again and again.

Why does anyone here think that’s going to change? Seriously, besides blind optimism why should anyone think the outcomes will be different with him as Head Coach?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I want to agree and can see them doing it if the offense continues playing as they have over the last 2 games. It’s the Defence that time and again under McD is inept. You need both o and d to play complimentary ball. The other thing is if they do run the table, what about the 3 teams ahead of us?

4 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

We have a body of work to evaluate McD from. He’s 0-6 in OT games. His defense has given up last minute game winning drives again and again and again.

Why does anyone here think that’s going to change? Seriously, besides blind optimism why should anyone think the outcomes will be different with him as Head Coach?

The offense has to Ab ore 30+ per game. They are classic front runners 

7 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

If they would have won this game,  i would have been completely on board with them making the playoffs.  This loss really hurt, and can tell it hurt for the team as well.  I just don't see a path into the playoffs. 

I don't think they are going to get out of KC with a win. 

They were not going to go 5-1 anyways and better to lose to the NFC 

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Having to win out to make the playoffs in November is big time nostalgia 

Where else would you rather be?

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

100%.

this team is back and going on a tear. Mark it down.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Tall task but it's not like the Bills are foreign to winning streaks in the regular season under McDermott.  I wouldn't have made this thread if I hadn't seen them do it before.

The defense and game management on our team is crap.  Pittsburgh is 7-4 w a horrible offense because their coach is a winner and knows how to win w less.  We have an excellent QB and offense and we are 6-6.  Our head coach loses us games.  That is a huge problem.  Winning 5 games in a row w this schedule takes tremendous leadership and gameday strategy.  We don’t have that.  And we have 2 starting safeties who can’t cover NFL receivers anymore.  But we do have Josh Allen.  So anything is possible.  (Just so much disappointment from last nights loss.  That was our game for the taking.  And we let it get away.)

If they go 5-0, or even 4-1, their chances are still reasonably decent. From the Buffalo News:

The Bills could make the playoffs by going 4-1 the rest of the way if they win the regular-season finale in Miami and get a little help. In that scenario, with a loss to the Chiefs and a 4-0 finish, the computer gives Buffalo a 53% chance to make the playoffs. If the Bills go 4-1, but the one loss is in Miami, then their odds are worse, down to 42%. A win at Kansas City would help. If the Bills beat the Chiefs and go 4-1 with the lone loss to the Dallas Cowboys, then their playoff odds are 62%.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Great.

Note to the offense.  You will need to be up 9 points or more with 1:00 minute or so left on the clock in every game going forward or the philadelphia football savant who runs everything here will find a way to lose the game for you.  

Or score a TD when you get the ball first in OT. Most teams do that to end games. This team can’t.

2 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Didn’t say McDermott couldn’t blow it

i get what he is saying and completely agree

that team last night beats anyone

mcdermott beat his own team again

No, last night doesn’t beat anyone.

It didn’t beat the Eagles and probably won’t beat the Chiefs. In my opinion the Chiefs defense is a lot better than the Eagles is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Or score a TD when you get the ball first in OT. Most teams do that to end games. This team can’t.

Why go to overtime when the offense just handed you a lead with 2 minutes to go.  A drive that was the best of the season and would have been a statement had the defense been able to get a stop and force them to throw a hail mary or something on 4th down.  

or Davis could have turned the right way and caught an easy GW TD pass.  

Either way the defense was given two leads late that had they got one stop in either the bills win much like the rest of the year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.