What more can Allen do?

ToGoGo

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Josh is a legend and is on track to be a hall of famer.

He got robbed of a SB in 2021 and continues to get held back by moronic coachingĀ 

No, we would not have scored TD. Tell me when was the last time Bills scored TD in OT.

Edited by kkim0904

17 minutes ago, Punch said:

Not throw a terrible interception.

Ā 

GTFO.

Ā 

Sorry for the poor language, but Allen was close to perfect today.

Ā 

It was the closest to 2021 playoff Allen iā€™ve seen in a long time.

Ā 

His offense put 34 points on the board and left the field with a leadā€¦ TWICE.

Ā 

Several times this season he has left the field with a lead, only to lose.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

Go out to dinner with Pegula and tell him its time to make some changes.

Here's the winning answer.Ā  McDermott is a train wreck in so many different ways. If Terry can't see that then maybe it's time to take a break from the stress this team causes.Ā  Josh never has been the problem.Ā  Today he was fantastic yet some want 0 ints every week like he's some robot.

Ā 

Get him a real WR2

Get him a real OL

Get him a real kicker

Get him a real RB who doesn't drop tds.

Get him a real defense that doesn't collapse in the 2nd half.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

I do feel bad for Josh, Diggs, the rest of the guys, this fan base.

Ā 

But, what does a Super Bowl win do for us anyway?

I have Jets diehards as best friends. Should they go, "well at least we won a Super Bowl," when they weren't born for another 20 years?

Ā 

Does it even matter..?

Ā 

Have we been thinking about enjoying football all wrong?

Ā 

Ā 

Ha!

Hell no!

Win the effin big one or we suck and are stuck in purgatory forever.

Ā 

Or, maybe we enjoy having a team? Having Allen and what a joy it is to watch him on Sundays? Look forward to the new stadium in 2026? Tailgating and enjoying pregame with family and friends?

Ā 

Idk.

Is there a middle ground?

Ā 

Why am I so confused right now.

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Not much. With that said, yes, he was solid today. Still, all-time great QB's are clutch. Allen is like Marino, Favre, and Rodgers. Amazing tools but somehow (even when he plays well), his team most of the time can't put the whole thing together for 80% of key losses. Today was an 80% loss game with Allen failing to make a few key passes.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I don't believe that people like you actually watch football. I think you watch the Bills but that's it.

Ā 

I know I'm wasting my time here, but you know every 400+ yard QB performance in history still had a few mistakes, right? Right? For my own sanity I need to know that you know this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Thereā€™s literally a thread where someone called out Josh after this game because his 1 INTā€¦ lol

Ā 

Ā 

I know. This is really embarrassing for some posters. That int was as irrelevant as weā€™ve seen.Ā 
Ā 

Our defense just got lit up for an entire half. Couldnā€™t stop a nosebleed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Serious question.Ā 

He played a MONSTER of a game tonight.

Ā 

And now that he is allowed to run again, remember how dominant he is running?

Ā 

The guy is easily in the top 3 best offensive weapons in the entire NFL....

Ā 

And we are about to miss the playoffs.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Serious question.Ā 

Win. He had the chances. His reputation is quickly becoming the guy who always did a lot but always comes up short.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

I know. This is really embarrassing for some posters. That int was as irrelevant as weā€™ve seen.Ā 
Ā 

Our defense just got lit up for an entire half. Couldnā€™t stop a nosebleed.

And couldnā€™t score on a defense that couldnā€™t stop any bleed. Terrible failureĀ 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

In the beginning of the season I always wondered why Josh Allen looks so defeated while on the sidelines

Ā 

I think it's because he knows this staff will never get the job doneĀ 

The defense gives up in 4th quarters because they know itā€™s impossible to win with the plays heā€™s calling. This has gone on for a really long time now.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh played his ass off.Ā 

Von is out right dogging it out there.Ā  He shouldn't even dress.Ā  Its reaching embarrassment at this point.

Somebody, anybody on the PS has to be better than Sherfield and Harty, sign of insanity is doing the same thing expecting different result, time for a change there.

Thought Douglas doggedĀ  it on a pass on the sideline.

McD out adjusted by Philly's O in theĀ  2nd half.

PoyerĀ  and Hyde for sure have a lost a step each, ready for some youth there.

Josh's record in OT is McDs record in OT too, and his D hasn't made plays when its crunch time.Ā  Ā Seems like a pattern.

Ā 

Refs did suck bad.

Like what I saw from Ty Johnson

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

42 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He could not throw a costly int every single game. He could go through his progressions to find the open man instead of holding the ball too long, throwing the ball away, or chucking a ball into multiple coverage. He could throw balls so that his players don't constantly have to lose their stride to catch them.

Josh obviously could play absolutely perfect football from here on out.Ā  Since he's a machine, he should be able to do that!

31 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Ā 

GTFO.

Ā 

Sorry for the poor language, but Allen was close to perfect today.

Ā 

It was the closest to 2021 playoff Allen iā€™ve seen in a long time.

Ā 

His offense put 34 points on the board and left the field with a leadā€¦ TWICE.

Ā 

Several times this season he has left the field with a lead, only to lose.

Hurts was unstoppable in the fourth quarter and overtime and won the game. Allen was great, but left the game up to his defense.Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Here's the winning answer.Ā  McDermott is a train wreck in so many different ways. If Terry can't see that then maybe it's time to take a break from the stress this team causes.Ā  Josh never has been the problem.Ā  Today he was fantastic yet some want 0 ints every week like he's some robot.

Ā 

Get him a real WR2

Get him a real OL

Get him a real kicker

Get him a real RB who doesn't drop tds.

Get him a real defense that doesn't collapse in the 2nd half.

None of that can happen until 2025. And thatā€™s only if they cut many players next year and go through a year of cap hell. Iā€™m sincerely hoping thatā€™s exactly what they do.Ā 

Just now, FireChans said:

Letā€™s start at donā€™t lead the league in turnovers.

Ā 

Just now, FireChans said:

Letā€™s start at donā€™t lead the league in turnovers.

Ā 

Does he?Ā  I think Hurts might have tied him with he extra TO today.

Just now, Punch said:

Y'all need to get a grip. The question in the OP is "what more can Allen do?", and I pointed out arguably the one mistake he made that affected the outcome. I didn't say he played poorly. He was phenomenal.

Ā 

I understand everybody's emotional but go yell at your dad for not hugging you enough.

Ā 

Maybe he could buy Cook better gloves to catch easy TDs

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is how bad things have gotten

Ā 

If the QB doesn't go for 400+yards 4tds and zero turnovers we can't win

This isnt new. He's done that and still lost. 13 seconds wasnt an outlier like many of us hoped, its the new reality.

10 minutes ago, Punch said:

Y'all need to get a grip. The question in the OP is "what more can Allen do?", and I pointed out arguably the one mistake he made that affected the outcome. I didn't say he played poorly. He was phenomenal.

Ā 

I understand everybody's emotional but go yell at your dad for not hugging you enough.

Ok. Youā€™re a cool guy. Thanks for setting me straight.Ā 

He scored a td vs the patriots but left the defense time. Ā He scored a td vs the cl broncos to take the lead but left the defense time. Ā He let a td drive today and a fg in OT but left the defense time. Ā 
Ā 

but I will answer the question two ways. Ā  One the interceptions are too much he has to decrease interceptions. Ā Two he might need to get firm with the supporting cast. Ā  You canā€™t have the miscommunications, the penalties and he should get on the guys about that the way other franchise qbs do. Ā 

26 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Anybody blaming Josh for this game is insane.Ā  You drank too much.Ā  Seek help.

I donā€™t think anyone is blaming Allen for the loss. The fair question in the OP is what more can he do. The obvious answer being to avoid the game-changing INT in the fourth quarter.

Ā 

Reality is that Allenā€™s monumental effort and big numbers were still smattered with turnovers/misreads/miscommunication in the clutch.Ā 

Edited by Airseven
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.