Anyone else notice JA17 sniffing “smelling salts” on the sidelines?

Desert Bills Fan

46 minutes ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

I noticed this twice, in each of the last 2 games, prior to the offense getting back on the field. And I thought: that was pretty strange for a guy who used to be too hyped up with a “sugar rush”.. anyone else see that?

He’s been doing this a long time. There’s the pre game self induced vomiting too. 

odd dude 

It's very common in the NFL and NHL. what I don't understand is why some coaches use them too. Adam Gase used to, and just last night I saw one of the Sabres asst coaches hitting one a few times. Not sure why they would need them, unless they're hooked on them. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

It's very common in the NFL and NHL. what I don't understand is why some coaches use them too. Adam Gase used to, and just last night I saw one of the Sabres asst coaches hitting one a few times. Not sure why they would need them, unless they're hooked on them. 

I don't think thats what Gase was using

adam-gase-crazy-eyes-jets-meme.jpg?resiz

Dw5OSP0UYAE1dG1?format=jpg&name=small

Dw-kezeWoAIfysC?format=jpg&name=small

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Random tangential story:  For the Dolphins game this year we got on the field after the game (my son got passes for doing one of the promos on the jumbo) and there were a bunch of those broken smelling salts things on the field.  I assume it was during TOs - was something I was not expecting at all

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I saw that earlier this season at a game too. Mittelstadt would do one before the start of each period, then he'd give it to the assistant coach to finish off. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Was it the one that looks like Fred Flintstone, or the one that always looks hung over?

Mr. Fred Flinstone. Lol

1 hour ago, FergusontoButler said:

I saw that earlier this season at a game too. Mittelstadt would do one before the start of each period, then he'd give it to the assistant coach to finish off. 

They pass em around like crack pipes

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

He's been doing this forever...I read an article on smelling salts and nfl games years ago, let me see if I can find it.

I think this was the article I had read:

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseSalts/ezekiel-elliott-clay-matthews-just-the-nfl-smelling-salt-users

Thanks for the link.
And thanks to all who replied and got me up to speed on this. I had never noticed this before this season.

7 hours ago, Desert Bills Fan said:

I noticed this twice, in each of the last 2 games, prior to the offense getting back on the field. And I thought: that was pretty strange for a guy who used to be too hyped up with a “sugar rush”.. anyone else see that?

NFL players in general have been doing this for year. Clear airways. breathe oxygen better.. wakes u up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.