Road to the Playoffs

steven50

I know its all doom and gloom but I'm gonna try a little glass half full post.

One of the roads to the playoffs is through winning the AFC east, wild card might be out of the picture now. If we beat the Jets, Fins Pats, and chargers we would finish the season at 9-8

I can see Miami losing to:  Cowboys, Ravens, Bills maybe raiders and or titans (and  splitting with Jets) which would finish them at 9 -8 (although if they split with the Jets AND lose to the raiders/titans that would be 8-8)

We win Tie Breaker if both finish 9-8.

Playoffs.

What do you think are the odds?

Edited by steven50
  • Vomit 2
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Dislike 1

I think 10-7 is still on the menu for the Bills.  Our losses, while they are to bad teams, are all close.  We're not getting blown out by anyone.

I don't buy the conventional wisdom that the Eagles & Chiefs are both automatic losses. I think we match up okay w/ Philly, and the Chiefs are beatable this year. I'd give us one of those.

I see our 2nd loss as probably the Chargers.  Away, and the west coast trip is always a bit tough.

3rd potential loss against the Phins.  But I can see us entering that game w/ a chance at the division.

Maybe I'm discounting Dallas, but I like our chances in that one at home - since it's not a night game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Miami is NOT losing to the Titans.   Full stop.

still have two Jets games and Raiders. I dont think they will beat the Jets twice and I think they will lose vs raiders. Same outcome

Edited by steven50
wrong spelling

gah this is so reminiscent of the drought years when we had to go to advanced calculus starting in late october to find a path to the playoffs. 

Let's go on and prepare ourselves mentally to be fully out of the playoff picture next week.   Once they lose to the Jets, i'm sure they'll pull one out of their azzes against one of the good teams we have on the schedule, and maybe 1 or 2 more just to move us out of contention for a difference making WR in the draft but this is a bad team with a bad coach, an old, slow and broken D, special teams that define the word 'special', and a QB that needs some serious counseling

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

You know,  a thread like this should be for fans who still have a bit of hope to discuss realistic scenarios where the Bills could still get into the playoffs.

I get that other fans are frustrated and have given up - and I don't blame them - but what point is there in just hopping on here to ridicule the idea?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I'm not even sure I want to watch this current iteration of the Bills go to the postseason again.

God only knows what kind of horrific choke job they'd manage to pull out of their hats in a playoff game.

Some bizarre variation on 'Stay In Your Lane' - 'Home Run Throwback', with a phone call from NYC overruling the field officials.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

You know,  a thread like this should be for fans who still have a bit of hope to discuss realistic scenarios where the Bills could still get into the playoffs.

I get that other fans are frustrated and have given up - and I don't blame them - but what point is there in just hopping on here to ridicule the idea?

Because it's an idea worthy of ridicule, and I mean that in the nicest possible way

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, dorquemada said:

Because it's an idea worthy of ridicule, and I mean that in the nicest possible way

So, they have ZERO chance of making the playoffs? None at all?

I get thinking it's slim.  I think it's slim.  But there are scenarios and possibilities - and we're not even at a point where the math starts getting insane and you need all kinds of outcomes & other teams to win or lose.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Playoffs.

What do you think are the odds?

Being serious, slim and none. If they can’t win the games they should win, they have no chance against teams that are better than them. In all honesty, they should have lost vs the Giants, and they were lucky as heck to get the W vs Tampa Bay. Did you see what the Cowboys did to the Giants the other day? You think the Bills can beat them!? Anything is *possible*, but it’s not realistic. I think they win 3 more games, at the most.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

So that's what you do with your day? Lurk on the internet looking for things to ridicule? Sounds sad.

You think the dolphins will beat the jets twice and beat the raiders?

4 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Being serious, slim and none. If they can’t win the games they should win, they have no chance against teams that are better than them. In all honesty, they should have lost vs the Giants, and they were lucky as heck to get the W vs Tampa Bay. Did you see what the Cowboys did to the Giants the other day? You think the Bills can beat them!? Anything is *possible*, but it’s not realistic. I think they win 3 more games, at the most.

I didn't say anything about beating the cowboys I said Jets, Fins Pats, and chargers

1 minute ago, Success said:

So, they have ZERO chance of making the playoffs? None at all?

I get thinking it's slim.  I think it's slim.  But there are scenarios and possibilities - and we're not even at a point where the math starts getting insane and you need all kinds of outcomes & other teams to win or lose.

Yeah ok you got me on a technicality.  They have a non-zero chance at the playoffs.  I also have a non-zero chance of winning powerball

The reason why people are clowning on this is because the Bills arent going on some miraculous winning streak.  they aren't built that way, and the team leaders are all sulking instead of demanding accountability from each other and the organization.  McD will clap his way through it, dont worry. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, steven50 said:

So that's what you do with your day? Lurk on the internet looking for things to ridicule? Sounds sad.

You think the dolphins will beat the jets twice and beat the raiders?

"Lurking on the internet"  yes I have never been on this site before but the cool kids said there was lots of sadness here today so i made an account and here i am

• Haha (+1) 2

Just sold all my tickets to the Jets game and as soon as that one is over, we can start thinking about the draft. This team does not have one strength, and right now, that includes Allen. I have a bad feeling we will never see the type of play from him that we saw in 2021. We had our chance and now, it's time to build a stronger team around him. 17 can no longer carry a team like he did in the past and the sooner people realize that, the easier it will be on expectations for the future. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.