Josh Allen 177 yards and 2 INTs

Low Positive

55 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bills didn’t lose because of 12 men on a missed FG. We lost because the QB played poorly against a bad defense. I’m not saying to trade the guy, but that’s not good enough. Other franchise QBs don’t have games like that. Burrow threw for over 300 in his loss on Sunday. Mahomes doesn’t have games like this. Even Herbert doesn’t have games like this. He clearly saw a sport’s psychologist this offseason (low positive is right from those people) and it’s messing with his head. But in the end, I’m not sure he cares.

That is twice this year Allen has left the field with under 2:00 in the 4th with the lead only to have McDummies defense crap the bed and lose it. No choice but to fire the coach!

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I’ve been reluctant to condemn Josh’s play, always looking for organizational shortcomings, but he looked lost and desperate last night. His decision making and accuracy has become an issue and his confidence looks for the first time, to be in crisis. Whether it’s his life outside of football distracting him or conflicts with coaches, he’s not the same mega talented Josh. He’s hurting the team and our HC has to take responsibility. A great QB should thrive in a system and clearly he’s broken.

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't lose my mind if the Bills traded Josh Allen...Also don't care if they keep him.  He's a 50/50 QB.  At some point everyone has to get honest with themselves and realize that Josh Allen is not elite.  He's a good QB with a ton of talent, but doesn't actively work to refine and grow.  He relies on talent alone and that is not solid plan to be a consistent contributor on a team.

If I was given a choice, I would take Mahomes (obviously), Burrow and Herbert over JA.  You can even argue that Lamar is a step above Allen.  Chit, I would take Tom Brady right now over JA.  Unless JA does a complete about face on his decision making...He is not Elite....He's just dumb.

• Vomit 1

Josh is a problem. But it’s time to tear the whole thing down and rebuild around the franchise QB. At this point it doesn’t matter who is making who look bad, play bad, whatever. It’s bad at the moment and somebody else needs to come in. 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

One line I can't take anymore, "We are WASTING someone as talented as Josh Allen."  Allen has elite physical traits, but he does not think the game or have the preparation of an elite QB.  Allen's early success was much about the schedule we played and the league playing "prove it" with Allen.  Now teams know how to mentally confuse him, and he isn't capable of fixing that.  Allen is part of the problem, stop acting like he isn't.

I understand and it's fair enough.  But, at the end, i really think it's coaching.

Most of the teams in the NFL dream about having a QB like Allen. 

When you have that kind of QB, you have to know how to coach him.

He is confused? He isnt capable of fixing that? Where's the coach???

I really think we are wasting someone as talented as Josh Allen.  I really think we have an incredible horse in our stable...but nobody seems to know how to ride him in this staff. We cant be in the head of our players, but it is written in the face of our best players they dont really know what's happen there. 

So many high picks and cap space on defense...If you need an average game manager as your QB for your gameplan and the way you want to play, you really waist someone as talented as Josh Allen.

Maybe i'm wrong, maybe you're right...but one thing is sure: If we change nothing, we'll never know and we will stay right where we are.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bills didn’t lose because of 12 men on a missed FG. We lost because the QB played poorly against a bad defense. I’m not saying to trade the guy, but that’s not good enough. Other franchise QBs don’t have games like that. Burrow threw for over 300 in his loss on Sunday. Mahomes doesn’t have games like this. Even Herbert doesn’t have games like this. He clearly saw a sport’s psychologist this offseason (low positive is right from those people) and it’s messing with his head. But in the end, I’m not sure he cares.

ELITE

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

It’s sad the D balled out.  They had great aggression and kept us in it.  

Why can’t we fire on all cylinders at the same time?!   Dejected. Ugh 

Was this from this week or last week or the week before ? This is becoming a repeat every week ...

I don’t want to be dramatic but is Josh turning into Carson Wentz?  He Lit the league on fire first few seasons and then the wheels just fell off.  

Hopefully that’s not the case and a new staff can get the old josh back.  The comparisons are similar, small time school, tough athletic quarterbacks.  Played mvp caliber ball early in their careers but can be careless with turnovers both willing to risk everything for the team etc..

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Something in Josh has changed & they or he needs to get it figured out screw the stats that say he's doing good i want the old Josh back !! 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

To be fair the 2 picks were on Davis/Kincaid.  Gotta catch those 

We went run heavy cause why not? They couldn't stop it. 17 wasn't great but gave us the lead with the d needing 1 stop to win. 

edit- I realize 1 int was on Josh. His turnover ratio is getting ridiculous 

Ball security has never really been a priority with Josh, two interceptions and a fumble in this game alone, add in that the OC lacks situational in game skills in his play calling ability, yes we have players out injured on defense, and that matters, yet the D had three sacks in the game, the offense has no such excuses, the QBs head is not in the game, and it shows, player execution on offense is questionable as well, it all falls on the guys running the show, HC/DC, OC and their staffs, jmo, frustrating as hell to say the least, has the time come for a change? 

GO BILLS!!!

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

And a fumble.

2 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Good post I’m glad I read it before the thread is deleted 

2 hours ago, MPT said:

Burrow looked like this the first month of the season. Mahomes looked like this last week against the same team. Herbert looked like this against the Jets two weeks ago. 

It happens. It's still mostly Allen's fault, but we could have run the ball literally every snap on offense and won this game easily.

Dorsey can't game plan or play call worth a damn.

Mahomes shouldn’t have played because he was as sick as a dog..  Burrow is having a tough year which isn’t helped by his top WR being hurt. Umm the Chargers destroyed the Jets but the Jets are a top 3 D and make most QBs look bad.  Sadly for them they have. The worst QB not named Jones in the NFL.

1 hour ago, iccrewman112 said:

They did against Miami in week 4

Great.

Why has it only occurred once this season?   THAT is the million dollar question.

1 hour ago, Mynamemike said:

don’t want to be dramatic but is Josh turning into Carson Wentz?

Crazy!

EXACTLY what WGR was talking about this morning!  

You don't go from 2020-21 and even 22 Allen to this without there being major scheme and coaching issues.

Dorsey has screwed up Allen, they've taken away his improvisation and ability to keep defenses honest with the run. His passing schemes are awful. 

• Agree 1

177 with 2 ints is just who he is right now. His processing has been poor all season and he has not looked great thus far. I get flack for saying I don't think he's working hard, but I don't think he is. He has said he doesn't like to watch a lot of tape because he prefers to react to things on the field, he has also stated publicly that he uses the offseason to rest and heal and not to do a lot of physical training - these are not franchise QB answers. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

I wouldn't lose my mind if the Bills traded Josh Allen...Also don't care if they keep him.  He's a 50/50 QB.  At some point everyone has to get honest with themselves and realize that Josh Allen is not elite.  He's a good QB with a ton of talent, but doesn't actively work to refine and grow.  He relies on talent alone and that is not solid plan to be a consistent contributor on a team.

If I was given a choice, I would take Mahomes (obviously), Burrow and Herbert over JA.  You can even argue that Lamar is a step above Allen.  Chit, I would take Tom Brady right now over JA.  Unless JA does a complete about face on his decision making...He is not Elite....He's just dumb.

You people are simply insane. Simply insane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Nope.  Those “drops” were on Josh.  He has always been a “see it throw it” guy but it’s at another level this year.  He is so uninterested pre-snap that he is forced to process everything on the fly.  By the time he finally sees it, he often has to throw it with so much zip that it makes it nearly impossible for his receivers, crazy bounces happen, etc.  Josh is a huge problem this year and it’s his lack of preparation and work before the ball is snapped.

Of course, it would’ve helped to sign a savvy veteran receiver who happens to have the strongest hands in the entire NFL, but Beane didn’t want to shell out another $2m/year or whatever for DHop.  

I’d fire all of them.

Now we are just going to extreme levels to find blame.....

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

You don't go from 2020-21 and even 22 Allen to this without there being major scheme and coaching issues.

Dorsey has screwed up Allen, they've taken away his improvisation and ability to keep defenses honest with the run. His passing schemes are awful. 

all of this 100%

will a new staff be able to bring it back in a single season???

3 hours ago, Low Positive said:

We lost because the Broncos kicker missed a kick and got to rekick it because of a ridiculous 12 men on the field penalty. Had that not happened, the final score would have been 22-21 Bills. I hate to break that to you

Edited by Buffalo03

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

I fully billeve that McClapster has meddled in this offense and broken it.  Josh looked clocked out last night...

Josh has a look of panic on his face at all times this year, I'd love to see him look calm like in previous years but he might be broken at this point. I would be too with this team.

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

The first pick was on Davis, but the second pick was 100% on Allen. For the second week in a row he got picked on a late/misplaced throw to the “honey hole” against cover 2. 

It is so alarming to me how many of these INT’s he has thrown just this year.  He cannot figure this out for whatever reason.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

We lost because the Broncos kicker missed a kick and got to rekick it because of a ridiculous 12 men on the field penalty. Had that not happened, the final score would have been 22-21 Bills. I hate to break that to you

We will lose a lot of games if our strategy is to hope that kickers botch 2 PATs and miss game winning 40 yarders.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

It is so alarming to me how many of these INT’s he has thrown just this year.  He cannot figure this out for whatever reason.

He easily could have had 2 more INTs.  I don't know what the f@#$ he is even looking at.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Mahomes shouldn’t have played because he was as sick as a dog..  Burrow is having a tough year which isn’t helped by his top WR being hurt. Umm the Chargers destroyed the Jets but the Jets are a top 3 D and make most QBs look bad.  Sadly for them they have. The worst QB not named Jones in the NFL.

Yeah, that's what I said. And Chase has been healthy all year up until last week.

Herbert had a 65.4 Rating against the Jets. The Chargers destroyed them but it was in spite of Herbert's performance not because of it.

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Yeah, that's what I said. And Chase has been healthy all year up until last week.

Herbert had a 65.4 Rating against the Jets. The Chargers destroyed them but it was in spite of Herbert's performance not because of it.

My point about Herbert is good teams, like the Bills, should destroy teams even when the QB is having a tough day. 

Chase hasn’t been getting open like he usually does, I am thinking that’s because without Higgins he is getting all the attention thus making Burrows hold the ball a bit longer..

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

McJaron

mcjar.jpg

Jauron was better  No talent yet we always were "mediocre"  I don't remember the total collapses under Dick  We either got blown out by lack of talent or hung in there in one score games  McDermott got gifted a unicorn qb and still cant keep shooting himself in the foot

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Sure they did ... Broncos snap ball, kicker kicks ball, ball goes wide right, game is over Bills win. But no, I understand how hard it is to count to 12 with shoes on your feet, but that's somebody's job to make sure that 11 players are all that are on the field.

Coaching blunders everywhere, players that seem disinterested or just plain lost in space, the field littered with yellow laundry every game... Mock draft season has come early.

5 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Josh had a bad game but the Denver Defense is not bad.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.