Josh Allen 177 yards and 2 INTs

Low Positive

25 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bills didn’t lose because of 12 men on a missed FG. We lost because the QB played poorly against a bad defense. I’m not saying to trade the guy, but that’s not good enough. Other franchise QBs don’t have games like that. Burrow threw for over 300 in his loss on Sunday. Mahomes doesn’t have games like this. Even Herbert doesn’t have games like this. He clearly saw a sport’s psychologist this offseason (low positive is right from those people) and it’s messing with his head. But in the end, I’m not sure he cares.

Let's not forget the near interception at the start of the game. Plus another bad pass into coverage.

What's curious is the last several interceptions or near-interceptions occurred on the exact same sideline pattern. What I wonder is 1) is Josh's shoulder more injured than they are letting on, and 2) why do they keep calling that play?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The first pick was on Davis, but the second pick was 100% on Allen. For the second week in a row he got picked on a late/misplaced throw to the “honey hole” against cover 2. 

you're right. I remember it now. thanks. He hit Diggs last week on similar throw. But way to risky. For some reason i thought Kincaid had a drop lead to a pick

• Like (+1) 1

Other QB’s have these games. I think that’s a bit of a reach that they don’t. I get it. The way we lost this one feels so brutal. Josh just has too many turnover though. Both the hand off and the INT was on him. The Allen roller coaster as too many ups and downs. Our QB has a decision making problem. But I’d rather have this than Pennington. 

A few quotes from Aikman and the Manningcast. 

- “That interception was on Josh. I know it Josh knows it. Every QB in the NFL knows it” - Troy Aikman

-If you have to throw it that hard it makes you wonder if you should throw it at all” -Peyton Manning

-“I’m a guy whose thrown a lot of interceptions, but that’s too many”- Peyton Manning

-“He really didn’t want to throw the ball away there.” *awkward mumbling and grumbling about needing to know when to make a play and throw it away*

-“Josh Allen should take the his entire defense out to a Buffalo Wing dinner for keeping him in this game. He is lucky it isn’t 35-15.”- Peyton Manning

-“They’re giving him everything underneath. Take the check downs. Does he know he can have a 10-11 play drive. You’re allowed to have 10 play drive” - Eli Manning

As the game went on there was a lot of talk about decision making from the QB. It started as “well he’s Josh he can make up for it” and the game more or less ended with “you can’t keep doing this to your team”

Then obviously the infamous Brady/Allen exchange about checking it down. But it’s not really about checking it down, it’s understanding where you are in the game and making the right decision at the right time. 

https://twitter.com/siriusxmnfl/status/1720067066814685552?s=46&t=jFTEZzM9QlUz_auGjxtkuA

Edited by Mango
Eli quote
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

He had the flu. He was running a GD fever during the game. What’s Josh’s excuse?

If your point is josh is playing poorly I agree. If you’re point is other quarterbacks don’t have poor performances or bad stretches, that’s a different animal. 

I think everyone knows what you get with josh at this point but we’re not getting as many amazing plays to make up for the wacky bad ones. Josh hasn’t evolved. 

Edited by Shortchaz
  • Like (+1) 2

One line I can't take anymore, "We are WASTING someone as talented as Josh Allen."  Allen has elite physical traits, but he does not think the game or have the preparation of an elite QB.  Allen's early success was much about the schedule we played and the league playing "prove it" with Allen.  Now teams know how to mentally confuse him, and he isn't capable of fixing that.  Allen is part of the problem, stop acting like he isn't.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's not forget the near interception at the start of the game. Plus another bad pass into coverage.

What's curious is the last several interceptions or near-interceptions occurred on the exact same sideline pattern. What I wonder is 1) is Josh's shoulder more injured than they are letting on, and 2) why do they keep calling that play?

You gotta have the route in the playbook and Josh likes to make that throw as we see every week. 

I think defenses know he likes the throw and they wait for it. 

As much as we’ve gotten wrong the. Last few years, we’ve had some stretches where everything has gone right. This may be the university equalling itself out a bit. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

One line I can't take anymore, "We are WASTING someone as talented as Josh Allen."  Allen has elite physical traits, but he does not think the game or have the preparation of an elite QB.  Allen's early success was much about the schedule we played and the league playing "prove it" with Allen.  Now teams know how to mentally confuse him, and he isn't capable of fixing that.  Allen is part of the problem, stop acting like he isn't.

Then the Bills need coaches who can first help Josh mentally, then exaggerate his ceiling and reduce the 'floor' plays. Josh is a problem but the coaches are doing nothing to solve it; indeed I think they're making the issue worse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

-If you have to throw it that hard it makes you wonder if you should throw it at all” -Peyton Manning

This is a perfect summation of what we’ve been seeing from josh for a long stretch. He  has demonstrated an ability to make amazing throws but why is it he has to throw so hard? He has to get better at anticipating as demonstrated by making more receiver friendly throws. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Then the Bills need coaches who can first help Josh mentally, then exaggerate his ceiling and reduce the 'floor' plays. Josh is a problem but the coaches are doing nothing to solve it; indeed I think they're making the issue worse.

The guy is 26 years old, a 45 million dollar a year QB.  You want to rely on a coach to fix that type of QB?!?  It's on Allen.  The plays are there and he has full authority to change the play at the line.

• Thank you (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The second pick was on Josh - it was a ball out to Harty. 

When the QB is struggling, a team needs coaching and players to come up trumps and bring their A game. Dorsey abandoned the running game too often. Cook came close but had a killer fumble. Davis dropped. Murray dropped. Kincaid dropped. Diggs dropped. Josh is having issues but he's not being helped out by anyone around him, who are also making bad errors. How many times to we see receivers for other teams make astounding catches by reaching for the ball or when it's being contested? This lot can't even hold on to one which is straight into their hands.

Yeah, the 2nd int was on Josh.  So was the fumbled exchange with Cook.  That's one INT and one fumble.  He also had a throw that should have been an INT where the DB couldn't stay inbounds.  As far as running the ball more, Cook had a 2nd fumble that miraculously bounced back into his hands after it hit the turf.  In a way, the Bills received 2 big gifts that could have made it actually worse.

The thing is, you've got a QB who has had a history this year of turning the ball over, with this year being no different. 

You have a RB who gave the ball up on the first play of the game.

You have an offense that had turned the ball over twice in the 1st Q. 

You'd think that ball security would be a higher priority.

The 2nd INT was inexcusable, as was the botched handoff to Cook. As was the 2nd Cook fumble.

Both Allen and Cook contributed more than their fair share of the comedy of errors that was the offense last night.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Kincaid wasn’t involved in an INT.  The one to Davis was on Davis, but the one to Harty was on Allen

Targeting Harty on a deep out was ridiculous to begin with.  Just seems like this offense is built on a lot of low percentage throws….absolutely nothing is easy. There is something fundamentally wrong with this scheme.

46 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

It’s sad the D balled out.  They had great aggression and kept us in it.  

Why can’t we fire on all cylinders at the same time?!   Dejected. Ugh 

The D balled out,  but like Jax, NE, Cinci and now Denver…just when Allen and the O get their act together, MCDermotts D caves at exactly the wrong time. They caved against the Giants too, to be honest and got lucky. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh is definetely not the QB he was in 2021... He's throwing into coverages and not seeing the obvious defenders. He's missing plenty of open options, he isn't running the football like he used to, and all we asked of him was to slide instead of taking a hit. His long ball accuracy is non existent. He is not on the same page with Davis.

Josh needs to work on Josh. We have other issues but Josh has issues to fix himself

• Like (+1) 2

His INT percentage is up this year a lot....on an offense that is running the ball better with running backs....on an offense that added two legitimate guards and now has a good OL....on an offense that added a dynamic TE.   Dorsey is getting the heat and will probably be fired soon but something is not right with Josh.  The weird press conferences...Mitch Morse coming out with him last night....he has blank look when he goes to the sideline.   My opinion is something emotional/mental is going on with him that is not known.  A lot of his numbers look fine but the body language says otherwise.  During this bad streak, when the Bills need to score to get back in it, he has been money.

25 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I have not seen him wince the last two games....he could be getting an injection of some sort and he definitely protected it vs the Bengals on runs.   Last night I never thought he was protecting the shoulder.    The INT vs the Bengals and the on before the half last night were bad throws and bad decisions...as was the one at the beginning of the game that was nearly picked.  Cannot blame the shoulder for making the wrong decision.

• Like (+1) 1

How did Mahomes do against this defense?

I’m not making excuses for Josh but don’t overreact - his play is a reflection of this head coach and the OC that have neutered him and tried to turn the entire offense and our philosophy into something it hasn’t been under Allen.  

2 tight ends.  No slot weapon.  No number 2 WR Davis is just not getting it done.  

We are squandering peak Josh Allen.  I’ve already moved on from this staff.  It’s all unacceptable.  

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.