Bills vs Broncos-Monday Night Football

BuffaloBillyG

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Diggs added to injury report. I hate it here.

Guessing Benford and Hyde don't go. They'll wanna be cautious with both. Rasul Douglas may be about to see a full game's worth of snaps.

If Bernard can progress from Limited to Full tomorrow, he should be good. Otherwise, he might be down for the week, too.

Diggs will be fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Guessing Benford and Hyde don't go. They'll wanna be cautious with both. Rasul Douglas may be about to see a full game's worth of snaps.

If Bernard can progress from Limited to Full tomorrow, he should be good. Otherwise, he might be down for the week, too.

Diggs will be fine.

Yea, hoping the extra day is good for Benford and his hammy. Hyde...last thing I wanted to see this year was anything neck related for him. Hoping it's nothing serious/long term. 

And Diggs...I'd think they would have to lock him in a broom closet to stop him from being on the field...though depending on the issue backs can be tricky. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Interesting red on red records.  You would think not, but one has to wonder some kind of psychological factor at work... or just complete random occurrence. 

The games are interesting...

Colorblind game

Crazy Snow Indy game

Renegade part 2 Game

2-0 against dolphins

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yea, hoping the extra day is good for Benford and his hammy. Hyde...last thing I wanted to see this year was anything neck related for him. Hoping it's nothing serious/long term. 

And Diggs...I'd think they would have to lock him in a broom closet to stop him from being on the field...though depending on the issue backs can be tricky. 

We're watching the last season for Micah.  And Poyer won't be far behind.  What are we doing wrong with so many defensive injuries this season?  Can a elite conditioning staff really minimize this?

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're watching the last season for Micah.  And Poyer won't be far behind.  What are we doing wrong with so many defensive injuries this season?  Can a elite conditioning staff really minimize this?

To me the problem is simply age combined with unfortunate events. Conditioning staff couldn't have done anything for Milano getting rolled up on.

Lots of wear and tear on both Hyde and Poyer. I think we just kept them without having a replacement plan in place for a season or two too long. Love what they have done here and we won't be able to replace what we had with them in their prime. But the time has come for fresh blood back there IMO.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

To me the problem is simply age combined with unfortunate events. Conditioning staff couldn't have done anything for Milano getting rolled up on.

Lots of wear and tear on both Hyde and Poyer. I think we just kept them without having a replacement plan in place for a season or two too long. Love what they have done here and we won't be able to replace what we had with them in their prime. But the time has come for fresh blood back there IMO.

Yeah...I know it's not this simple, but...I'd be fine with the Bills shedding a bunch of age and salary cap from their defense in the offseason and going with a youth movement there.

I think they have some nice younger building blocks/cornerstones in Ed Oliver, Groot, AJ Epenesa (if re-signed), Bernard, Milano, Benford, Dane Jackson, and Taron Johnson. And they can keep a couple "old" guys like Rasul Douglas and Daquan Jones if they want.

But...I like the idea of getting younger, faster, fresher, and cheaper on defense, and re-investing some of that money into the offense instead.

The Chiefs went this route, and now are in better salary cap shape than the Bills going forward (if I'm not mistaken), AND they have the better defense. 

It would be one thing if the Bills defense was still elite, but it's not. They're currently bottom 3 in DVOA AND they're old and beat up. Yes, I realize injuries have played a big part in their poor performance this season, but...the injury issue is just going to get worse before it gets better so long as the Bills are so old on defense.

**Side note** I'm so jealous of the Chiefs' coaching situation. They have an elite offensive mind (and Hall of Famer) locked in as head coach for the long term, and one of the league's best defensive minds in Steve Spagnuolo to run the defense. And because Spags isn't a trendy young name and has already had his shot as head coach, he's not likely to get poached any time soon. Great coaching on both sides of the ball, and stability on both offense and defense because neither playcaller is going anywhere any time soon. Damn them.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Micah Hyde's injury came from a cheap shot. No amount of conditioning can do anything about that.

2 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

broncos will run the ball chewing up the clock, bills won't be able to stop the run, bills will fall behind 

for 3 quarters playing flat and fail at a hero ball in the 4th quarter.

Its been scripted.

This is an old take based off the beginning of the year.

No doubt the Broncos want to, and can run the ball. But that doesn’t necessary mean they will with ease.

The last three games (post major injuries here) the Bills have allowed only 76 p/g which is 6th best in that time frame.

With the recent addition of Linval Joseph, I only see them being more capable to stop DEN on the ground. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Are we going to get Fournette for this game? At this point the offense is broken. What are we holding anything back for.  Anyone that can help us score needs to be up. All hands on deck.

Fournette needs to call a players only meeting first. 

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're watching the last season for Micah.  And Poyer won't be far behind.  What are we doing wrong with so many defensive injuries this season?  Can an elite conditioning staff really minimize this?

Well, let’s go position by position:

Jones:  tearing a muscle, not really a conditioning thing although maybe a bit more stretching?

Milano:  someone falling on his leg and breaking it.  Not a conditioning thing

White: ruptured Achilles, can happen to anyone anytime and not a conditioning thing

Bernard:  concussion, not a conditioning thing

Hyde:  Stinger, not a conditioning thing 

I think the answer you’re looking for about elite conditioning is no

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It always felt like we were better off in that mode of: underdog, watch us prove you wrong 

It never seemed like we could get there again after the media love fest we had going on post 13 seconds … we are there now. People are flat out disrespecting us and basically saying what we were is over. If there’s ever a time to draw from that underdog mentality, it’s the stretch run of this season.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Random but  I don't think the Bills have ever won a game that Buck-Aikman have called.

Jets game this year, Bengals no contest, Chiefs at home covid year.

You could be right, but it’s more a factor that the Bills would never have gotten Fox’s A-team for all those years that they were there. And then they got the B-team on a Monday night doubleheader last year against the Titans. 

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, stuvian said:

weather shows a chance of rain Monday. Just thinking about the effect on scoring

Official NWS forecast

NYZ085-112215-

Southern Erie-

Including the cities of Orchard Park and Springville

932 AM EST Sat Nov 11 2023

.TODAY...Mostly cloudy late this morning, then becoming partly

sunny. Highs ranging from the upper 30s inland to the lower 40s

along the Lake Erie shore. Light north winds.

.TONIGHT...Mostly cloudy and colder with lows ranging from the mid

20s inland to the lower 30s along the Lake Erie shore. Light east

winds.

.SUNDAY...Mostly sunny. Highs ranging from around 40 on the hilltops

to the mid 40s across the lower elevations. Light winds.

.SUNDAY NIGHT...Mainly clear. Lows ranging from the upper 20s inland

to the lower 30s along the Lake Erie shore. Light winds, becoming

south 5 to 10 mph.

.MONDAY...Mostly sunny and breezy. Highs ranging from the upper 40s

inland to the lower 50s along the Lake Erie shore. Southwest winds

15 to 20 mph, becoming west with gusts up to 40 mph.

.MONDAY NIGHT...Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s.

.TUESDAY...Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 40s.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 30s.

.WEDNESDAY...Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s.

.THURSDAY...Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.

.THURSDAY NIGHT...Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers.

Lows in the upper 40s.

.FRIDAY...Showers likely. Highs in the upper 50s. Chance of rain

60 percent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Wow, all the gloom and doom.  Boo Hoo

I hear ya. If these delicate little waifs can’t bear the outcomes of a game they have zero control over, perhaps they should give their fragile psyches a break and avoid it all together.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Wow, all the gloom and doom.  Boo Hoo

I'm not gloom and doom. Really Bills are 1 game off where they should be. Pats loss kills me. We should not have lost that game. 

I'd feel a hell of a lot better if between next stretch we had 1 softer game. 

Just get to 7-4 build something, get some rhythm , and hope to pull a couple games out of our ass. If we can go 2-2 between Eagles, Boys, Chiefs, Phins we will be gtg. 

Douglas, Jackson & Johnson should be able to hold down the CB unit this week, as long as they can stay healthy in the game.  Our safety depth is pretty solid.

No excuses this week.  The offense should be able to score early & often, and even a banged-up D shouldn't have trouble with a team like Denver.  They're playing better, but still a few tiers below the Bills in terms of talent.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.