McDermott or Dorsey?

damj

I have seasons ... I'll be out there tailgating every week and having fun,  but I have no expectations of a playoff run anymore.

I don't even expect to make the playoffs ... but I'm okay with that.  At least I know I'll be free for a concert I want to see Wildcard weekend

I have seasons too and will be at the rest of the games. I don't expect any home playoff games this year, that's if the Bills even make the playoffs. But after many many years, this will be my last. Won't be able to afford the new stadium for one. And if Pegula keeps McD, that's a 100% no. If by some miracle, the Bills have a new HC by renew time, then maybe I'll think about 1 more year. But that looks quite doubtful. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I have seasons too and will be at the rest of the games. I don't expect any home playoff games this year, that's if the Bills even make the playoffs. But after many many years, this will be my last. Won't be able to afford the new stadium for one. And if Pegula keeps McD, that's a 100% no. If by some miracle, the Bills have a new HC by renew time, then maybe I'll think about 1 more year. But that looks quite doubtful. 

I'm kind've in the same boat.  My original plan was to keep them until the new stadium opens but the cost of everything keeps going up and if this thing completely goes off the rails...which at this point feels realistic....I don't know if it will even be worth it to shell out the $$$$ for another two seasons.  

Edited by BillsPride12
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The struggling offense,  so you think it's McDermott or Dorsey?

Personally, I blame McDermott.  I have no idea if Dorsey is good enough... but I think McDermott keeper hammering to Doresy to play conservative.... McDermott tried that with Dorsey, but he had enough balls to ignore McDermott and run the offense to Josh's strengths.

Now,  I think McDermott drills into Dorsey and Josh's head to not make a mistake, stay in the pocket,  don't and don't improvise which is what Josh excels at. By the 4th quarter when we're down by 2 scores,  they take the reins off and let Josh play his game

I still expect a wild card. I believe there’s enough talent in offense, and enough veterans who have been here for years to clean up enough of the execution issues to get into the playoffs. 

Dorsey can go. But the core of the offense is the same. Dorsey is reasonably similar to Daboll. But the guys have to be better too. They aren’t a young team anymore. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

8-9 will definitely get McDermott fired and thank the Lord.  Bring on Ben Johnson for Josh.

no it wont!  With all the injuries on D he will be retained

Just now, RiotAct said:

10-7, wildcard berth.

Losses to PHI, LAC (barf), and MIA.

we wont have any tiebreakers to get in at 10-7.  11-6, maybe gets in

• Agree 1

I would fire Dorsey tomorrow because we are definitely regressing under his stewardship on O.  McDermott's seat needs to start getting warm.  If we collapse down the stretch I then I'd say bye bye.  If we look competent down the stretch then give him another season.  

Something is rotting this team from the inside out and it started in the 2nd half of the GB game last year.

Edited by saundena
  • Like (+1) 2

McDermott hired everyone.  He hired Farwell who he fired. He hired Frazier who he fired. And I guarantee you he'll fire Dorsey to save his ass again.  Do you see a pattern here.  McDermott is the problem.  Get a offensive HC in here ( Ben Johnson) and try to salvage Josh's 2nd half of his career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm kind've in the same boat.  My original plan was to keep them until the new stadium opens but the cost of everything keeps going up and if this things completely goes off the rails...which at this point feels completely realistic....I don't know if it will even be worth it to shell out the $$$$ for another two seasons.  

You and me both brother. And the saddest part of everything is, the Bills might be total trash when that new stadium opens. That will lose a lot more STH. Sure, the first year might be okay, just because it's a nice new shiny building. But if the team stinks, Pegula is gonna be wondering where he went wrong.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McDermott hired everyone.  He hired Farwell who he fired. He hired Frazier who he fired. And I guarantee you he'll fire Dorsey to save his ass again.  Do you see a pattern here.  McDermott is the problem.  Get a offensive HC in here ( Ben Johnson) and try to salvage Josh's 2nd half of his career. 

Also hired Rick Dennison who he fired. That’s both offensive and defensive coordinators that have quit/been let go. McD has run his course, the franchise needs a new voice at the top.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McDermott is the HEAD COACH and not the DC only. That post gamer presser was embarrassing. He could talk in-depth about the D but had no answers why they weren’t going more uptempo on offense or barely talked about the offense. It’s obvious he’s putting it all on Dorsey. IMO McDermott is regressing as a coach and him taking on the DC role is impacting the team. The reality is he has no answers on offense and one can only wonder was it like that with Daboll?

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No. No more first time head coaches. I’m not getting trapped with Matt Nagy or Adam Gase. 

Keep McD. Find a real OC with experience, like Miami did with Chan Gailey a few seasons ago 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

My pre season prediction was 10-7. I got blasted for it.  Now, I think they will be lucky to go 9-8 missing the playoffs.

If this is to happen, with Josh Allen as your teams qb and suitable players around him (Diggs,Kincaid) the coaching staff should be fired immediately.  In no circumstances that a Josh Allen lead team with a top defense year out not make the playoffs.  

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

Dorsey is a creative play designer, but he struggles with personnel and tone. Daboll was masterful with those elements, able to read the ebb and flow of his players' inner workings and mood. It isn't easy, but great coaches are more than Xs and Os. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

lol this has been said every game since week 1.

this team is clearly lacking the focus, intensity, passion, joy, etc that the current top teams have

Bills are playing Monday night. Would you prefer the team mutinies and gives up? 

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McDermott hired everyone.  He hired Farwell who he fired. He hired Frazier who he fired. And I guarantee you he'll fire Dorsey to save his ass again.  Do you see a pattern here.  

That is an interesting point.

We don’t have a single coordinator left on this team from just two years again when we were 13 seconds away from the AFCCG.

New Offensive Coordinator, Defensive Coordinator, ST coach, WR coach, O-Line coach, QB coach…

Thats a lot of turnover.

• Agree 1

I think McDermott is the problem.

That's probably why there's bad blood with him and Daboll. McDermott wanted a wimpy boring offense and Daboll just did whatever he wanted. 

And it worked and everyone loved it, which probably hurt McDermott's pride. Then his beloved defense blew the 13 seconds game.

Obviously everyone on the team was aware of the tension and I'll bet many sided with Daboll. His side of the ball was rolling. 

Now Dorsey is just some guy that Josh hoped would be Daboll but McDermott can control him so it's bland vanilla offense 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.