Bills @ Bengals postgame thread

Simon

Bills have too many injuries to people who were game changers. Josh is obviously injured worse than we know and the coaches are not smart enough to work with what they have on offense or defense. They cannot win close games and they definitely cannot overcome the terrible officiating.  I really hope I'm wrong but this season feels lost.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

The sky is falling I see!  🙄

Nah, we were just talking about how our 2nd worst yardage performance and third worst scoring performance and 23 minutes time-of-possession against a defense like Cincy's was really a glass half full kinda thing.  

:D  

Edited by PBF81
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

People laughed when it was suggested that the Bills may go 10-7 on the year.

That was actually my prediction as well lol.  At this point, I honestly put them at 9-8, missing the playoffs all together 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

This season is over. Our zone is like a 7 year old playing Madden. The bengals had guys wide open all game. No matter what week, no matter who we play..every single time we are in a big spot we NEVER make a stop. We NEVER get off the ***** field on 3rd down. If we ever need a stop to give our offense a shot, we absolutely NEVER get it. I’m done with this coach. We are going absolutely nowhere with this guy in charge.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Biggest take away is a new fear unlocked, Von is either not ready or he is done. He was nothing short of a dumpster fire tonight. And that's not even counting the last play of the game. His rush lanes were 10 yards deep, he didn't string out a single run, he left a freeway for Burrough to scramble for a first, and I saw maybe 1 legit pressure from him?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Gabe Davis did not have 1 goddamn catch. Good riddance! 

That’s on coaching and the front office.

I just don’t understand it.  It really is as simple as soon as he sees good corners he’s erased.  

But we watch him practice day after day.  I’m just stunned. 

Bc the difference between us and them is Tee Higgins v Gabe Davis.  Oh and Mixon.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

They honestly played better than I thought they would, I was expecting a blowout. As with most NFL matchups - lose the turnover battle, lose the game.

I am frustrated as had Kincaid not turned the ball over the would have had a chance to come back but they made the mistake that sent the team home

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

What do I know but I feel just the opposite.  I think McD preaches conservative take what's there and that is what was working.  Dorsey likes slinging it as does Josh and that was what the Bengals were playing as Josh held it llooking down field and throwing it into the stands and taking hits.  I thing Josh trys to Mike Tyson his way through everything ........... he's all punch and no jab.  It takes him whole games sometimes to figure out just take what they are giving you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Preds said:

Prepared?  WTH game did you watch.  This team was woefully ill-prepared despite 10 days to be ready.  The defense was absolute swiss cheese and put them in a hole early and put all the pressure on the offense.  

We area BADLY coached team.  Period.  This team is going NOWHERE under the current staff.  A regime turnover is desperately needed.

Giving up 24 to a great O, especially on multiple short fields, is a pretty good performance by the D. 

If you are expecting the top-3 unit we previously had pre-injury, then your expectations are skewed. We had Josh Norman and Tyrell Dodson out there!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BananaB said:

Every time we huddled up the offense stalled all night long. Started right after the Bengals got their second TD. My guess McD wanted to slow the pace down so his D could rest and collect themselves. Jmo. Believe that is a McD call not Dorsey

Instead the Bengals kept the ball against us. Granted Josh helped with a bad interception early and failing to put up points in the final half drive.

What can McDermott and Dorsey say they are better than 95% of other coaches? What is their specialty? What advantage do we gain over other teams with their presence?

I'm going to bet that everyone reading this post will come up empty with any kind of answer. I know the two of them are fine coaches. But they are not Super Bowl caliber.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Just frustrating that Kincaid fumbled when the Bills had a margin for error that was so slim. The defense couldn’t get the ball back when they needed it. Overall I am upset but the Bills hung in with a hot team away not the worst outcome but also very disappointing that the Bills couldn’t get the offense going more consistent 

the fumble by Kinkaid sucks. But the kid is going to be special which has me excited. Really good player. 

im extremely disappointed in the coaching. Not just from this game or  this season, but what it has cost us in seasons past. I’m really disappointed knowing we probably won’t win a SB this year and next year will be a rebuild and who knows after that. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Bills beat by better team.  Never really in this game.  No running game, no legit #2 WR, and defense held together by band-aid at this point.  Von Miller has to make that play at the end of the game.   If Bills make playoffs and that is a big if at this point, will be exiting early.  KC, Cinncy, and even Miami better than Bills at his point.  Have to find a legit #2 WR in off-season and retool defense.   

Edited by Mr. Wonderful
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

What can McDermott and Dorsey say they are better than 95% of other coaches? What is their specialty? What advantage do we gain over other teams with their presence?

I'm going to bet that everyone reading this post will come up empty with any kind of answer. I know the two of them are fine coaches. But they are not Super Bowl caliber.

Dorsey is really good at calling HB draws out of the gun for no gain

• Haha (+1) 1

This loss was on the offense. It scored only 2 TDs.

The defense allowed only 3 points in the 2d hald despite the injuries on D.

My initial take is that the O doesn't execute well enough to dink & dunk down the field and Josh can't seem to hit the long ball.

It would be useful if, when the all-22 is available, someone knowledgeable about such things would comment on why the O isn't more effective. Some of it is execution. For example, on two plays our WRs tripped over one another.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

McD is 7/29 on challenges. I don’t know who he takes advice from or what his process is for deciding when to challenge but it clearly doesn’t work.

Offense started strong but then fell back into a rut where things looked difficult. The fumble by Kincaid was a killer. 

Gabe Davis with absolutely no impact on the game whatsoever. I hope we don’t pay him.

Defensively, we are missing so many guys but McD has to understand that sending pressure rarely yields a positive result. 

I have little hope left for this season. I think at best we are a one and some WC team. 

McD and BB have been here for a long time and unfortunately things are starting to get stale. I don’t see us winning a SB with this current regime and at some point Pegula cant just be happy with making it to the playoffs. This team clearly isn’t what it was 3 years ago. It might very well be time for a new leader. 

They should have won that challenge just insanely frustrating as with a timeout they could have had a chance to get the ball back with a stop

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

What do I know but I feel just the opposite.  I think McD preaches conservative take what's there and that is what was working.  Dorsey likes slinging it as does Josh and that was what the Bengals were playing as Josh held it llooking down field and throwing it into the stands and taking hits.  I thing Josh trys to Mike Tyson his way through everything ........... he's all punch and no jab.  It takes him whole games sometimes to figure out just take what they are giving you.

On the intentional grounding, Josh tripple clutched to the check-down before trying the deep shot. It was like he knew what he should do but just didn't want to it.

Between the rumors of Diggs being upset and thinking the window is closed and Florio with his Jenga tower crap after every single Bills loss I wonder if there really is some serious problem behind the scenes.

Not sure why or what it is because the record is the same as a lot of other teams that are showing a ton of passion and energy. 

Our guys don't look like they're having any fun at all. When Allen started his presser on opening night with "same s different day" I'm starting to think it meant something 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He hung up a banner though?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.