Tonight will let us know if we can contend

Wizard

Tonight is it!  A win on the road let's us know we can beat anyone, even, a team that is tough for us.

We know we can go head to head against the Chiefs. We have beat them before. They have nothing outside of Kelce for Mahomes. 

The Dolphins loss let's us know they can't yet beat good teams on the road. All three losses have been to good teams on the road, including our smashing of them.

The only team the Bills have really struggled to match up the last couple of years is for the taking tonight.

Yes, it is one game on paper. The coach and player speak of "one game at a time" is out the window on this one.

Bills win. We lead the division and should hold off Miami. A loss means we can not sustain enough consistency to win 3-4 straight tough games, including a few road games.

A win tonight means we can go in and under the pressure can beat a tough road team.

Tonight is the next hurdle. Clear it and we have a puncher's chance to come out of the AFC. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Tonight is it!"

"Tonight is the next hurdle."

Ok, which one is it?

My amusement aside, not looking at our recent hits to the defensive roster, when we play 'right' (smart football), we can contend with any team in the league. When we don't, we can lose to any team. The defensive roster losses/adds have to sort themselves out before I have restored confidence on our secondary vs teams with more than 1 WR/TE real threat.

I am confident we will compete and I cant wait for the game - go Bills!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Statement game if this team can’t get up for this game, this season is hopeless.  Major changes coming with a lose.  

no shotgun handoffs. No late defensive to from McLppy. . 

Changes will need to be made this offseason if we get beat tonight. Simon even said this is a must win

If they can't get up for this game, against a team that beat the hell put of them,then talked ****about it and with what this game means playoff wise...

Something has to give

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Tonight is one game. Get in the playoffs, then get hot. We can beat anyone on a good day. 

At this point it would seem that the hope is tied to getting in, whether it's with 11-6 and a division win or as a WC, then hope we get hot for four games.  

This team isn't coached well enough comparatively to be able to win four playoff games without getting hot.  The talent's there, the coaching is not.  

@GunnerBill  We'll find out tonight.  

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, Wizard said:

Tonight is it!  A win on the road let's us know we can beat anyone, even, a team that is tough for us.

We know we can go head to head against the Chiefs. We have beat them before. They have nothing outside of Kelce for Mahomes. 

And Pacheco… and a good, opportunistic defense.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Tonight is one game. Get in the playoffs, then get hot. We can beat anyone on a good day. 

It’s OUR turn. 

There isn’t a team in this league that hasn’t looked pedestrian at some stage this year …

Although I would like to see the Bills stand up tonight against this particular team…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Wizard said:

The Dolphins loss let's us know they can't yet beat good teams on the road. All three losses have been to good teams on the road, including our smashing of them.

The only team the Bills have really struggled to match up the last couple of years is for the taking tonight.

Yes, it is one game on paper. The coach and player speak of "one game at a time" is out the window on this one.

Bills win. We lead the division and should hold off Miami. A loss means we can not sustain enough consistency to win 3-4 straight tough games, including a few road games.

A win tonight means we can go in and under the pressure can beat a tough road team.

Tonight is the next hurdle. Clear it and we have a puncher's chance to come out of the AFC. 

Now I have that Jets/Sharks song “Tonight” (west side story) in my head! 

“The Bills are going to have their day. Tonight!!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Statement game if this team can’t get up for this game, this season is hopeless.  Major changes coming with a lose.  

no shotgun handoffs. No late defensive to from McLppy. . 

Even with all the injuries,  this team has enough talent to beat Cincy. Unfortunately I have absolutely zero faith in McDorsey.  Just the facts....as usual Josh & Co will need to rise up above the coaching issues.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Even with all the injuries,  this team has enough talent to beat Cincy. Unfortunately I have absolutely zero faith in McDorsey.  Just the facts....as usual Josh & Co will need to rise up above the coaching issues.

In fact, the two defenses are pretty similar.  

Anyone complaining about ours in the context of this particular game, needs to look at their secondary and then reevaluate.  

36 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm not sure if it does. We have 3 brand new (to the team) players that aren't going to be up to speed and Lenny isn't even playing. I just don't think it'll be so smooth for them this week as it may be for them in a few week. 

Probably too late by then 

I truly believe tonight’s game will set the wheels in motion one way or another.

Win this ***** and the swagger and confidence returns and the Bills will be a load.

Lose and they will struggle to make the post-season and probably one and done if they do.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's foolish to make games bigger than they are. It's an important game because they are all important, but it doesn't impact how the Bills perform next week.

This was always going to be a tough game on the schedule.

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Whatever happens you will say coaching is to blame. I am not persuaded the talent is there to hang with them.

OK, well that's an overgeneralization if you've ever laid one out. 

Sorry, but our offense should, as it has already, slice through that Bengal D like a hot knife through butter.  

Defensively, Cincy's scored a max of 34 points this season, it shouldn't be too much to ask to hold them to under that.  Time for our "defensive oriented head coach" to put the pedal to the metal tonight.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Whatever happens you will say coaching is to blame. I am not persuaded the talent is there to hang with them.

So far the talent is able to hang with them. The Bengals are not playing well.

The coaching has been making a difference. On several plays we had poor zone coverages, poor decisions, poor play calls, and the whole kit and kaboodle of bad game management 

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

So far the talent is able to hang with them. The Bengals are not playing well.

The coaching has been making a difference. On several plays we had poor zone coverages, poor decisions, poor play calls, and the whole kit and kaboodle of bad game management 

It has been a mix. But I agree the play calling hasn't been good. Way too many blitzes on defense and again just not sure what their plan is on offense. Very disjointed. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

It starts up front.  Bengals have better oline and dline.  Beane wastes too many picks and $ on dline.  We lose Jones and it all collapses on dline.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.