Bills signing Fournette (for real this time)

Process

• Process changed the title to Bills signing Fournette (for real this time)
5 minutes ago, Process said:

I like this move. Murray has value in pass protection but I don't want to see him touching the ball anymore. It's been painful watching him run it recently.

For QB or Rb??? Because I honk he has more value as a backup qb than Rb. 

weird picture to use 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

he can say yes or no to going elsewhere. hed just say no if he didnt want to be here, cmon dont be redic

I'm joking. I'm half tempted to create another account and go all negative all the time. In fact, I think some of the most over-the-top accounts on this board are actually burner accounts of otherwise reputable posters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Don't really see any downside. Don't really know if I see any upside either but I'm guessing trade discussions for a RB are too pricy. 

He's here for one reason, and one reason only: a vendetta to find who beaned him with the beer can. 🤨

• Haha (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

So, a PS signing so that he can get in shape and have another team poach him?

I suspect he'll sign for much more than the normal PS salary so any team wanting to poach him will need to pay more than he's getting.

Plus if a team wanted him, they could have signed him right now just like the Bills apparently have.

I've also read that when a player on a teams PS is potentially being poached the agent gives the team  who he is currently on the PS for first dibs to match and sign him to their own 53.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

That’s the only thing I’ve called him since he fought Shaq.

He’s fat but I really like the move. He’s got some game as long as he didn’t eat it

I just remember him in college and thinking he was in his mid 40s. By all accounts, he’s a really good teammate. 

but I hope this isn’t going into Cook’s usage. I think he’s been pretty good this year, minus pass pro.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

is Lenny good in pass pro?  

At any rate, a good RB to use for short yardage.  Have him go up the middle and Allen push him!

He's a very good pass catcher as well, which is unique at his size.  This is a nice get, IMO

• Agree 1

I like the move personally, better than using assets to trade for a RB.  I don't know if we are going to make any trades, but if we do, I hope it is for some help for the defense because it went from probably the best unit in the NFL before the injuries to literally bottom third.  And with our offense struggling with consistency and closing out drives for points, we can't have a defense that lets the Mac Jones, Tyrod Taylors, and Baker Mayfields of the world drive end of the games for shots at winning (which if we are being honest, we got lucky to not lose all 3). 

More importantly, we need to get Cook more touches not less, so signing a guy off the street vs trading for someone keeps that option open and doesn't feel like they need to force feed the newly acquired RB more than necessary.  

I still think Cook should be getting 18+ touches EVERY game between rushing and receiving, and I don't see Fournette as a threat to that and more of a guy who can hopefully do more with the touches being given currently to Murray.  And if something was to happen to Cook, then Fournette feels a lot more like a guy who can lead the backfield than Murray could at this stage of his career.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.