Chiefs v Dolphins in Frankfurt Germany

Aussie Joe

19 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t understand why Chiefs fans would hate Allen. I was never a Brady fan for many reasons, but I always enjoyed watching great QB play. It seems like it should be a fun competitive thing more than dislike. They’ve won titles, not sure why Allen would bother them, but that’s fandom for you. 

The same reason when I hear people hate the Bills. They've been infamous more than anything else.

No arrogant Superbowl posturing. Rarely any hot dog behavior, dirty players, stupidly loyal fans, etc..

If anyone should hate the Bills it Bills fans for what they have put us through!!! 😂

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t understand why Chiefs fans would hate Allen.

That’s because they don’t. I haven’t met a KC fan that hates Allen. They hate the media for anointing Allen to Mahomes level a few years ago. That has cooled down in the media so I don’t think many KC fans have any animosity towards Allen.

Burrow, on the other hand, is enemy #1. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I can't stand Mike McDaniels. There are few coaches in the NFL who annoy me and he is definitely one of them 

He's quirky, that's for sure. Kind of like the David Byrne of the coaching world.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

I can't either. He takes such joy in the game. He's like the anti-Belichick.

I WANT to hate the guy, but I can't, he's just too much of a regular person and he's kinda funny to boot... :beer:  

On 10/30/2023 at 5:04 PM, Fleezoid said:

Kermy in Germany

Kermit.jpg.cc61ba110c284297cec020d9cfa9bb94.jpg

Hey!  Mahomes and Swifty!  Hope their significant others don't see this!

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh I don’t doubt he’s been doing it for awhile lol it just feels like he’s trying a little too hard to be quirky whenever I see him 

It's like we're just finding out Mitch Hedberg had a long lost brudder.

• Haha (+1) 1

So, KC was chllin this week at home and had their Halloween party, and are boarding a plane for Germany tonight. They will land in Frankfurt at 10:30am Friday.  Much like the Bills did in London, They won’t bother getting their body clocks adjusted.

Meanwhile the Fins left Monday and had their 2nd full practice in Germany today.

Advantage Miami

20 minutes ago, zow2 said:

So, KC was chllin this week at home and had their Halloween party, and are boarding a plane for Germany tonight. They will land in Frankfurt at 10:30am Friday.  Much like the Bills did in London, They won’t bother getting their body clocks adjusted.

Meanwhile the Fins left Monday and had their 2nd full practice in Germany today.

Advantage Miami

Would’ve been an even bigger advantage for MIA if they had been there for a week already. I compare this travel schedule to the Titans/Ravens. Ravens left on Monday, Titans later in the week. Ravens won the game, but I’m not sure how much their early arrival helped.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Advantage Miami

Going to Germany is just fine. You stay up that day when you arrive after a brief nap on the plan. 

They'll likely sleep 3-4 hours on the plane. 

On 10/30/2023 at 9:57 PM, NewEra said:

Could be wrong, but I feel that most chiefs fans would rather lose to Tyreek than to Josh allen again.  They traded Tyreek and won another SB in the first year.  I don’t see any grudges. Meanwhile most chiefs fans hate Josh Allen.  

I don't think they care much.  I wouldn't.  The Chiefs traded him; he didn't leave of his own accord.  And then they won the SB without him anyway.  Plus, and it must be said, as great a WR as he is, he's a garbage human being.

And while they hate losing to us, I bet they hate losing to Cincinnati even more.  

Edited by BRH

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Mike McDaniel isn't cool. He tries to emulate what cool is. He seems like a dweeb on the spectrum trying to pull off a definition of cool he pulled from someone.

He talks too much.

This is exactly how I feel and I could not articulate it as well lol it’s like he’s trying so hard to make it look like he’s chill 😂

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is exactly how I feel and I could not articulate it as well lol it’s like he’s trying so hard to make it look like he’s chill 😂

Let me preface this by saying no one is perfect, we are all on the spectrum, and we are ***** up.

This dude reminds me of the kid on SNL for a while who looks derpy and tries to be funny and his dad died in 9/11.  I forget his name. He never seems to not try. Everything is forced like he has a stick up his ass.

It is like someone told a person on the softer side of the spectrum who has an OCD neurosis his character is a "non-chalant, charismatic coach who is always upbeat and good vibes" and we got this dude. 

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2023 at 12:53 AM, Aussie Joe said:

One of these flogs has to lose …

There is only upside 

actually rooting for Miami as we need to knock KC back, for the most part we dominate Miami so i think we take them again this year

On 10/30/2023 at 7:47 AM, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Jeesh. just really wasting what could be the game of the year so far in a terrible stadium setting, at a terrible time, and on a terrible network. 

not the game of the year, us against eagles will be

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Dolphins are going to win by 10+

I agree.

First off, giving credit where it's due, KC has played really good team defense this year. It's been the reason why they are winning. However, they are overmatched a bit this game. I do not think the Chiefs can win this one in a shootout. There's a lot to factor into this game but the 2 things that stick out to me most are that 

1. As unlikable as Tyreek Hill is...he's going to be playing with a vendetta. And the way he's played so far this year him having extra motivation is a frightening thought.

2. Travel plans. Miami got in on Monday. Chiefs on Thursday. I think we all saw firsthand the difference that makes. 

This weekend will tell us a lot about how the top AFC teams are shaking out. With this game and us against the Bengals. Baltimore should win against Seattle, but the 'Hawks aren't an easy out either. And don't look now, but the Steelers are suddenly 5-3. For the Bills, this game is basically a must win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I agree.

First off, giving credit where it's due, KC has played really good team defense this year. It's been the reason why they are winning. However, they are overmatched a bit this game. I do not think the Chiefs can win this one in a shootout. There's a lot to factor into this game but the 2 things that stick out to me most are that 

1. As unlikable as Tyreek Hill is...he's going to be playing with a vendetta. And the way he's played so far this year him having extra motivation is a frightening thought.

2. Travel plans. Miami got in on Monday. Chiefs on Thursday. I think we all saw firsthand the difference that makes. 

This weekend will tell us a lot about how the top AFC teams are shaking out. With this game and us against the Bengals. Baltimore should win against Seattle, but the 'Hawks aren't an easy out either. And don't look now, but the Steelers are suddenly 5-3. For the Bills, this game is basically a must win. 

Having just made the trip to London myself I can tell you that a coaching staff has to be totally brain dead to make the trip later in the week. You definitely need more than that to adjust to the time change. 

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Having just made the trip to London myself I can tell you that a coaching staff has to be totally brain dead to make the trip later in the week. You definitely need more than that to adjust to the time change. 

There are certain aspects about the international travel I can see the coaching staffs points on. Spending the first part of the week in your own facility with access to better rehab equipment being the big one. 

But having a game in a European country 7 days after playing a game stateside is impractical for both teams. Really think it would make much more sense to schedule teams coming off a bye for international games. I also think they should schedule 4 teams to play there and stay 2 weeks. Something like the Dolphins play the Chiefs and Jags play the Ravens the first week...then flip it and the Jags play the Dolphins and Chiefs play Ravens the 2nd week. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/2/2023 at 11:34 PM, TheFunPolice said:

Dolphins are going to win by 10+

I wanna take that bet. Miami has gotten worked by every good team they have played. Their defense is much better and they should know how to take away Hill (as much as you can). 

Push comes to shove, Miami is a soft, flashy team that backs down when they get hit in the face. Basically, they are a Pac 12 or Big 13 team playing Alabama or Georgia. Always that the SeC in that matchup.

• Agree 2

On 11/2/2023 at 11:32 PM, aceman_16 said:

I'm here now.  The KC cheerleaders were at Ramstein AFB BX signing posters.  It made me reminisce about the Jills.

I read “BX” as “BK” and was thinking to myself for a minute ‘why were they at a Burger King of all places???’

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

is it crazy that the Week 18 rematch in Miami worries me more than the game @KC in a few weeks?  For that reason, I think I’m rooting for the Chiefs  here.  Thoughts?

Josh matches up really well with Miami and for whatever reason, excels against them.  The Bills and Chiefs seem to be evenly matched.  I’m worried the Bengals are just a bad matchup for Allen/the Bills and losing this upcoming game is going to seriously affect the Bills’ playoff odds, per the NYT playoff calculator. 

1 hour ago, Drew21PA said:

no home field for KC for the first time in - what forever?

Not long actually, 2021.

Titans were the 1 seed and were taken out by the Bengals in a game that I think may have been all FG's.

Bills were a Josh Allen slip at the 1 yard line against the Titans away from being the 1 seed that year. 

3 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Josh matches up really well with Miami and for whatever reason, excels against them.  The Bills and Chiefs seem to be evenly matched.  I’m worried the Bengals are just a bad matchup for Allen/the Bills and losing this upcoming game is going to seriously affect the Bills’ playoff odds, per the NYT playoff calculator. 

I think it is the biggest reason why Allen is +1400 for MVP despite only being a game back from all the other good AFC teams and having statistically his best year ever. Vegas has a lot of upcoming losses baked in. Even if the Bills split all their remaining tough opponent games, Bengals, KC, Philly, Dallas and Miami that puts them as either a 5 or 6 loss team. 

This Bengals game is massive for sure. If the Bills win it will feel likely for playoffs. A loss honestly would make it look 50/50. I don't even feel great about the Denver game either. It feels like we are getting a lot of teams this year as they are peaking or turning it around. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.